Browns are prob not gonna have Landry + OBJ

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Having Bilal Nichols and Mario Edwards Jr. out there together will cause some issues for the Browns. I'm also not entirely sure the Browns are going to adequately prepare for Edwards Jr. either. If those two are good enough that Khalil Mack and Robert Quinn can play like they did against Cincinnati (at least somewhat) then you will see the defense look very good. The rush doesn't need to be great, it just needs to be present.

Also Roquan Smith is basically the best linebacker in football right now, especially in coverage. I am absolutely content letting the Browns throw it to their tight ends with Roquan lurking around, that's a one-way ticket to turnover city. I'm sure Stefanski knows that though, he will try to replicate the Rams gameplan.
agreed,
and if Goldman is back, which I expect that will help against the run as well.

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
The Browns and what they bring has little to do with our game on Sunday, believe it or not. There isn’t one guy in our locker room that is not inspired by Fields starting. That is why we win. Justin Fields fills the cup that Maggie has drained from the team. When the Bears beat the Browns, they’ll start believing they are contenders and that is half the battle.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Admittedly, I didn't see that game. You could be right. But they hung with KC all game...coulda won, but effed it away in the end. They seem like an exciting team to me.

When I'm not watching the Bears (boring games), I make up for it by watching KC, Cleveland...and this year I'm keeping an eye on Miami. Another team that got a lot of first round picks.
And has no QB

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The Browns are going to curb stomp the bears. Texans are a trap game for everyone. Browns are a really strong team pretty much everywhere. Bears will have to play a really clean game to win, and I've yet to see a Nagy coached team be disciplined and execute well.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
The Browns are going to curb stomp the bears. Texans are a trap game for everyone. Browns are a really strong team pretty much everywhere. Bears will have to play a really clean game to win, and I've yet to see a Nagy coached team be disciplined and execute well.
Though I think the Browns will win this game it could be a lot closer than many believe. This Browns defense has not gelled yet, at this point all the new pieces don't seem to be on the same page. This could give the Bears offense a boost and keep them in the game.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Too bad the game isn't in Chicago so the camera could catch Pace's reaction to watching his aging defense and borderline practice squad offense get steamrolled by young players on cheap contracts that will be in some epic playoff battles vs KC the next 5 years.
This post gave me cancer.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
That win against the Bengals sure changed the tone of this board.

I won't be fooled though. Nagy and the Bears still suck.
Did it...........almost everyone here thinks the Bears will lose. The Bears are 1 and 1 just where most thought they would be after two games.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
That win against the Bengals sure changed the tone of this board.

I won't be fooled though. Nagy and the Bears still suck.
I don’t think the tone changed at all after that win. I think the tone changed as soon as Fields was announced he’s starting on Sunday

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
The Browns and what they bring has little to do with our game on Sunday, believe it or not. There isn’t one guy in our locker room that is not inspired by Fields starting. That is why we win. Justin Fields fills the cup that Maggie has drained from the team. When the Bears beat the Browns, they’ll start believing they are contenders and that is half the battle.
While I admire your optimism, I’m not sure I can share in it.

Nagy could screw up a winning lottery ticket. On the way to cash it in, thinks, everyone expects me to keep it in my wallet. I’ll show them. I’ll put it in the glovebox until I get there. Stops at the store. Car is stolen along with the ticket. Found burned in the ditch later on.

The Bears will have to win despite the play calling, not because of it. That’s a steep hill to climb, especially against this CLE team.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

Nagy could screw up a winning lottery ticket. On the way to cash it in, thinks, everyone expects me to keep it in my wallet. I’ll show them. I’ll put it in the glovebox until I get there. Stops at the store. Car is stolen along with the ticket. Found burned in the ditch later on.

The Bears will have to win despite the play calling, not because of it. That’s a steep hill to climb, especially against this CLE team.
But it will be easier with Fields at QB who can make something out of nothing after a shit call.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Cleveland has a pretty solid run game and a solid defensive line. Outside of that, they are nothing special. They allowed Houston to stick in the game for a while. And like I’ve mentioned before, mobile QBs are hurting their defense. If Fields is sufficient against them, the Bears have a shot at winning.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Cleveland has a pretty solid run game and a solid defensive line. Outside of that, they are nothing special. They allowed Houston to stick in the game for a while. And like I’ve mentioned before, mobile QBs are hurting their defense. If Fields is sufficient against them, the Bears have a shot at winning.
And outside of Garrett who has 1 sack 8 pressures, the rest of that Dline has sucked.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Heard an interesting stat on XM Fantasy Football talk about the Browns offense to date, this year. Only 16% of their passes, so far this season, have gone to the Wide Outs. TE, different story. So loosing OBJ and Landry really shouldn't factor in all that much.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Heard an interesting stat on XM Fantasy Football talk about the Browns offense to date, this year. Only 16% of their passes, so far this season, have gone to the Wide Outs. TE, different story. So loosing OBJ and Landry really shouldn't factor in all that much.
And after his injury, Mayfield had no downfield passes, looked a lot like Dalton did against the Rams. Hope that shoulder is still bothering him.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If OBJ does plays and has a great game I think it will because of coverage breakdowns by the Bears. He won’t single handily have a great game in his first week back.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Mayfield will probably not finish the game with that shoulder injury. He will get hit so may be seeing the backup QB (Case Keenum) at some point in the game.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
And outside of Garrett who has 1 sack 8 pressures, the rest of that Dline has sucked.

Which is why I expect Clowney to look like an all pro this weekend.

This is their second home game

First game at home against the Chiefs

Second game underestimated a Watsonless Texans team

They will be ready to play and fired up in front of that home crowd . With Mayfields injury they will try and get the lead early so they can pound us .