Draft Day

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's pick 11, where the last remaining savior QB remains on the board...your feelings are already hurt by the rejection at #9 where the offer was as much a slap as anything.

Your sphincter clenches from the counter offer you are hearing, you think about your doomed job, and resign to failure, mostly watching the fly now buzz and land on the bald man irritatingly still drawing diagrams of plays on the wall for QBs that aren't even yours and never will be....

You repeat your last and best offer, sweating through your spider man undies at this point...when the man muffled through the garbled plastic bangs and scrapes says "well if you tank we accept "

Your eyes dart to Nagy, Nagy's dart to you...and ditto "Wha?" you both whisper.

This time, clearly, the man says "well, your offer, it isn't enough. It's a no. Unless you promise to tank, then yes."

What do you do?

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cut your CB1. Cut your LT. Assure Dalton he is starting until his arm falls off and shrivels under the locker room shadow cast by QB3.

You tell Goldman to take it easy, ease back.
You tell Hicks if he plays angry for 4 games you can get him the hell out of here.

Mack's going on TB40...but not until next year. And let's start some rookies on the o-line.

Boom BAM. Be A Man.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It's pick 11, where the last remaining savior QB remains on the board...your feelings are already hurt by the rejection at #9 where the offer was as much a slap as anything.

Your sphincter clenches from the counter offer you are hearing, you think about your doomed job, and resign to failure, mostly watching the fly now buzz and land on the bald man irritatingly still drawing diagrams of plays on the wall for QBs that aren't even yours and never will be....

You repeat your last and best offer, sweating through your spider man undies at this point...when the man muffled through the garbled plastic bangs and scrapes says "well if you tank we accept "

This time, clearly, the man says "well, your offer, it isn't enough. It's a no. Unless you promise to tank, then yes."

What do you do?
Tank for Fields or trade up to #14 for M.Jones and let Nagy ruin him.....Hmmmmmm.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

What do you do?
No need to even ask that. They are naturals at tanking. The defense was the only thing that kept them close to 500. Now with is seemingly gone, it is going to be a freefall.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's now September 17th and the Raiders still want #52. What was once a 1st round draft pick has deflated for a 2nd. Do you make the trade?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It's now September 17th and the Raiders still want #52. What was once a 1st round draft pick has deflated for a 2nd. Do you make the trade?
Can we throw Foles into the deal? They just lost Mariota.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we throw Foles into the deal? They just lost Mariota.
I'd prefer to not go lower than a 2nd rounder. Anything with Foles would probably involve us giving more than we receive, lol.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Cut your CB1. Cut your LT. Assure Dalton he is starting until his arm falls off and shrivels under the locker room shadow cast by QB3.

You tell Hicks if he plays angry for 4 games you can get him the hell out of here.

Mack's going on TB40...but not until next year. And let's start some rookies on the o-line.

Boom BAM. Be A Man.

omfg when does the puck drop??? Blackhawks puck drop can't come any sooner!

Rise

Liked Posts:
This is more believable and rational than making the moves Pace made with the thought of winning.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I laugh at all the meatballs while I take kyle trask then get to live off the millions I made ruining your team.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'd prefer to not go lower than a 2nd rounder. Anything with Foles would probably involve us giving more than we receive, lol.
Agreed. I would trade Mack for a 2nd. Not sure of the cap ramifications/dead money but bears need the draft capital

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
friday-smoke.gif

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I love how secretive Pace was about drafting his first QB. Wouldn’t even tell his own dead mother…. Then for Fields, he fucking calls everyone on the planet, everyone knows what he’s doing…

Collaboration is just another word for desperation.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’d trade Mack for a 2022 2nd and a 2023 4th. Or 2023 1st and 5th.

Or Mack and Foles for 2022 2nd and a 2023 6th. Or a 2023 1st.

Those would be my offers.

Imo it’s time to reset the roster, dump big contacts and collect draft capital with an eye towards 2023. Use 2022 to build up the OL and try to find some weapons for JF1. In 2023 they’d the have picks and money to make some big moves.

Reactions: DC

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I fire myself and Nagy for a ransom payout and the offer help to find a decent GM because I'm a beta.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Boom BAM. Be A Man.
You are over complicating it. All the NYG needed to demand was that Nagy would have unquestioned control on players, plays, and playcalling to assure the worst possible outcome.