Charles Leno just got Fitzmagic Injured..

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
yep at his age too? He finished in the NFL. Least he made some good dollars along the way prior to his<forced> retirement courtesy of Leno.
Can you imagine if Leno would have done that to Fields, I would fear for Leno's life.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bullshit.

Some of you were saying that not cutting him and his bloated salary was what was the right call. It was not the permanent solution in your eyes, but the solution over having to replace his spot with someone.

Well, ask the WFT team and fans how that went as even a cheaper temporary solution for what they had before. Notice that Washington did exactly what we did. They got rid of their expensive starter and replaced him with a cheaper option.

The difference is that they downgraded with Leno. We improved with anybody who replaces Leno, be it a 39 year old shadow of his former self, a pre-injured draft pick, a Nagy-playcall injured promising draft pick or a no-name just signed to the PS player. They are all better because, though they might suck as much as Leno, they are at least cheaper options.
You rage posting about this doesn't make it the truth.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You rage posting about this doesn't make it the truth.
Trying to say that I am rage posting because I said "bullshit" doesn't make it the truth either.

You know that there were people complaining about cutting Leno when Jenkins turned up "tight".

Truth.

So if there were people complaining about cutting Leno when Jenkins turned up lame, there were people wanting Leno still on the team.

There is no way to say that this fact did not happen.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that how Fields starts?

Foles goes to Washington, Leno comes back, after one play Dalton is on season-ending IR, Leno is cut and Nagy has to start Fields because Cohen is not back to be the emergency QB?
Boom BAM be a man. I can see it.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Trying to say that I am rage posting because I said "bullshit" doesn't make it the truth either.

You know that there were people complaining about cutting Leno when Jenkins turned up "tight".

Truth.

So if there were people complaining about cutting Leno when Jenkins turned up lame, there were people wanting Leno still on the team.

There is no way to say that this fact did not happen.
You made 8 consecutive posts in 30 minutes with no one engaging you. While i love seeing the beautiful woman with the honey covered jugs, that is rage posting.

Again, all im saying is that no one talked about Leno being a solution. The biggest defense from me that you can go back and find is me saying having him is the same thing as having some inexperienced late round rookie. Everyone thinks its addition by subtraction but some of these other Bear options all lead to roughly the same thing. Sorry but i'd honestly feel better about a bad Leno who can at least stay on the field than a 39 year old fat and injury prone Jason Peters and a unproven rookie who no one wanted until the 5th round. With every injury your position gets worse. At the very least with Leno, you don't have to worry about that.

Yeah, Leno gave up a sack and a QB got injured. These things happen. Tom Brady got a torn ACL playing behind the best OL in the league that had like 3 all pros. One unfortunate timed hit and done.

There is a major difference between calling a player a solution and not liking that the Bears had no acceptable backup plan for Jenkins. Im not sure how people cant comprehend this.

That's all im going to say on this. I'm not getting into a fucking Charles Leno debate for the 10th time in a month.

mecha

Liked Posts:
You made 8 consecutive posts in 30 minutes with no one engaging you. While i love seeing the beautiful woman with the honey covered jugs, that is rage posting.

Again, all im saying is that no one talked about Leno being a solution. The biggest defense from me that you can go back and find is me saying having him is the same thing as having some inexperienced late round rookie. Everyone thinks its addition by subtraction but some of these other Bear options all lead to roughly the same thing. Sorry but i'd honestly feel better about a bad Leno who can at least stay on the field than a 39 year old fat and injury prone Jason Peters and a unproven rookie who no one wanted until the 5th round. With every injury your position gets worse. At the very least with Leno, you don't have to worry about that.

Yeah, Leno gave up a sack and a QB got injured. These things happen. Tom Brady got a torn ACL playing behind the best OL in the league that had like 3 all pros. One unfortunate timed hit and done.

There is a major difference between calling a player a solution and not liking that the Bears had no acceptable backup plan for Jenkins. Im not sure how people cant comprehend this.

That's all im going to say on this. I'm not getting into a fucking Charles Leno debate for the 10th time in a month.
you know those hipster memes that are all like "read that again"?

read this part again. football is all schemed, but it's not like it's pre-determined. there's a lot of random shit that happens. it's called physics.

also Leno's gone. he's not coming back. we don't need 32 pages of debate about a fucking fluke injury. if Leno had a history for getting quarterbacks killed I would buy the argument.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
you know those hipster memes that are all like "read that again"?

read this part again. football is all schemed, but it's not like it's pre-determined. there's a lot of random shit that happens. it's called physics.

also Leno's gone. he's not coming back. we don't need 32 pages of debate about a fucking fluke injury. if Leno had a history for getting quarterbacks killed I would buy the argument.
Spot on. That's what I love about football tbh. There's so many moving parts. Everyone thought Dalton was going to die on Sunday and the offensive game plan to get the ball out quick made it to where he didn't. That was with their 4th LT.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could somebody PLEASE retweet that OP clip to that media guy Robert Schmitz who did a whole vid & some articles about how Leno was average-good LT in the league? He cited some cherry-picked stats/clips to try backing it up that the Leno hate was unjustified.

2021-09-17_17h34_38.png

Most of us tore him a new one, but there were certainly others who defended Leno, at least saying his value was worth him staying & starting.
Robert Schmitz: Charles Leno is a case study in the value of an average NFL Left Tackle

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not just about how many times he wins or loses. He has a tendency to lose big when he whiffs. He also quit on plays early last year with his dive blocks.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Sorry, sad little man.

Look at my postings. I always post in groups and then leave.

But nice try.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I kind of had a feeling he'd rebound this season... but that is like say he was really bad last year, he just had a horrific 2019 season.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
He may or may not be playing slightly better than Peters but id still rather have Peters at $1.5M than Leno at $9M or whatever he was scheduled to make with the Bears.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I kind of had a feeling he'd rebound this season... but that is like say he was really bad last year, he just had a horrific 2019 season.
Just cause Leno might be having a good season elsewhere doesn't mean he would have here. Getting released would be a wake-up call for anyone.

And still, he did get Fitzpatrick injured pretty badly.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
True but he and Massie are both starting for teams with far better records than the Bears.

I've never heard anyone use wins as an offensive tackle stat before.

You learn something new every day on CCS.