I didn't want to admit this, but Kahlil Mack is pretty ordinary at this point.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know, newsflash, right? I was holding out hope that he was hurt last year and he would come back being at least the guy from 2019, if not 2018. The truth of the matter is, he might even be below average for a starting outside linebacker. I'm actually looking forward to Trevis Gipson taking over snaps in relief.

Again, I know this is obvious to many and I'm slow on the uptake, but the Bears need a youth movement on defense in a big way. A lot of guys are playing on their 2018 reputations.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I agree. Pretty disappointing to have this much cap space tied up in an average player…

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe the Raiders fans were right and he just takes plays off. He’s been doing it so long at this point he’s just comfortable going though the motions. Maybe that will change it once Justin becomes a starter and can energize the team.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
The truth of the matter is, he might even be below average for a starting outside linebacker.
Jesus Christ guys he had 9 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries and an INT last season and he just turned 30.

He may not be the player he was in 2018 but the reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
All we need to know about Mack is this:

We traded for a guy who could routinely beat and dominate double teams, and sometimes even triple teams.

We now have a guy who once in a while beats the one guy in front of him…

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
He looked pedestrarian against LAR - theres still games left to play though lets see if he plays himself back into form.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
It ain’t just Mack. Our top 5 salary hits are as follows

Mack 14 million
Quin 14 million
Hicks 12 million
Goldman 8
Eddie Jackson 5 million

none of them are performing at all.
Hard to argue at this point in the season.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
His days of breaking a game at will seem done. Still think he can be effective/eat QBs when the personnel (mainly EG) is right. When Quinn/Blackson/Nichols get the 1 on 1 that Hicks/Mack don't--they can't get the job done.

However, also have to question motive at times, because he does occasionally get the 1 on 1 we want to see him wreck/Wirf/ragdoll the Loins LT a couple years ago, and his effort is lacking, to be kind.

Really hope this doesn't lead to Marty Bennett/Brandon Marshall levels of lethargy (without the mouth), where the only thing he cares is 'did the check come through?'

Its okay though, when the bears get that inevitable top 10-12 pick, edge rusher, DB, and OL are great things to consid----oh wait.

Rise

Liked Posts:
A real GM would have taken advantage of the Raiders needing to make a splash this past offseason and traded him back. Then packaged those picks for Fields and still had our soon to be top 5 1st round pick in the 2022 draft.

but no we have fuck face pace…

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
He lost out on a bunch of sacks and turnovers last year because the rest of the jokers on our team were constantly getting flagged and negating impact plays.

I was happy to see improvement there, but the D as a whole looked lost.

Mack will be fine. Donald didn't do much that have either it's only week one Jesus

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He lost out on a bunch of sacks and turnovers last year because the rest of the jokers on our team were constantly getting flagged and negating impact plays.

I was happy to see improvement there, but the D as a whole looked lost.

Mack will be fine. Donald didn't do much that have either it's only week one Jesus
You people only look at stats and think they didn't do anything. Donald on most snaps was beating the holy hell out of all of our offensive linemen. There were a few plays where if Donald shoots the other gap, he has a chance to make a play. Nagy's offense was built around the idea that Donald can't get no sacks and the work around the Bend but don't break defense. We will make a play when we need to. Rams did and they won because of it.