Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
So it's over. No Baez, Rizzo or Bryant. No Lester, Schwarber or Fowler. No Epstein and no Maddon.

Cubs won a title. And all that is left is the tab for the friendly confines new digs.

Get ready for cheap Cubs tix. This team has just been bombed back into the dark ages.

I predict a decade plus of bottom dwelling in the division.

Always remember 2016.

Is anyone else thinking of jumping ship to the hot White Sox? Please don't anyone self harm.

Farewell Cubs

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Sad day indeed, but we all knew it was coming.

But I wouldn't regret this run for anything
regret is @msadows decision to order a 5th white claw at training camp.

The Cubs went from stank to dank and I'll always remember what Epstein did for the team.

I don't don't feel good about this though. It's like the band breaking up and all that's left is the Spin Doctors.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Been a diehard Sox fan since 10/26/2005 and i'll tell you what, don't want any miserable Cubs fans getting on the Sox bandwagon.

Ya know what tho? I never hated the Sox. Growing up, Ventura, Big Hurt, Carlton Fisk Guillen, etc all kicked ass. And I like both. Then one day society made me choose a side so I picked the uppity North. But god dammit, my heart is with the city and now I'm a sox fan. so Fuck all yall haterz and I can root root root for whatever fucking team I want to.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Wrong. Do Not Pass Go.

Tell me how I'm wrong. How does Joey Paul Blart help this team when Willson is already here? What does a 15 year old Domican lad have to do with the Cubs winning the series in the near future?
Gimme Rolle Fingers every day over these scrubs.
If you can't see that the Cubs just unloaded premier talent for a bunch of bad news bears, I can't help ya.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Made the right decision. Jed finally did what Theo should have done two years ago and they would have got real hauls.

I think you put too much stock into young Domican prospects

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ya know what tho? I never hated the Sox. Growing up, Ventura, Big Hurt, Carlton Fisk Guillen, etc all kicked ass. And I like both. Then one day society made me choose a side so I picked the uppity North. But god dammit, my heart is with the city and now I'm a sox fan. so Fuck all yall haterz and I can root root root for whatever fucking team I want to.

The 80's Sox had one of the coolest fucking logo's out there...ever

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So it's over. No Baez, Rizzo or Bryant. No Lester, Schwarber or Fowler. No Epstein and no Maddon.

Cubs won a title. And all that is left is the tab for the friendly confines new digs.

Get ready for cheap Cubs tix. This team has just been bombed back into the dark ages.

I predict a decade plus of bottom dwelling in the division.

Always remember 2016.

Is anyone else thinking of jumping ship to the hot White Sox? Please don't anyone self harm.

Farewell Cubs
The thread title and this post are completely opposite each other.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Made the right decision. Jed finally did what Theo should have done two years ago and they would have got real hauls.

Right decision? Sure probably by Jed. Do I think the Ricketts wanted to do all of this because the core wasn't good? Nope. I think the $$$$ Was way more of a factor which annoys me.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
huh? they did great. Jed was the right man for the job!

Right decision? Sure probably by Jed. Do I think the Ricketts wanted to do all of this because the core wasn't good? Nope. I think the $$$$ Was way more of a factor which annoys me.

yup. This is money driven. Jed was told he didn't have a billion to give these guys.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I don't get this sentiment. The cubs spent over $200 million for 3 straight years and have nothing to show for it. Throwing money at this problem wasn't going to fix it. This tear down needed to happen.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't get this sentiment. The cubs spent over $200 million for 3 straight years and have nothing to show for it. Throwing money at this problem wasn't going to fix it. This tear down needed to happen.

Again. I get it from a baseball perspective. I also don't think the Ricketts are good people and I'm tired of the "broke" schtick.

You can understand it from a baseball perspective and still think the Ricketts don't have the best interests. Both can be true.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yup. This is money driven. Jed was told he didn't have a billion to give these guys.

Have enough for political donations. And remember, weed kills your kids.

:troll: