Sam Mustipher played terrible at center

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
So glad we didn’t address center in the off season so we could keep Hicks on the roster.

He sure did a lot to help that defense Sunday night.
Do you honestly think addressing the C position in the offseason and letting Hicks go would have made a difference week 1? Would that move have allowed the Bears offense to score 30+ points? The answer is no

Bust

Liked Posts:
did he become too fat quickly?

Mustipher was touting all the McDonalds and fast food he chowed down in the offseason to put on bulk.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
Yeah, probably best to ignore the good work he did most of last season and base your entire opinion of him on the first game of this season- against Donald and the Rams #1 ranked defense.

Never change, meatball.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, probably best to ignore the good work he did most of last season and base your entire opinion of him on the first game of this season- against Donald and the Rams #1 ranked defense.

Never change, meatball.
Nobody is doing that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have faith in the other one from Yale or Daniels to be the next Kreutz.

Daniels is the perfect counter to smaller 3-Techs but gets abused more by behemoths.

We should consider thinking about how to best deploy the lot of them in their favorable scenarios.

Like...the guy who stumps Donald is not the same guy who bests Wilfork.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Always rooting for ND players but he made some really bad plays like falling face first and kicking Whitehairs leg out on Montys touchdown.

This guy disagreed in his looooong tape break down. Thought Sam played well.

His review showed Whithair getting eaten up by Donald, play after play after play... per his "review".

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I didn't watch yet, but this is another thing I brought up in the off-season.

A lot of posters think Mustipher is good, but there was a PFF article that had him ranked at the bottom of all starting centers...like 30 outta 32...something like that.

It seems like our fan base thinks as long as the center isn't getting bull rushed and dumped in the QBs lap - which happened to Mitch a few times - we think they're good.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

A lot of posters think Mustipher is good, but there was a PFF article that had him ranked at the bottom of all starting centers...like 30 outta 32...something like that.

It seems like our fan base thinks as long as the center isn't getting bull rushed and dumped in the QBs lap - which happened to Mitch a few times - we think they're good.

what he was good at was making the correct line calls. He was never a good physical specimen and doubtful he'll ever be. Much more pressing needs

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Another lie.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's pretty unbelievable to me just how football stupid you are.

He'd be better off bitching and moaning about Graham. Fuller has played with some bad defensive lines before and he didn't look good. Vildor was fine out there but nickel back, which Fuller doesnt play, was a disaster. NB requires that you dont give 5+yd cushions that Fuller loves to do.