Liked Posts:
Nagy gonna be having the rocket throwing picks all over the field this week

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy went for it in 4th and 15 and the offense still didn't have a single pass attempt 15 yards or more. The play didn't even have a route that went 15 yards. Be you!
My friend and I were watching the game, and he was asking me why I wanted Nagy fired so badly, because they had actually been moving the ball. And right when I was about to answer, this 4th and 15 happened. And I said, "We haven't thrown a 15 yard pass all day long, and he's going to go for it on 4th and 15. Watch, Dalton is going to throw an 11 yard pass."

And then he did, and my friend was like, "The Bears should fire Matt Nagy." ?

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
My friend and I were watching the game, and he was asking me why I wanted Nagy fired so badly, because they had actually been moving the ball. And right when I was about to answer, this 4th and 15 happened. And I said, "We haven't thrown a 15 yard pass all day long, and he's going to go for it on 4th and 15. Watch, Dalton is going to throw an 11 yard pass."

And then he did, and my friend was like, "The Bears should fire Matt Nagy." ?
The way the guy thinks is mind boggling. You game plan the entire game to throw in less than 2 seconds, so routes are under 10 yards, then you go for it on 4th and 15 and then have the balls to tell people after the game you felt good about the play call??!! What is wrong with this organization??

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
that wasn't my question though. my question was who is the better QB? All I know watching Nagy for four years is he has no fking clue what talent is. I can't believe he can say with a straight face Dalton is the better QB.
Justin Fields........Elite quarterback prospect.

Andy Dalton.....Journeyman quarterback, three teams in three years.

Matt Nagy........Dalton is the Bears QB1.

Bears fans and the football world......Matt Nagy is a moron.

Answer to your question............Justin Fields, and it ain't close.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
But no its because the Oline is so bad our beloved ginger qb just wasnt given the time to throw it 15 yards.
I guarantee you the line wasn’t “so bad” that they couldn’t attempt a single pass over 15 yards. There were a few drop backs that the QBs had plenty of time to work with.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
And it would have worked... if their QB wasn't a bag of ass.
But how can you say it would work when almost every route design and run was within those 15 yards, Windy?

Nagy has effectively designed a short-sighted passing attack.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
I guarantee you the line wasn’t “so bad” that they couldn’t attempt a single pass over 15 yards. There were a few drop backs that the QBs had plenty of time to work with.
That may have been the case, but Nagy had his WRs all running short routes, even long developing short routes, at that!

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
That may have been the case, but Nagy had his WRs all running short routes, even long developing short routes, at that!
Which further points out Nagys flaws. He created a game plan that would work in a pewee football game, not an NFL game.

KoaTheBearFan

Liked Posts:
Nagy’s game plan was short passes and the WR runs really fast about 70 yards to the end zone. That’s why they have speedy wide receivers. Brilliant!

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Mitch is still bad. Sorry.
never said he wasnt, but is Mitch bad because he was destined to just never be a good QB, or was he bad because the Nagy system is a cluster fuck and he is a fraud that cant develop a QB?

So far we have 4 different QBs and there doesnt seem to be any difference in the on field performance.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm just curious to see if people give Nagy credit if the offense looks good with Fields.

Well will it look good because Fields wings it when protection/ plays break down or because he optimized the play design?