Report: Blackhawks looking to deal Duncan Keith?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What stings is watching the 'Lucky sperm club' play house with the team I've lived and died with for over fifty years.

Now we get to enjoy Bret 'buyout' Connolly for the next two seasons @3.5M per........TF is goin on here?
Stop living and dying for people and organizations that don’t care about you. Enjoy the memories of the dynasty and stop crying about thumbs

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
So Edmonton wants Chicago to retain salary in a Keith trade, and the return for The Hawks is Caleb Jones. If the Hawks don’t retain Edmonton may look somewhere else.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stop living and dying for people and organizations that don’t care about you. Enjoy the memories of the dynasty and stop crying about thumbs
It must be great to be a casual fan and not give a fuck about a team heading in the wrong direction. I'm gettin' there myself,I care about the team less and less every day.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It must be great to be a casual fan and not give a fuck about a team heading in the wrong direction. I'm gettin' there myself,I care about the team less and less every day.
Bob, what is currently happening in and around the organization comes as no surprise. Those who have been following this team from The 70’s, have seen it all before.
Its very easy for the franchise to save face and move forward with a clear conscious, make it available for the public to know what happened in 2010 surrounding the sexual abuse allegations and rectify the situation immediately instead of jumping through hoops about the subject at hand, clear out all those who could of been directly involved or indirectly involved Bowman, Macassic to start, issue a massive apology to the alledge victims and resolve this matter at all costs now(Rocky has been silent)if it’s monetary clear the settlement and move forward, the 2nd is the team logo which is getting a lot of reaction to after hundreds of indigenous children were found under residential schools throughout Canada and the years of mistreatment of natives throughout NorthAmerica come to light. There is a dark cloud hanging over this franchise right now, it can be cleared with the right Intentions and can get worse with subject of denial.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So Edmonton wants Chicago to retain salary in a Keith trade, and the return for The Hawks is Caleb Jones. If the Hawks don’t retain Edmonton may look somewhere else.
Not sure how I feel about this. Where is it coming from?

Retain how much? He's only actually making like 3.5m this year I think.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bob, what is currently happening in and around the organization comes as no surprise. Those who have been following this team from The 70’s, have seen it all before.
Its very easy for the franchise to save face and move forward with a clear conscious, make it available for the public to know what happened in 2010 surrounding the sexual abuse allegations and rectify the situation immediately instead of jumping through hoops about the subject at hand, clear out all those who could of been directly involved or indirectly involved Bowman, Macassic to start, issue a massive apology to the alledge victims and resolve this matter at all costs now(Rocky has been silent)if it’s monetary clear the settlement and move forward, the 2nd is the team logo which is getting a lot of reaction to after hundreds of indigenous children were found under residential schools throughout Canada and the years of mistreatment of natives throughout NorthAmerica come to light. There is a dark cloud hanging over this franchise right now, it can be cleared with the right Intentions and can get worse with subject of denial.
Everyone's entitled to their own perspective but I lived through all 49 years of cup-less hell and heart braking SCF failures so I'm grateful for the cup run that brought such pride to my city and great Hawk fans everywhere in Hawk nation.

But what have the years since wrought besides real bad hockey and........

The Peters/Aliu thing being swept under the rug,the Mark Crawford physically abusing players being swept under the rug,'Prince Daniel' doubling down on keeping the logo and guess what? The sex assault claims will now leave the news cycle too while the investigation takes months and months and the suites could easily be settled......lift the rug one more time.....watch!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You have seen them literally do the thing that every organization strives for. Not just a championship but a few of them within the span of a handful of years, while also going deep a few other seasons. They were called the team that brought hockey back by SI. Sucks they aren't competitive every single year but you have some great memories to cherish, casual or not.

What direction did you expect them to go in after being one of the three most dominant teams over the span of about a decade? Maybe they should get back having coaches fondle their players. Bring back that championship culture.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Mass Havoc I read about this in the Edmonton Journal, They also went on to talk about Duncans offensive output and for his cost they could find a Cheaper offer.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You have seen them literally do the thing that every organization strives for. Not just a championship but a few of them within the span of a handful of years, while also going deep a few other seasons. They were called the team that brought hockey back by SI. Sucks they aren't competitive every single year but you have some great memories to cherish, casual or not.

What direction did you expect them to go in after being one of the three most dominant teams over the span of about a decade? Maybe they should get back having coaches fondle their players. Bring back that championship culture.
Woulda been nice to hang onto the HC who did all that and maybe shitcan the GM who refused to call the law on the fondler and possibly wrote the damming referral letter.
It's been six years since the cups.....six bad years. I guess I expected the team to stay competitive like the Pens have.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I dont care about the salary if it increases the haul...in fact take it.

Deal Toews to the Kraken and send Kane for Eichel and the rest of the house.

