GMFB: Matt Nagy Has Honest Expectation For Bears Offense in 2021

Brownie

Liked Posts:
...from about the 6:00 mark on, they make some good points about the Offense's inability to stay on the field (supported stats regarding the huge number of 3 and outs the past few years) and how that effects the Defense..

Here's the full interview:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nate Burleson calls out what many Bears fans have called out for years, that how the Bears offenses' inability to stay on the field can negatively impact the defense. Take a look starting at around the 5:34 mark:

Brownie

Liked Posts:
"You can't live in the past. And that's not what we're gonna do, I refuse to let that happen... This is a new season and we have a fresh start so let's see what we can do with it.." -- Matt Nagy

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I think the stat of Mack’s pressures going down significantly is good too. Most on here think Mack has affected games a lot the past year or two. The truth is, he hasn’t been near as effective, in sacks or pressures.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Must not get many views though, because it sure isn’t talked about by the media much…
Not sure what views has to do with anything but i've heard the media talk about it plenty, from on the spot analysis from broadcast teams to beat writers, to sports talk hosts. As Bears fans, i didn't think anyone really needed to hear this when we've been watching it time and time again for 30 years.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Oddly enough, whenever our offense was clicking it seemed like our defense took a shit.

There was almost never a time when both units were play well (with the caveat that the offense usually never played well to start with).

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Pressure is certainly on Nagy this year, and Fields is not an automatic renewal for him as a head coach as many think.

Its year 4 and his offense needs to show progress.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
"You can't live in the past. And that's not what we're gonna do, I refuse to let that happen... This is a new season and we have a fresh start so let's see what we can do with it.." -- Matt Nagy

Yeah, fuck living in the past. The 85 Bears would not approve of that.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Does Nagy ever give honest expectations or answers? Everything is very cliche salesmen talk with positive spins, optimism, and word salad. Rarely if ever have I heard Nagy make honest, direct, and critical observations or statements

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
"You can't live in the past. And that's not what we're gonna do, I refuse to let that happen... This is a new season and we have a fresh start so let's see what we can do with it, collaboratively.." -- Matt Nagy

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Nagy has cited the can’t live in the past mantra for the 3rd season in a row now.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
Regardless of the 'better' players on offense, I still think Nagy doesn't make up an effective game plan, nor make successful 'in-game' adjustments to the O. Additionally, I get the impression that he has virtually zero impact on the Defense. He seems very likeable, but so do most Realtors!