OT: Richard Sherman arrested and denied bail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
It's a sobering realization that many interest groups agendas trend the nation toward division, civil strife and disunity. Often this is their conscious aim and they're well aware of it. The leaders of several countries have cast blame on America for exporting our civil strife to them; most recently France and Cuba have made that accusation. Both countries are being rocked by mass riots aka 'protests'
It’s really unfortunate. I want people to speak their mind as much as they want unless they hurt someone else doing it.

The speed and volume of how far information can spread has benefits, and negatives, and causes people to instinctively react without researching the issue for themselves.

Can some people miss the point any more by ripping down statues of Lincoln and Frederick Douglass in the name of “equality?”

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It’s really unfortunate. I want people to speak their mind as much as they want unless they hurt someone else doing it.

The speed and volume of how far information can spread has benefits, and negatives, and causes people to instinctively react without researching the issue for themselves.

Can some people miss the point any more by ripping down statues of Lincoln and Frederick Douglass in the name of “equality?”

They don't say equality anymore, they say equity. They want a different thing and the ideology they follow does not value men like Lincoln or Douglass. If it was a statue of Che Guevera or Karl Marx they wouldn't tear it down

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
They don't say equality anymore, they say equity. They want a different thing and the ideology they follow does not value men like Lincoln or Douglass. If it was a statue of Che Guevera or Karl Marx they wouldn't tear it down
True. Much of the nonsense preached today is the antithesis to the teachings of Douglass and MLK.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Oh, I know, I know!

Education have nothing to do with this. I have dealt with both types. Scumbags, come from both backgrounds..

Surely this is a troll attempt??? The irony in your poorly written retort is titillating.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's a sobering realization that many interest groups agendas trend the nation toward division, civil strife and disunity. Often this is their conscious aim and they're well aware of it. The leaders of several countries have cast blame on America for exporting our civil strife to them; most recently France and Cuba have made that accusation. Both countries are being rocked by mass riots aka 'protests'

A communist regime that oppresses people is facing protest. OMG, what a travesty.

True. Much of the nonsense preached today is the antithesis to the teachings of Douglass and MLK.
What, to the American slave, is your 4th of July? … a day that reveals to him … the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him, your celebration is a sham … your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mockery … There is not a nation on the earth guilty of practices, more shocking and bloody, than are the people of these United States, at this very hour.”

“I have no patriotism,” he thundered in 1847. “I cannot have any love for this country … or for its Constitution. I desire to see it overthrown as speedily as possible.” Radical as to ends, he was also radical as to means. He justified the violence deployed when a group of abolitionists tried to liberate a fugitive slave from a Boston jail and killed a deputy U.S. marshal in the process. Similarly, he assisted and praised John Brown, the insurrectionist executed for murder and treason in Virginia in 1859.

Frederick Douglas sounds like a guy who didnt mind violence.

P.S. Lincoln went to war and killed people to achieve his goals.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Who's "they?" Black people?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
A communist regime that oppresses people is facing protest. OMG, what a travesty.

What, to the American slave, is your 4th of July? … a day that reveals to him … the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him, your celebration is a sham … your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mockery … There is not a nation on the earth guilty of practices, more shocking and bloody, than are the people of these United States, at this very hour.”

“I have no patriotism,” he thundered in 1847. “I cannot have any love for this country … or for its Constitution. I desire to see it overthrown as speedily as possible.” Radical as to ends, he was also radical as to means. He justified the violence deployed when a group of abolitionists tried to liberate a fugitive slave from a Boston jail and killed a deputy U.S. marshal in the process. Similarly, he assisted and praised John Brown, the insurrectionist executed for murder and treason in Virginia in 1859.

Frederick Douglas sounds like a guy who didnt mind violence.

P.S. Lincoln went to war and killed people to achieve his goals.
Indeed. Certain readers of history have criticized Lincoln for enlarging the scope of Executive power to eliminate slavery. Douglass indeed supported uprooting that cancer, probably because the practice was in direct contrast to the promises of rights granted in the Constitution. I am glad that practice was ended.

