OFFICIAL Justin Fields to Start over the Browns

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Tough out in his first start. Gotta let him play his game. PA, RPOs, move the pocket, and also give him work inside the pocket too obviously.

Should be fun to watch, hopefully the line plays well.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Because if he struggles you take it off Justin’s shoulders and say it was always the plan
If he struggles you should still roll with Fields the rest of the season. As a HC/OC you should expect your rookie QB to struggle some. You should also look at the body languages and comments by other players. A lot of them seem to support Fields.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy said that Dalton isn't going on IR so either he has a career ending injury or will be back within 3 games.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If he struggles you should still roll with Fields the rest of the season. As a HC/OC you should expect your rookie QB to struggle some. You should also look at the body languages and comments by other players. A lot of them seem to support Fields.
If you roll with Fields you aren’t playing the best player in the moment. Which is fine it just changes the narratives and expectations around this season. It’s no longer about winning the most football games.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I guess that makes sense. I'd rather just let it play out and you can always still go back to that. Browns was going to be a tough match for either qb. We'll see what happens
I think the browns have a great defensive line but other than that, they haven’t looked special this season. Obviously Mahomes is going to tear up any team but they let Houston put up 21 points with Taylor/Mills at QB. Houston was in it for a lot of the game.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If you roll with Fields you aren’t playing the best player in the moment. Which is fine it just changes the narratives and expectations around this season. It’s no longer about winning the most football games.
It’s not about playing the best player in the moment. It’s about starting the development with Fields. Unleash him now and let him learn. I don’t think Fields makes the Bears a worse team than if Dalton was starting.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It’s not about playing the best player in the moment. It’s about starting the development with Fields. Unleash him now and let him learn. I don’t think Fields makes the Bears a worse team than if Dalton was starting.
Thats your opinion. I wouldn’t mind seeing the bears win games and make a play off push. With Minnesota 0-2 it’s definitely possible.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Thats your opinion. I wouldn’t mind seeing the bears win games and make a play off push. With Minnesota 0-2 it’s definitely possible.
I think it’s just as possible with Fields as it is with Dalton. Andy’s first two games sums up his career. He’s going to have bad and good games. I don’t see why Fields couldn’t match that production. In fact he has the potential to do better. Looking at the Browns this week, they have struggled so far with QBs who are mobile. Both Mahomes and Taylor put up rushing TDs on them. I think Fields could have a good game which includes his running ability.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The statement should have been Andy will not be able to go this week so Justin is starting. But, I see absolutely nothing in his statement that would piss Fields off, nor should it.
“Guaranteeing” a mediocre QB his job back no matter what the outcome is? What if Fields plays great the next couple weeks and then gets benched. I think that would piss off or upset anyone who is as competitive as Fields is.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“Guaranteeing” a mediocre QB his job back no matter what the outcome is? What if Fields plays great the next couple weeks and then gets benched. I think that would piss off or upset anyone who is as competitive as Fields is.
I didn't see anything about a guarantee.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I fully expect Fields to never look back, however...

If he's struggling, turning the ball over, Nagy could go back to Dalton and say that was always the plan.

As far as Nagy and Pace are concerned - They have to win actual games to keep their jobs. They do not give af what some ding-dong QB fan boi on CCS thinks.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I didn't see anything about a guarantee.
Nagy coming out saying Dalton is starting when he is healthy sounds like a pretty confident thing to say. And that’s why I put “guaranteeing” in quotes.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think it’s just as possible with Fields as it is with Dalton. Andy’s first two games sums up his career. He’s going to have bad and good games. I don’t see why Fields couldn’t match that production. In fact he has the potential to do better. Looking at the Browns this week, they have struggled so far with QBs who are mobile. Both Mahomes and Taylor put up rushing TDs on them. I think Fields could have a good game which includes his running ability.
Sure but again isn’t the point to win games? If the DL is weak and Chubb is able to rack up yards and touch downs Justin will find himself in a shootout that he’s not experienced enough to win.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Nagy said that Dalton isn't going on IR so either he has a career ending injury or will be back within 3 games.
Justin Fields balling out will be Dalton's career ending injury.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Great news! Exciting times to be a Bear fan -- the dawn of a new era may be upon us.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The next 4 games are against shit defenses. The 3 after that are very tough defenses. So Fields will have every opportunity to show his stuff.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What's the fucking point of saying Dalton is the starter when healthy? What if Fields throws for 350 and 4 touchdowns against the lions then Dalton is healthy the next week? Does he magically get back stiffness then?
Its a face saving gesture for the vet. It honestly looks good for the franchise. There's no need to defame a guy who really didn't do anything to deserve getting benched. From what I've heard on podcasts by former player its the type of gesture that doesn't go unnoticed around the league by other veteran players.