Petition the Bears

jc456

Liked Posts:
Can we call the Bears organization and petition Nagy to give up play calling???
Petition who? They have no idea what offense is! Anyone who watched last Sunday night, would know

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's the thing...let's go crazy and assume he's even AVERAGELY competent at calling plays...

...he's proven to be unable to function on gamedays as BOTH Play Caller AND Head Coach.

In multiple pressors he admits that he didn't see a given play (important ones) and "will have to go look at the tape", as per everything. He misses opportunities to challenge a ref call, or today - ask for a measurement to buy time to determine next play or challenge, etc. etc.

Nagy drops the ball on:
-clock management/challenges,
-personnel decisions,
-defensive oversight,
-player interactions (dare I say ACCOUNTABILITY!!!??? ...by talking to/yelling at a player/giving props),
- and overall HC schemes
....are all too often missed completely because he's trying to call plays.

His head is so often buried in the Denny's menu, I mean call sheet, that he's failing his obligations as a HC. Meanwhile he micromanages and neuters his OC, QB coach, and staff by trying to do it all himself.

^ This alone is cause for concern. I could post a half dozen other huge problems with this guy. All of which are worse that his decision to not play Fields with the 1s or start him until forced to by injury.

Seriously, how many other Head Coaches also call plays, and what are their credentials?? Nagy barely even called plays before as a OC in KC, but now jumps several levels and assumes he's capable of BOTH jobs better than his co-staff? ARROGANCE!!!!! but worse is the IGNORANCE to not realize he's failing at both HC and playcalling!!

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's the thing...let's go crazy and assume he's even AVERAGELY competent at calling plays...

...he's proven to be unable to function on gamedays as BOTH Play Caller AND Head Coach.

In multiple pressors he admits that he didn't see a given play (important ones) and "will have to go look at the tape", as per everything. He misses opportunities to challenge a ref call, or today - ask for a measurement to buy time to determine next play or challenge, etc. etc.

Nagy drops the ball on:
-personnel decisions,
-defensive oversight,
-player interactions (dare I say ACCOUNTABILITY!!!??? ...by talking to/yelling at a player/giving props),
- and overall HC schemes

His head is so often buried in the Denny's menu, I mean call sheet, that he's failing his obligations as a HC. Meanwhile he micromanages and neuters his OC, QB coach, and staff by trying to do it all himself.

^ This alone is cause for concern. I could post a half dozen other huge problems with this guy. All of which are worse that his decision to not play Fields with the 1s or start him until forced to by injury.

Seriously, how many other Head Coaches also call plays, and what are their credentials?? Nagy barely even called plays before as a OC in KC, but now jumps several levels and assumes he's capable of BOTH jobs better than his co-staff? ARROGANCE!!!!! but worse is the IGNORANCE to not realize he's failing at both HC and playcalling!!
This would be billboard worthy to put up near Halas Hall.......where is old dude that use to post vids on you tube and went out to Halas Hall with a sign...cant believe I forgot his name....he got in trouble for posting camp footage....we can hire him

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Nagy drops the ball on:
-personnel decisions,
-defensive oversight,
- and overall HC schemes

I think there’s a lot of wisdom in your post. Now he does have potential to be a great play caller or play designer. But he first must learn how to become a head coach. And it’s obvious, at this point that he can’t learn while managing both jobs. Andy Reid had tons of jobs in the NFL before he became head coach/play caller. Nagy skipped alot and needs the game to slow down for him so he can learn.