But that is not what is happening today. A narrative is being pushed in order to advance selfish political goals.

Im a libertarian, so I already said both parties do it/have done it.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That dispatcher probably needs to go to sensitivity training. She gave zero fucks beyond asserting her authority over the situation.
That’s what I was thinking. I’m more concerned about the dispatchers mental health then Richards! I felt bad for for the wife, not only is she having to deal with her crazy drunk husband but a psycho bitch dispatcher in a very troubling situation.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I can feel the anticipation of blaming liberals/commies/black people for racism in the USA in this post lol.
I think a lot of people from across the spectrum play a part in it.

I think the most important thing is to analyze facts before making a claim that someone/something is racist. It seems more and more people automatically jump to that conclusion, which is illogical.

The most prevalent issue I see in my profession is not the unjustified killing of unarmed black people (those make the news, but overall statistics re: total encounters and shootings broken down by race matter), but the fact that too many cops violate the shit out of people’s constitutional rights (ie 1st, 4th and 5th mostly) to make an arrest.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
CTE is a ticking time bomb.

Lucky for Sherman that they might have caught him before he did something really stupid. Thank God there were no weapons in the house. Now he might be able to get help he needs. I am certain he will reflect on this entire situation and look back with significant regret, possible confusion, and a strong desire to seek help.

Just unfortunate.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
definitely needs a medical and psychological evaluation and attend rehab, sounds to me like a guy who's bored in the offseason and has substance abuse problems. But can't rule out CTE.

good points.

I've had some ppl here who try to discount CTE. However, there are medical studies that say suicidal thoughts, difficulty controlling emotions (becoming aggressive & violent) are associated with CTE. To your point, we .....can't rule out CTE. (y)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Indeed. Certain readers of history have criticized Lincoln for enlarging the scope of Executive power to eliminate slavery. Douglass indeed supported uprooting that cancer, probably because the practice was in direct contrast to the promises of rights granted in the Constitution. I am glad that practice was ended.

But that is not what is happening today. A narrative is being pushed in order to advance selfish political goals.

Im a libertarian, so I already said both parties do it/have done it.

What narrative is that exactly?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
good points.

I've had some ppl here who try to discount CTE. However, there are medical studies that say suicidal thoughts, difficulty controlling emotions (becoming aggressive & violent) are associated with CTE. To your point, we .....can't rule out CTE. (y)

Dave Duerson, Junior Seau and countless others.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
What narrative is that exactly?
The narrative that-and I believe you alluded to this in one of your earlier posts-that a black man resisting arrest equals a death sentence in this country. Or that black people are being executed by racist homicidal cops constantly (I don’t think you said that, but it is pumped out night and day by others). That is patently untrue. Having myself gone out to homicide scenes and had to try to explain the unexplainable to family there, I can tell you it is very rare. We know it is because out of millions of contacts, we know the names of most people killed by cops.

First, gather data of all police shootings of unarmed suspects per year. Then, break it down by race. Then, look at the facts of each to see what actually happened. For example, pretty much everything that was said about the Michael Brown case was false according to the members of the grand jury, many of whom were black. Including, ironically, the whole “hands up” thing. Distinguish a case like that from the one where the guy was shot in the back running away. That cop should spend a long long time in prison. Then you get a real feel of whether you are looking at a case of cold execution

Then, gather that data, and compile it within the total number of police contacts every year to determine if it is as widespread as you claim.

Then look at the numbers of mostly black men (and some young kids for God’s sake) killed on a daily basis in Chicago, Baltimore, Philly, ATL, LA, St Louis. Not killed by cops. Most killed over nonsense.

All of it is tragic, regardless of who did the shooting. But you will find that one type of shooting is incredibly rare, and even rarer when done because of skin color. The other happens thousands of times per year.

I read your posts and respect your opinion. And there are bad cops out there, like every profession. But repeating that stuff about mass killings of black men by cops that you hear doesn’t make it so.

What I see on a day to day basis frequently are cops abusing the hell out of their authority and violating the rights of people just to make an arrest.

However, to the topic of Sherman, I hope he gets the help he needs and I’m thankful no one was hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.