Cole Kmet On Fields getting the start

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Kmet right now is the 4th best TE in the league in average yards of separation. Right now i am leaving the lack of production on chemistry and Nagy's bullshit playcalling.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Kmet right now is the 4th best TE in the league in average yards of separation. Right now i am leaving the lack of production on chemistry and Nagy's bullshit playcalling.
LOL! Hate to state the obvious, but you need it.

If Kmet is 4th best in separation, that is A DIRECT RESULT OF NAGY’S PLAYCALLING…

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kmet is becoming a very
player for me. Had hopes he would be more than just a body.
He had a great catch against the Bengals that was taking back by a bullshit OPI. I think he’ll be better with a QB who will throw further than 4 yards per play

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL! Hate to state the obvious, but you need it.

If Kmet is 4th best in separation, that is A DIRECT RESULT OF NAGY’S PLAYCALLING
You realize that separation isn’t just based of of play calling? It could be due to good route running and/or physical attributes

msadows

Liked Posts:
He had a great catch against the Bengals that was taking back by a bullshit OPI. I think he’ll be better with a QB who will throw further than 4 yards per play

Its a combo of things, I think nagy hasn't also allowed him to run too many aggressive routes.

Hopefully he's a big part of the gameplan this week since every rookie QB's love big body TE's and we got two.

Nagy never ceases to surprise me, blames the offense on having shit TE's in 2019, finally gets a good TE room and decides not to utilize them.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
If Kmet is 4th best in separation, that is A DIRECT RESULT OF NAGY’S PLAYCALLING…
I understand the point. But what about designed playcalls to get the ball to Kmet? Rolling out Fields and running Kmet to that side in a half field read situation.

Give Kmet the opportunity to be a playmaker and simplify things for Fields. That is more of the stuff I am talking about.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Or just due to a defense playing off too.
Actually, of the top 4 they are giving Kmet the least amount of cushion. He seems to be earning his separation.

All that being said its early in the season. Chemistry can take some time to develop.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
He's been wide open a few times only to have Dalton or Fields simply not see him or opt to throw elsewhere.

As an aside, it seems like Nagy is being used as a scapegoat for all the offensive woes other than the O line. At this point, it's going to be extremely difficult to pick out if a guy like Kmet or Mooney are pretty damn good or if Nagy will be used as an excuse (perhaps rightfully).

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really hope Fields uses his TEs better. Not sure if it's Nagy or Dalton, but where the hell were Kmet, Graham, and James last week? Those are three GOOD TEs. Kmet needs to step it up. He is so soft, needs to understand how BIG he is and just steamroll those DBs. He's HUGE. I hope Fields sees them better, uses them more. Outside of Monty looking good, ARob a solid if not elite WR1, and a solid WR2 in Mooney, who else do we have? Nobody, really. Kmet needs to be getting way more targets.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You realize that separation isn’t just based of of play calling? It could be due to good route running and/or physical attributes
Unless he’s pulling a Miller, he’s running the routes Nagy designed. Hilarious you guys can’t give Nagy an ounce of credit, even making up crap so you don’t have to.

There’s plenty of room of criticism of our HC. But not acknowledging the even few positives he has just makes you look stupid and bitter…

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's been wide open a few times only to have Dalton or Fields simply not see him or opt to throw elsewhere.

As an aside, it seems like Nagy is being used as a scapegoat for all the offensive woes other than the O line. At this point, it's going to be extremely difficult to pick out if a guy like Kmet or Mooney are pretty damn good or if Nagy will be used as an excuse (perhaps rightfully).

Nagy is responsible for the offense, therefore should be the scapegoat when it fails. So far 4 QB's have had problems scoring enough points, Trubisky, Foles, Dalton, Fields. He has a great group of TEs, very good receivers and running backs. The offensive line looks minimally average so far this year. Coincidence that the 5 games he didn't call plays the Bears had a top 3 offense, given some lesser competition?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Unless he’s pulling a Miller, he’s running the routes Nagy designed. Hilarious you guys can’t give Nagy an ounce of credit, even making up crap so you don’t have to.

There’s plenty of room of criticism of our HC. But not acknowledging the even few positives he has just makes you look stupid and bitter…
Sure Nagy designs the routes, but the players run the routes. Nagy doesn’t create separation for a designed play call, especially when he has no idea what the defense is doing. The players are the ones physically gaining the separation. They are fighting off the LBs/DBs, finding the holes, etc. They even adjust their routes depending on coverage. So no, Nagy really doesn’t deserve credit for what the players are doing.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Nagy is responsible for the offense, therefore should be the scapegoat when it fails. So far 4 QB's have had problems scoring enough points, Trubisky, Foles, Dalton, Fields. He has a great group of TEs, very good receivers and running backs. The offensive line looks minimally average so far this year. Coincidence that the 5 games he didn't call plays the Bears had a top 3 offense, given some lesser competition?
I think Nagy should hand over play calling duties especially given Lazor's success last year. That would show that Nagy has a mind for being a head coach and not just an offensive coordinator. John Fox didn't have a stellar run here but he was good at empowering his coordinators knowing that he didn't know everything and there was a reason that he had them.

That said, there's always an excuse until there's not, no? Is it true or not that Nagy was saddled with a bad QB for his entire duration here, perhaps up until this year? Is it not true that he'd had a less than average offensive cast on the whole for nearly his entire duration here? So we think we've got enough evidence to say that Nagy is the problem, but what happens when he's ousted and a guy like Kmet turns out to be just ok? Hopefully not, but just saying, it's frustrating. Wouldn't Kmet stand out in any system if he was a standout player?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

What? You still have to be able to run the routes and have some kind of physical attributes to get separation.If Kmet gets open on a basic slant are you going to give Nagy the credit for that shit too?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Weird huh? Almost like Lazor had a game plan when calling plays