Might actually be a decent time to move on from 2010 entirely.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Woulda been nice to hang onto the HC who did all that and maybe shitcan the GM who refused to call the law on the fondler and possibly wrote the damming referral letter.
It's been six years since the cups.....six bad years. I guess I expected the team to stay competitive like the Pens have.
I think canning Q was a big mistake. At least he went to a team 30min away from me so I can cheer for him

Vanken

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mass Havoc I read about this in the Edmonton Journal, They also went on to talk about Duncans offensive output and for his cost they could find a Cheaper offer.
Cheaper than a defenceman who will earn $2.1 million in the coming year and $1.5 million that year after that?

Bust

Liked Posts:
I dont care about the salary if it increases the haul...in fact take it.

Deal Toews to the Kraken and send Kane for Eichel and the rest of the house.

Might actually be a decent time to move on from 2010 entirely.

this is your best post all year! Congrats!!

T and K had to have known the repercussions down the road once 2 roster spots took up 21 million. During the time of this signing the NHL cap was what? 70 million? lol!!!

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With only two left on Keith's deal,recapture becomes less of a factor and the guy is incredibly fit and healthy. Not a Norris caliber D-man at this point any longer but a resurgence with the right team is far from out of the question and a better leader you won't find.
Maybe a frail,fragile Lil dude like Boq or Beaudin are ready to give the team 25 minutes a night against the opponent's best and maybe I'm the Easter bunny!
You're right, in the reverse. If Keith moves now it will hurt less than if ne moves at the end of this upcoming season.

Keith is good if his icetime is limited--even if limited to high-danger scenarios. 30 mins a night doesn't work for him anymore but around 20-22 he's still good.

Who knows. Maybe he gets on a team where he doesn't have to be *the* guy and has a resurgence. But unfortunately with the gutterslime that litters the 'hawks blueline right now? We still have to run him roughshod.

Still one of, if not the, best D-man to lace 'em up for the Indianhead--no matter if he stays or goes.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
You're right, in the reverse. If Keith moves now it will hurt less than if ne moves at the end of this upcoming season.

Keith is good if his icetime is limited--even if limited to high-danger scenarios. 30 mins a night doesn't work for him anymore but around 20-22 he's still good.

Who knows. Maybe he gets on a team where he doesn't have to be *the* guy and has a resurgence. But unfortunately with the gutterslime that litters the 'hawks blueline right now? We still have to run him roughshod.

Still one of, if not the, best D-man to lace 'em up for the Indianhead--no matter if he stays or goes.
The media is certainly reporting Keith wants out to be closer to his family, Edmonton to Penticton British Columbia is still a trip in a half. The reality is, there is no one who can replace him right now or next season. Seth Jones would be a great pick up, but the guy can’t play 60mims a game, he knows whats currently happening in Chicago, the guy is not coming here. Boqvist and Murphy are the teams 1 and 2 if Keith is gone, imagine that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every time there is a goal Murphy is fucking up or making a soft play in the last 30 seconds.
Stout offensive players get the feeling they can do anything and go anywhere against the Hawks with or without Keith.
I just have a feeling no Keith will expose the severity of the rot.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
The media is certainly reporting Keith wants out to be closer to his family, Edmonton to Penticton British Columbia is still a trip in a half. The reality is, there is no one who can replace him right now or next season. Seth Jones would be a great pick up, but the guy can’t play 60mims a game, he knows whats currently happening in Chicago, the guy is not coming here. Boqvist and Murphy are the teams 1 and 2 if Keith is gone, imagine that.
Why do we need his replacement this year or next? This team is not competing for a SC anytime soon.

Also, BoqBust and Murphy are fine as the #5/#6 combo, maybe, but on a competing team they are not close to top-4.

It is clear tank time.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is your best post all year! Congrats!!

T and K had to have known the repercussions down the road once 2 roster spots took up 21 million. During the time of this signing the NHL cap was what? 70 million? lol!!!

Oops!!!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He won't come here unless he gets paid at least. :)
Why do we need his replacement this year or next? This team is not competing for a SC anytime soon.

Also, BoqBust and Murphy are fine as the #5/#6 combo, maybe, but on a competing team they are not close to top-4.

It is clear tank time.
Perhaps the 'hawks don't need his replacement, but until they get someone to take over his role there'll be no real moving towards improvement. Couple that with everything going on with the sexual misconduct happenings and it's a very bleak picture for the 'hawks--they are not competing for a SC anytime soon, they have no real upcoming guys on the defensive side and scrubs otherwise, they don't have a goaltender who could remotely cover the D we have (that would take someone better than Crawford--more like a Tim Thomas or a Dominic Hasek), and they're getting an nihilated in their handling of the sexual misconduct hearings--basically treating it as if they were the Catholic Church and saying, "Not our job to provide a non-hostile work environment."

Unless things turn around a 5000k or less attendance levels could once again be coming soon.