Is Justin Fields Really That Raw?

jive

Liked Posts:
By the way the coaching staff is treating Justin Fields, you would think that he was a raw prospect like Lamar Jackson coming out of college. But, he's really not as he has played in pro style offenses and could pass from the pocket. Just because he's athletic like Jackson doesn't mean that's the only skill set he has. He's not Trubisky who only had one year of experience as a starter. Mahommes was considered raw due to the offense and program he came from, but Ohio State is a NFL factory.

I don't get it. I feel like there is some kind of bias or douchebag politics going on here.

Justin Fields has played in front of crowds bigger than Soldier Field can hold.
He played for a program that is more scrutinized than the 2 pro football teams in that state.
He played in a pro style offense
He played and practiced with players who are in the NFL now.
He played well against players that are in the NFL now.
He has pro skills and and athleticism.
He has shown he can throw from the pocket
He has shown he can thrown downfield with accuracy
He has shown football intelligence
He has shown the ability to overcome adversity

The kid isn't raw at all, but Nagy is treating him like he's some raw athlete that's only capable of gimmick plays. And even if he were, let him play his game. Murray and Jackson give defenses nightmares with their athleticism because they can make big plays with their feet so they have to commit defenders to him. No one alters their game plan because of Dalton, but they would for Fields.

Just start the kid.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
The Bears have by far the worst GM and coach in the sport. I’m glad the National media is starting to recognize the circus that we’ve endured the last 5 years. The whole point is to let him get experience now and the rough patches out of the way, so that in a year or 2 the entire organization can take that next leap. Lol. But they are more interested in Dalton’s feelings and his chode

It’s amazing that Nagy thinks there’s literally anything about the game of football that he knows that Fields doesn’t already know, and that he’s somehow “not ready”. Fields would already be a better head coach than Nagy. Nagy is milking this whole “I know best because I worked with Mahomes” thing. Well guess what Bub, they couldn’t wait to get you out of the building after that disaster playoff game.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
No.
I don't get it. I feel like there is some kind of bias or douchebag politics going on here.

No one gets it. The entire narrative and situation is absurd.

But what else do people expect when the show is being run by literal clowns... of course it's a fucking circus.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
No Fields is not a raw prospect. In fact Dalton has struggled a hell of a lot more, be it preseason or last Sunday.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Bunch of wasted analysis

It's Andy's year!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No. He has a lot to learn, and the best way to do that is on the field in a live game.

Matt Nagy is just an idiot, and everyone knows it except for the people that make the decisions(which means that they're idiots, too!.

jive

Liked Posts:
I'm really curious what kind of promise was made to Foles to allow him to dislike a trade to Philly.
I'm really curious what kind of promise was made to Dalton to let him start.
When Nagy accepted the job as HC of the Bears, he made a promise to improve this team and win games.

So what would happen if Dalton rides the pine, does Nagy not get invited to his birthday party?
If Foles gets traded to a team that he doesn't approve of, will Nagy stop getting Christmas cards from Nick?
Seriously, what is the worst that will happen to him if he doesn't kiss the ass of 2 guys that haven't done jack for this team?

You want a team to play with heart and urgency? Start your best players, period. Nobody cares about your "loyalty" when you are losing.

Liked Posts:
I'm really curious what kind of promise was made to Foles to allow him to dislike a trade to Philly.
I'm really curious what kind of promise was made to Dalton to let him start.
When Nagy accepted the job as HC of the Bears, he made a promise to improve this team and win games.

So what would happen if Dalton rides the pine, does Nagy not get invited to his birthday party?
If Foles gets traded to a team that he doesn't approve of, will Nagy stop getting Christmas cards from Nick?
Seriously, what is the worst that will happen to him if he doesn't kiss the ass of 2 guys that haven't done jack for this team?

You want a team to play with heart and urgency? Start your best players, period. Nobody cares about your "loyalty" when you are losing.
Bruh these topics have been beaten to death.

It's a waiting game right now with Fields, a matter of when not if. Nagy is going to Nagy. At least he played Fields a bit first game...that was more than I expected him to do.

Regarding Foles, again, topic beaten to death. Philly (nor any other team) didn't want a guy that didn't wanna play there. Bears would've traded him a long time ago if they could have.

greg23

Liked Posts:
This isn't a defense of fools because he sucked last year but......

Hes not a bad option and not overly paid NEXT YEAR....to be Fields backup.

Gotta assume if they can't trade him they convince him to get "injured" so they can place him in IR this year for as long as needed (min 3 weeks) to free up a spot on the 53 for corner/OL

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
There's no reason he's not playing other than pure incompetence.