Hoge: 10 Reasons Justin Fields Is Ready Right Now

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Okay guys, first of all, let me just say that play was incredible. Here's what's troubling me. My eyes told me that the offense moved the ball better with Nick Foles under center. Was that due to the caliber of competition, or was that due to Nick's having had more time to learn the offense and his "processing speed" is faster when the other team is blitzing? Justin has to read where to throw the ball when they blitzed, Foles just seemed to know where to throw the ball when they blitzed.

I have no doubt that Fields will reach that same level of knowledge, but is he there yet? I don't know.

You cant really go off of Foles because weve seen what he can do in this sort of offense with time to throw and also he has has played in the original version ,Pedersons version, Defillpos version ,and Nagys version in fact I would say I would be more comfortable with Foles calling plays than I am with Nagy calling plays .

Nagy has bungled this whole thing because as I argued back after the draft .The fastest path forward for Fields was with the #1 offense vs the #1 defense as there is no better test he could face than Mack ,Roquan, Hicks ,and Bojack every day .

The issue is that the #1 offense hast actually done anything together and so its yet another offseason and camp wasted so Im not even sure Fields could've been properly prepared for week one without the #1 offense playing together in any preseason games .

Fields may be better off waiting for a coach that is something other than a motivational speaker at this point because we really fully gauge his readiness the way the Nagy has set this up which I think is intentional.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
3 cherry picked examples doesn't establish anything except a biased small sample size. There are dozens of examples of...

Qbs who sat and sucked
Qbs who sat and were great (your examples)
Qbs who started right away and sucked
Qbs who started right away and were great
Qbs who sat briefly and were great

And so on.
Sorry maybe I should have used Green font.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
I consider those who actually have done it to know what they are talking about a lot more than a talking head. Brees gave his comments during a game telecast. Not exactly time to break it down in that situation. Be realistic. You prefer the guy who backs up your opinion.

To me, it t dry isn’t matter. I want Fields to play when he’s ready. If that was day 1, great. If it’s later, perfectly fine. I’m looking to see a great QB for a decade or more in Chicago. A few games doesn’t really matter.
Another counterpoint is Belicheck, Shanahan, and Saleh seem to think their rookies are ready to learn on the fly. Fields is more experienced than all of them and has looked as good or better than the other rookies in preseason.

Nagy predetermined Fields wouldn't start for whatever his reasons are and the others, 2 of which have had more success in the league, kept their minds open and will build an offense around what the rookies can and can't do.

Whether Nagy is right or wrong about Fields starting, we will never know, but what we do know is being completely close minded to the option is not what more successful coaches are doing right now.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You cant really go off of Foles because weve seen what he can do in this sort of offense with time to throw and also he has has played in the original version ,Pedersons version, Defillpos version ,and Nagys version in fact I would say I would be more comfortable with Foles calling plays than I am with Nagy calling plays .

Nagy has bungled this whole thing because as I argued back after the draft .The fastest path forward for Fields was with the #1 offense vs the #1 defense as there is no better test he could face than Mack ,Roquan, Hicks ,and Bojack every day .

The issue is that the #1 offense hast actually done anything together and so its yet another offseason and camp wasted so Im not even sure Fields could've been properly prepared for week one without the #1 offense playing together in any preseason games .

Fields may be better off waiting for a coach that is something other than a motivational speaker at this point because we really fully gauge his readiness the way the Nagy has set this up which I think is intentional.
I don't disagree with anything you said except for that last line. I don't think Nagy was nefarious or intentionally kept Fields out for spite or any other reason. I honestly think he's shooting straight when he says he wants the best for Fields. He knows that Fields possesses every quality necessary to eventually become a Hall of Famer, and that too will be part of Nagy's legacy, whether it's "one and done" with the Bears or whether he's here for years henceforth.