O/T: Mannings on MNF

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't watch the game last night (I haven't even checked who won), but I saw a snippet of their broadcast on Youtube and I thought it was entertaining. It was particularly enlightening hear how Peyton Manning would trick the coaches and call his own play at the line of scrimmage. Have a listen starting at around the 7:49 mark.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You missed a great OT game!
Yeah I see that now! Been fighting a bug and honestly I went to sleep at 8:30pm last night (and had I been able to go to sleep at 6:30, I would have).

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've been seeing a lot of people write positive things about the Mannings on MNF.... But I thought it was pretty awful.

Eli would go what seemed like minutes without saying a word, especially when Kelce and Wilson joined. Those guys and Manning took over and Eli just sat there.

Seemed like a few times, they went into commercial mid conversation.

Peyton was firing off random questions in an attempt to fill the dead air. There seemed to be a lack of flow.. Just random.

Because the sound of the game was much lower than the Mannings/guests speaking, and because they were on the screen the entire time, I repeatedly caught myself watching them more than the game, which was annoying.

I get what they're trying to do, but I feel like it was poorly executed. Maybe they'll get better as they go, but yeah, I thought it sucked. Unless this was a one time thing?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
All it does it take your attention away from the game. Not sure why this is a thing.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
It was horrible. Almost ripped my dick off until my buddy figured out we could switch to ABC thank God