Is Hester getting in the Pro Football HOF?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
The man is now eligible. Is his domanince as a returner enough to get him in.?

First-Year Eligibles

Wide Receivers: Anquan Boldin, Devin Hester (also PR/KR), Andre Johnson, Steve Smith

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He changed the way the game is played as a returner. Of course he's a Hall of Famer. The greatest at his position to ever do it.

I also believe Charles Tillman is an easy choice for the Hall of Fame. The Peanut Punch revolutionized the way DB's tackle.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
06 SB Win would help make their cases so much better! I'd vote them in regardless.

greg23

Liked Posts:
He 100% should

But will he

These dipshits seem to think the 3rd phase is irrelevant so who the fuck knows....id be shocked and elated if he made it in year one

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He should. In today's NFL that limits return opportunities, it's hard to conceptualize how much of an impact he had on a game. IMHO best of all time.

mecha

Liked Posts:
you know how much of an impact Hester had on the game?

the NFL went to lengths to completely destroy what he did with changing the rules to make it near impossible to do what he did, and he still was doing it.

the opening kickoff of the Super Bowl, he scored, nobody's ever done that. it's not his fault Lovie Smith was offense inept and Ron Turner stopped running the ball when the inferior runner got a phantom owie on his knee (and fumbled the ball away).

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe not first ballot, but he's unanimously the greatest to ever do it. How can he not be in there?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree completely

But I think the thing that might hurt him is how kinda short his era was

He should. In today's NFL that limits return opportunities, it's hard to conceptualize how much of an impact he had on a game. IMHO best of all time.

You could say that his overwhelming success in part led to the rule changes to eliminate the excitement he brought to the return game (which they say was more dangerous). I've yet to see any actual proof of that, but it's a diff. topic.
Dude crushed it so much, they had to put a stop to him with rule changes.
NFL = No Fun League

you know how much of an impact Hester had on the game?

the NFL went to lengths to completely destroy what he did with changing the rules to make it near impossible to do what he did, and he still was doing it.

the opening kickoff of the Super Bowl, he scored, nobody's ever done that. it's not his fault Lovie Smith was offense inept and Ron Turner stopped running the ball when the inferior runner got a phantom owie on his knee (and fumbled the ball away).
Yeah, there it is.
Sadly, you're right. Had they won the SB, he'd get more credit.
Ironically, he won them several games they would've otherwise lost. Def. can say the same for all those defensive scores. AZ game alone was historic with all those non-offensive points in the comeback.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I agree completely

But I think the thing that might hurt him is how kinda short his era was

I think he gets in. His career was short but so was Sayers. I just don't know if they let in Brian Mitchell before or after? Also, Josh Cribbs is on the list of 122 as well.

In short though? Hester changed THE game. Hands down. When that dude was on the field, it was must watch TV. Haven't seen a player like that since. Mahomes is the only one I can even think of.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He changed the way the game is played as a returner. Of course he's a Hall of Famer. The greatest at his position to ever do it.

I also believe Charles Tillman is an easy choice for the Hall of Fame. The Peanut Punch revolutionized the way DB's tackle.
When one player causes rule changes...

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The man is now eligible. Is his domanince as a returner enough to get him in.?

First-Year Eligibles

Wide Receivers: Anquan Boldin, Devin Hester (also PR/KR), Andre Johnson, Steve Smith

it absolutely should be

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
As others have said he was must watch TV, electric and the best ever. He should be in the Hall but unfortunately I think it will take a few years because of the position he played. With the rule changes his records will probably never be broken. Let's hope not too many years. Peanut should go in as well and will probably make it sooner than Hester.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He could be. If he is gonna get in, odds are it's first balot or bust right?
Im not sure about that. I just feel like the conversation has favored him more and more the past 5 years. There doesn't seem to be that same pushback that there was from some of the purists.

His impact was undeniable. As many have stated, he changed the game. When the Bears were on primetime, we was on the marquee like he was a QB.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Not 1st ballot but he should make it.

Brian Mitchell not being in after all these years is discouraging to Hesters chances.