1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here’s what I’ve read:

Lawrence seems to be progressing well.

Jaguars 2021 Training Camp: Lawrence finishes “a good week…”

Wilson just showed up and had a rough first day. Much better day 2...

Jets’ Zach Wilson wows fans in 2nd training camp practice, as he bounces back from rough Day 1 | Observations, takeaways

Lance is giving Jimmy G. some real competition. From the Athletic (below):

”Easily the biggest story of training camp so far is Trey Lance and the leap the rookie quarterback made from the end of OTAs to the beginning of training camp.
At the very least, Lance, who was only 20 years old on draft day and who had just 17 college starts in the Missouri Valley Conference, is dashing any notion that he’ll be a lost fawn in the forest during his initial NFL season.

In fact, the rookie has acted more like a wolf.

He’s attacked the defense deep. He’s gunned the ball over the middle on crossing routes, the meat-and-potatoes throw of the 49ers offense. And Saturday, he took off on his first runs of training camp, looking entirely natural and effective on scrambles and in running the read-option.

In short, Lance has been aggressive, which has to please head coach and play caller Kyle Shanahan, who — you may have read about this once or twice — prefers an always-attacking mentality.

What’s more, Lance’s capabilities have been in contrast to Jimmy Garoppolo’s.

The latter isn’t a dangerous runner and doesn’t attack with the deep ball. During Saturday’s practice, Deebo Samuel broke free from cornerback Jason Verrett. Garoppolo saw it but double-clutched his throw. When he finally let it go, Samuel had built too much distance. You sensed it as the ball was released, and Garoppolo probably knew it, too. Sure enough, the pass easily was 10 yards short and Verrett merely needed to turn around to get the easiest interception of training camp so far.

Garoppolo, who had been picked off by Fred Warner earlier in practice, seemed to hesitate on his next several throws. When another receiver broke free deep, he thought about a second deep attempt but decided against it, choosing to go through his reads and find a shorter target instead.

Is Garoppolo’s starting job in danger?

There have only been four practices, and Shanahan likely will be stingy in his praise of Lance. He’ll want to keep the pressure on the rookie.

Still, the notion that Lance could overtake Garoppolo early in the season, which seemed so farfetched on draft day and after OTAs, appears far more realistic today.”

Fields... Information all over CCS...

Jones is battling with Cam Newton. Newton is done by the way.

Per reports, Jones had his best day of camp yesterday.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Kellen Mond has Covid and Davis Mills apparently sucks.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Here’s what I’ve read:

Lawrence seems to be progressing well.

Jaguars 2021 Training Camp: Lawrence finishes “a good week…”

Wilson just showed up and had a rough first day. Much better day 2...

Jets’ Zach Wilson wows fans in 2nd training camp practice, as he bounces back from rough Day 1 | Observations, takeaways

Lance is giving Jimmy G. some real competition. From the Athletic (below):

”Easily the biggest story of training camp so far is Trey Lance and the leap the rookie quarterback made from the end of OTAs to the beginning of training camp.
At the very least, Lance, who was only 20 years old on draft day and who had just 17 college starts in the Missouri Valley Conference, is dashing any notion that he’ll be a lost fawn in the forest during his initial NFL season.

In fact, the rookie has acted more like a wolf.

He’s attacked the defense deep. He’s gunned the ball over the middle on crossing routes, the meat-and-potatoes throw of the 49ers offense. And Saturday, he took off on his first runs of training camp, looking entirely natural and effective on scrambles and in running the read-option.

In short, Lance has been aggressive, which has to please head coach and play caller Kyle Shanahan, who — you may have read about this once or twice — prefers an always-attacking mentality.

What’s more, Lance’s capabilities have been in contrast to Jimmy Garoppolo’s.

The latter isn’t a dangerous runner and doesn’t attack with the deep ball. During Saturday’s practice, Deebo Samuel broke free from cornerback Jason Verrett. Garoppolo saw it but double-clutched his throw. When he finally let it go, Samuel had built too much distance. You sensed it as the ball was released, and Garoppolo probably knew it, too. Sure enough, the pass easily was 10 yards short and Verrett merely needed to turn around to get the easiest interception of training camp so far.

Garoppolo, who had been picked off by Fred Warner earlier in practice, seemed to hesitate on his next several throws. When another receiver broke free deep, he thought about a second deep attempt but decided against it, choosing to go through his reads and find a shorter target instead.

Is Garoppolo’s starting job in danger?

There have only been four practices, and Shanahan likely will be stingy in his praise of Lance. He’ll want to keep the pressure on the rookie.

Still, the notion that Lance could overtake Garoppolo early in the season, which seemed so farfetched on draft day and after OTAs, appears far more realistic today.”

Fields... Information all over CCS...

Jones is battling with Cam Newton. Newton is done by the way.

Per reports, Jones had his best day of camp yesterday.
Thanks for the info. I’m legitimately curious to see how all of these guys progress.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Thanks for the info. I’m legitimately curious to see how all of these guys progress.
I am too.

I was high on Wilson because his creativity, off platform throws, arm strength and accuracy were reminiscent of Mahomes at Texas Tech.

Fields blew me away with his performance against Clemson.

Jones while accurate isn’t my guy and I would have been livid if he was the pick at 11. I could have lived with it at 20.

Lawrence will be interesting. He was anointed in high school and did win a title at Clemson. He came up small his last two years in the playoffs.

Please raise your hand if you saw ten seconds of Lance’s college career.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Doesn't seem like they plan to use him this season in any more than a Taysom Hill behind Drew Brees type role.

Lawrence, Wilson and maybe Jones will be starting from day 1. Fileds has a small chance of starting from day 1 but probably a starter in the first half of the season. It just feels like they don't plan on starting Lance this year unless they have to.
Cam is still the starter for the Pats per yesterday.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Which isn't much to "watch" when it comes to this QB class. All you'd be watching is Dalton, Garoppolo and/or Newton to see how bad they are.
It’s almost preseason. All of them should get snaps. There will be something to talk about.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Lawrence had a couple picks today in camp and Garafollo said "it wasn't his best day." I didn't know Jacksonville even had a secondary

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Cam is still the starter for the Pats per yesterday.
Hence the word "maybe" there. Newton is done. I personally would be surprised if Mac isn't starting for them in game 1.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Hence the word "maybe" there. Newton is done. I personally would be surprised if Mac isn't starting for them in game 1.

IDK......Cam's pretty competitive.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Looks like all the first round QBs are doing well. Will be interesting to see how they play in preseason games.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow. Glowing reports out of SF. I actually thought Lance looked great in college. Would I have drafted him over Fields given his limited resume? Hell no. It’s going to take a lot longer to get over taking a chance on a smaller program one year “wonder”. #ThanksTrubisky.