Rodgers: I don't know

mecha

Liked Posts:
if it involves screwing the Bears somehow, it will happen.

the Bears need to learn how to put together a comprehensive gameplan against their top rivals for once. this concept has eluded multiple coaching staffs now.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Rodgers is trolling hard

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He had his chance to really press the issue and he didn't. Obvious at this point he's coming back.

It's great for the Bears honestly. The Packers fail to recoup three years worth of draft picks for a thirty-seven year old player and now if shit goes sideways even a little bit in Green Bay the whole thing detonates even more spectacularly. There is only one Tom Brady, everyone else starts to seriously decline around the age Aaron Rodgers is at now.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Packers need to call his bluff and let him sit it out

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He had his chance to really press the issue and he didn't. Obvious at this point he's coming back.

It's great for the Bears honestly. The Packers fail to recoup three years worth of draft picks for a thirty-seven year old player and now if shit goes sideways even a little bit in Green Bay the whole thing detonates even more spectacularly. There is only one Tom Brady, everyone else starts to seriously decline around the age Aaron Rodgers is at now.
Rodgers is fresh off an MVP season and looked as good as ever. Sure, he might not play until his mid-40s, but I think 3-4 more years at elite production is hardly out of the question. It’s not like GB is particularly good at drafting. Those 1st rounders are 50-50 at best.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
if it involves screwing the Bears somehow, it will happen.

the Bears need to learn how to put together a comprehensive gameplan against their top rivals for once. this concept has eluded multiple coaching staffs now.

Exactly. Maybe now we have a QB that can actually drive down the field and score points consistently. Man that sure would be nice to see.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
It's a long way from saying he'll never play another down as a Packer to "I don't know". He's back, but he looked like shit doing it.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Rodgers is fresh off an MVP season and looked as good as ever. Sure, he might not play until his mid-40s, but I think 3-4 more years at elite production is hardly out of the question. It’s not like GB is particularly good at drafting. Those 1st rounders are 50-50 at best.
I think people have been declaring him "done" for the last decade. LOL

hate to say it, he's one of those talents in line with a prime Peyton Manning that can make any receiver good.

the 49ers beat the shit out of him during their Super Bowl season, he can be touched and rattled. blows my mind that not just the Bears but seemingly no one else is capable of duplicating that. it's all video documented, it's there.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a long way from saying he'll never play another down as a Packer to "I don't know". He's back, but he looked like shit doing it.

He’s not gonna flat out say he’s done in Green Bay publicly and take the media hit/fan backlash. He has people who do that for him. It allows him the avenue to say he never really wanted to leave Green Bay in the first place, if nothing eventually comes of the holdout.

“Sometimes, the loudest person in the room is not the smartest person,” Rodgers said. “Sometimes the loudest person in the room is not the person who has all the facts on their side or the truth on their side. Sometimes there’s a lot of wisdom in silence. Sometimes there’s a lot of wisdom in being selective on what you say.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The guy putts like a professional golfer. He should go try that and let Green Bay play Mr. Love.

Otherwise, he can be a PA on his wife’s next project.

There are plenty of things he can do with his new found freedom. Please just stop torturing the Bears.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Anyone being honest with themselves realize it is near certain he will be at TC and the Wk1 starter for GB. But the undercurrent of mistrust, second guessing, resentment will flow all season.

I can't believe that Matt LeFleur won't be gripping every time he calls AR off the field for a late game 4th and short punt, or that AR won't show his ass with a quiet glare at every playcall that displeases him, or that his teammates won't privately question his dedication after any bad games.

AR won't be an outright cancer, he will be high blood pressure, the silent killer.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
FINALLY we hear something about Aaron Rodgers!!

He has been all but forgotten this offseason. Can’t seem to get anyone to talk about him.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Anyone being honest with themselves realize it is near certain he will be at TC and the Wk1 starter for GB. But the undercurrent of mistrust, second guessing, resentment will flow all season.

I can't believe that Matt LeFleur won't be gripping every time he calls AR off the field for a late game 4th and short punt, or that AR won't show his ass with a quiet glare at every playcall that displeases him, or that his teammates won't privately question his dedication after any bad games.

AR won't be an outright cancer, he will be high blood pressure, the silent killer.
Yep.............I hope this is a season of disfunction like Rodgers last year with McCarthy.

msadows

Liked Posts:

He's basically a cancer right now. The guy is a major distraction right now for one of the best teams in the NFC. They know they are fucked without him. Aaron knows it too. He is that team.

I agree with you, he will play. I think there is gonna be some major issues by midseason inside that locker room.

Either way, if I get to watch the demise of a 30 year packers run and the start of bears run, this might be the 2nd best bears season of my lifetime.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He's basically a cancer right now. The guy is a major distraction right now for one of the best teams in the NFC. They know they are fucked without him. Aaron knows it too. He is that team.

I agree with you, he will play. I think there is gonna be some major issues by midseason inside that locker room.

Either way, if I get to watch the demise of a 30 year packers run and the start of bears run, this might be the 2nd best bears season of my lifetime.
Not sure. He's always been a diva and it's worked. I'm sure teammates look as 'Aaron being Aaron', but also know it's probably their last year with him, so I'd expect max effort.

I know it's hard to disconnect the two but the Packers success and Bears success only have 2 games related to each other. I see there's a big chance the Bears will only go as far as Andy Dalton/Rookie QB can take them, which doesn't get me overly excited. I like Fields, but expecting a playoff caliber performance from a rookie is asking a lot. It's more likely that the Offense looks a bit better and the D probably is a bit worse. Might have around the same result as last year (.500). That should/could signal turnover of GM and coach.

That's the Bears piece. Now for the Packers. Sure they might be forced to trade away Rodgers, but what you are forgetting is what they will get in return. They could get a king's ransom and if that's the case it might help them stay competitive or maybe draft his replacement (assuming Love isn't the guy). Hell, let's just think of what can happen. What if Watson beats all charges and he's traded for Rodgers straight up? He'd be a 26 year old franchise QB replacing then 38 year old. Hardly a move life long Bears fans would be happy about.

Anyway, if I were you guys I'd keep setting your expectations really low. Assume Rodgers is back and GB is good. That way if one or both of those things don't happen it's gravy.