2021 Cubs trade deadline thread

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's no place for that in today's game, though I wish there were. But if you are playing major league ball in this decade and not hitting HRs, you're screwed.

I think the OF they got yesterday is not likely to be a full time starter, but is a power guy. The CF they got today has some. We'll see.

I am all for OBP, but nobody's playing "small ball" and winning these days.
That makes zero sense. Out of the top 7 HR hitting teams in 2021....5 won't even make the playoffs. The White Sox are 25th....the Brewers 17th and they are pretty much locks for post season. It depends on team construction.

Besides...even if your theory was correct, it wouldn't make any difference. The Cubs are gonna be screwed for the next few years regardless.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That makes zero sense. Out of the top 7 HR hitting teams in 2021....5 won't even make the playoffs. The White Sox are 25th....the Brewers 17th and they are pretty much locks for post season. It depends on team construction.

Besides...even if your theory was correct, it wouldn't make any difference. The Cubs are gonna be screwed for the next few years regardless.
Little sense? Do you watch MLB?

They may be winning because of pitching but tell me what team is in the playoff hunt right now because they're stringing singles together. This is not 1985.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It's one thing to prefer building around pitching instead of hitting (if a team has to choose), but it's quite another to say they're doing it the right way by not having HR hitters.

Don't get me wrong, if the basic point is we need a change or a reset, I don't disagree. But I am just saying I don't think teams can get away from the three outcome type of game these days, whether we like it or not.

I would love much better OBP, but somebody better be hitting the long ball.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I dont think it's going to happen. But honestly, if anyone would return to the Cubs after this.. I think it would be Rizzo.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Little sense? Do you watch MLB?

They may be winning because of pitching but tell me what team is in the playoff hunt right now because they're stringing singles together. This is not 1985.
Do you? Look at your own team....they're trading off all their HR hitters. The Cubs are one of the top 7 in HRs and one of the teams on the outside looking in at the playoffs. HR's don't mean shit anymore....try looking at runs scored. Of the Top 10 teams in runs scored....7 are probably in the playoffs and the other 3 are in contention. How many times have you watched the Cubs strand runners because they are swinging from the heels? How many times have you watched them K on a huge swing when a single was the only thing they needed...sometimes just contact is all that was needed. I'm not denying it was a trend at one time....that time is over. Teams are learning that they no longer can survive with an all or nothing attack.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Cubs just have to move Bryant and Kimbrel then we are likely done. Don't see anyone giving much for Baez. Maybe someone will get desperate and offer a boatload for Hendricks

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m very encouraged by ownership for covering the entire bill on Rizzo to garner a better return.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didnt read any of this from 3 threads on cause I dont care to hear cucks.

Man, Im teary eyed. Sports bruhs. Rizzo, man, I knew it but lord that core gave us the best 6 years of our Cubs life. Im from New Orleans, Cubs were my team forever. Bad and good. Rizzo is a Cubs lifer and this video is awesome. Pay respect to him. He was the start. He was the start.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Schwarber to the Red Sox

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I’m very encouraged by ownership for covering the entire bill on Rizzo to garner a better return.
It would be so crazy not to on the rental players if it gets a better return. They were planning on these guys being on payroll all year at the start so who cares if we pay the rest of the year

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I didnt read any of this from 3 threads on cause I dont care to hear cucks.

Man, Im teary eyed. Sports bruhs. Rizzo, man, I knew it but lord that core gave us the best 6 years of our Cubs life. Im from New Orleans, Cubs were my team forever. Bad and good. Rizzo is a Cubs lifer and this video is awesome. Pay respect to him. He was the start. He was the start.

They can always bring him back in the offseason