OFFICIAL Justin Fields to Start over the Browns

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Veterans no but rookies I think listen to an extent. The problem is Nagy believing in himself and his Be You mentality. Nagy has been stuck in his KC mold and and hasn’t shaken it off yet. I’m not disagreeing with what you mentioned in your comment, but I also think there is a chance that Nagy goes back to Dalton no matter what because of his “plan”. I don’t agree with it, but I also don’t trust Nagy.
By that time, the players will know.

Up to now, the players guessed that Fields might be better than Dalton. Playing several weeks, Fields will show enough if he is truly ready to be better than Dalton or not. They will know.

If Nagy tries to replace Fields, if Fields were lights out, there would be a RUDY scene where Roquan, Mack, AR, Mooney and Hicks would tell Nagy to start Fields in their places.

If not, Dalton would be the better option for the Bears to win games.

If the season were to go south, Fields could finish up the season, gaining experience.

As for rookies being upset about what Nagy said, once people heard that they were upset, Hicks or Peters or Mack would gather the innocent sheep and shepherd them into the reality of coach speak and the NFL.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I’ve said I believe Justin should start given Andy’s injury. Also, I already wanted Justin to take over week 4, so to me, there’s no point in Justin going back to QB2 following this week unless he majorly shits the bed and starts losing us games, which I don’t think will be the case.
Absolutely.

This thread was a Nothing-To-See situation.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's actually the smartest thing he could have said given the situation. I'm not sure why people are freaking out about it.
Some of these guys probably kick their dog for nothing.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When Justin is the better player I’ll shut the fuck up about it
Until then it’s hype
Andy Dalton has dropped back like 50 times for 1 TD and overall has just as many TDs as a guy who has see like a 4th of the playing time. He has more turnovers than Justin Fields. He has less upside than Justin Fields. His air yards per attempt is near the bottom of the league and 6 yards less than Justin Fields. Andy Dalton is not better. Andy Dalton might not make some of the rookie mistakes that Fields makes but Fields ability to push the ball downfield and scrambling ability make him far more dangerous and valuable to your offense than Andy Dalton. Dalton has been asked to do next to nothing but ride the coattails of Montgomery.

i don't know how people can see Justin Fields throw accurately 40 yards downfield and still think he's not better than the guy who is basically handcuffed to his RB move the ball.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
It's actually the smartest thing he could have said given the situation. I'm not sure why people are freaking out about it.
I guess idk the context. If it was said with no question precipitating it, I think it's dumb. If someone asked a question about who the long term starter is then that's fine.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dalton had a good game going and was injured. He still sucks.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Oh shut the fuck up about Dalton being the better player right now.
Its crazy isn't it ?

I don't know even know where these ridiculous takes come from if . If you went strictly by what weve seen NICK FOLES IS THE BEST PLAYER because he was producing the same numbers without the benefit of a running game or the defense handing out scoring opportunities like tic tacs .

But do you see how crazy that shit gets when people start using 8 quarters to talk better player because right now with this team its all subjective .

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Andy Dalton has dropped back like 50 times for 1 TD and overall has just as many TDs as a guy who has see like a 4th of the playing time. He has more turnovers than Justin Fields. He has less upside than Justin Fields. His air yards per attempt is near the bottom of the league and 6 yards less than Justin Fields. Andy Dalton is not better. Andy Dalton might not make some of the rookie mistakes that Fields makes but Fields ability to push the ball downfield and scrambling ability make him far more dangerous and valuable to your offense than Andy Dalton. Dalton has been asked to do next to nothing but ride the coattails of Montgomery.

i don't know how people can see Justin Fields throw accurately 40 yards downfield and still think he's not better than the guy who is basically handcuffed to his RB move the ball.
Andy moved the ball downfield better than Justin. And quit being disingenuous about the rams game. Unless you think Justin would have played better than Andy did against the rams given how he looked against the Bengals, then Justin’s numbers would be as bad or worse.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Andy moved the ball downfield better than Justin. And quit being disingenuous about the rams game. Unless you think Justin would have played better than Andy did against the rams given how he looked against the Bengals, then Justin’s numbers would be as bad or worse.

Andy has 4,831 career pass atempts.

He better fucking look better than a rookie tossed into a game due to injury.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Andy had 1 good drive. Unfortunately for Justin, those starting WRs that Andy has gotten 99% of practice snaps with dropped 2 balls worth 60 yards and a TD of offense.

Meanwhile sweet Andy 4.1 air yards per play. "downfield". One of the worst in the league. Better my ass.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think justin will play well and play poorly, like every rookie does besides a select few in the last few decades of the modern pass attack.

In the end the things he does on the field are what seperate him from dalton, because any play can end up a homerun. This offense has lacked that since cutler left.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Andy had 1 good drive. Unfortunately for Justin, those starting WRs that Andy has gotten 99% of practice snaps with dropped 2 balls worth 60 yards and a TD of offense.

Meanwhile sweet Andy 4.1 air yards per play. "downfield". One of the worst in the league. Better my ass.

Don't forget the fact if his 6'7 260 pound TE could block a safety justin also runs in for a touchdown.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Andy has 4,831 career pass atempts.

He better fucking look better than a rookie tossed into a game due to injury.
Did I say he’s behind schedule or something to that affect? Learn to read.