2021 Cubs trade deadline thread

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Rizzo to BOS is likely, but I wouldn’t expect much value there. Who else needs a 1B? I guess Rizzo could DH, but his glove is too good for that.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Now there is speculation of Max and Kyle Schwarber to the Giants happening. This could end up being a mega deal if it goes down.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol @ the Yankees about to trade for schwarber. I said this past offseason schwarber made a ton of sense to go to the Yankees. And naturally @CSF77 mocked it and claimed the Yankees had no room in their OF because they had Clint Frazier, aaron hicks, and Brett Gardner LmAo

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Lol @ the Yankees about to trade for schwarber. I said this past offseason schwarber made a ton of sense to go to the Yankees. And naturally @CSF77 mocked it and claimed the Yankees had no room in their OF because they had Clint Frazier, aaron hicks, and Brett Gardner LmAo

They said kick8ng the tires. They have greater needs elsewhere. They are targeting Story. Dangling Voit.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But Max and Kyle to SFG might be a thing.

They can comish a Schawbermarine to chase his bay bombs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Just wondering with some of the trades already being made, will the Cubs take "whatever they can get" for their rental players or hold on and wait until after season? Could be wait if they don't get what they want in exchange. What they do need is pitching, contact (OBP/BA) and power hitters (who don't strike out 40% of their AB's). Epstein and Hoyer made this cupboard bare by their trades to get to 1 WS and win it; great, however, they failed to see that this team was "satisfied" with ONE, the players spent too much time relishing their WS win and the deep seated hunger to win was no longer there along with some talent and play deficiencies. Now they have a huge contingent of rentals ( 1yr and FA) who will be gone, should be gone or likely gone. They have a terrible defense, regulars who cannot get OB or hit when they need to, Look at these BA's, OBP's and you can see why this team is where it is. They have one good SP (Hendricks) and not much beyond him (just look at how many HR their pitchers have given up to Cincy in the first 2 games. Hoyer talks retool but Re-build is actually needed. If they trade 2 or 3 of their "stars" what will they get back for them? AA players, maybe a AAA player or two or some MLB player who is questionable and not similar in stature or ability.... Sorry for being negative but this team has many, many holes and too many guys they counted on who have failed to live up to expectations for 2-3 years in a row now. Rebuild the team, fans will keep coming no matter what so why not rebuild now.
Hold on and wait until after the season with free agents to be?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ok that is wrong.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Padres Close To Acquiring Max Scherzer​

July 29th, 2021 at 3:24pm CST • By Anthony Franco
3:24 pm: The teams have agreed on the players involved, pending medical reviews, according to Jim Bowden of the Athletic. Scherzer still needs to waive his no-trade rights, although recent reports suggested he’d be willing to do so to move to one of the NL West contenders.

3:12 pm: The Padres are nearing a deal to acquire Max Scherzer, reports Ken Rosenthal of the Athletic (Twitter link). Jon Morosi of MLB.com had reported the Friars’ efforts to land Scherzer were “intensifying” moments before Rosenthal. The deal is not yet complete, cautions Jon Heyman of MLB Network.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That is a sweep in move.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Dodgers traded for Duffy.

So looks like they are out on Max.

Looks like a 2 team race for Max now.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Wow... The Yankees.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don’t follow baseball anymore. Is that anything worthwhile?