Arobs drop

bareness

Liked Posts:
They still will have Peoples from Michigan. He is not a bad wr.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If we are going to pay him 20 million we need to ask some really hard questions about him.

This cannot be a debate on whether he is good, it has to be whether he is elite.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I may never get over that dropped ball :(

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
ThE kId IsNt ReAdY

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
IMHO this is 100% correct.

It wasn't an easy play. He fought thought a physical corner, adjusted perfectly, then the ball went through his hands.

I think what a lot of people are missing is it wasn't some wide open, 5 yards behind the defender type catch. ARob did a lot of the hard work to reposition and just didn't come down with the ball.

Fields did a great job throwing a catchable ball. If I'm nit picking he could have had it be 2 feet to the outside, but overall he put his WR in a position to make a play.
Yes, but damn that was a nice throw.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I’m confident Jaylon can shut him down. I think the Bears will win this game regardless of who our starting QB is.

Bears offense is leaps and bounds better then last years. Last year they couldn't even get a first down, lol. They just need to figure it out inside the red zone.

Even in the Rams loss the Bears O got 20+ first downs, ZERO PUNTS, over a 100 yards rushing and won time of possession. Game was like the Packer vs Lions game. Was close mid 3rd quarter before the better team pulled away due to mistakes and lost momentum.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
If we are going to pay him 20 million we need to ask some really hard questions about him.

This cannot be a debate on whether he is good, it has to be whether he is elite.
This is accurate. I think to date, Pace has been right about his value.

Now, assuming Fields plays the rest of the year, what matters is how they play together. He has not been elite the last couple of years and he needs to show he is with Fields to get the contract he wants. If not, I think you make the hard choice to move on from him.

Bort

Liked Posts:

I think that just literally giving him the same 3 year $42 million deal they gave him back in 2018 would be fair market value, but his agent has obviously convinced him he's worth more than that.

Maybe they tag him again with the intention of trading him? You'd hate to see him walk for basically nothing in return like they had to do with Fuller.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Bears offense is leaps and bounds better then last years. Last year they couldn't even get a first down, lol. They just need to figure it out inside the red zone.

Even in the Rams loss the Bears O got 20+ first downs, ZERO PUNTS, over a 100 yards rushing and won time of possession. Game was like the Packer vs Lions game. Was close mid 3rd quarter before the better team pulled away due to mistakes and lost momentum.
To be fair, those Zero Punts didn't lead to actual points, just turning the ball over.

I hope Fields is the spark, but the offense looks just as bland as the previous 3 Nagy seasons thus far.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ARob is a good #1, great #2....but not a top tier WR. He's just not. The number of boneheaded plays or sheer drops immediately take him out of consideration of the elite.

ARob has always had some drops to go along with some sensational snatches

Not defending him by any means, but ARob had only 1 drop last year, 3rd best behind Hopkins & Adams who also had only 1 but more opportunities.

Also a number of other strengths to consider when evaluating his value overall:

Chicago Bears: Allen Robinson advanced stats review

Still really sucks that Soldier Field would've erupted and the NARRATIVE shoulda been much higher on Fields had that dime-ball TD been caught. Outsiders looking at stats see no TD and now shrug Fields to the bench without understanding.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Not defending him by any means, but ARob had only 1 drop last year, 3rd best behind Hopkins & Adams who also had only 1 but more opportunities.

Still really sucks that Soldier Field would've erupted and the NARRATIVE shoulda been much higher on Fields had that dime-ball TD been caught. Outsiders looking at stats see no TD and now shrug Fields to the bench without understanding.
paraphrasing "derp, Fields didn't score He R tEh SuX0Rz"

both him and Dalton did good shit in that game. I want to know what all the naysayers claiming this was the worst defense ever have to say.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Only 1 drop but there was a handful of jump balls that he lost to defenders. He looked completely outmuscled and a couple led to turnovers. I still think he's a legitimate #1 but no shot he gets paid like a top guy when you're not coming down with those.