Sam Mustipher

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Daniels was the only Bears player that could handle Donald 1:1. When they moved him over left guard he was blowing Whitehair/Sam up. I don't get all the Daniels hate. It's painfully apparent when they run off his ass cheek they move the football.

He leads the Bears in pressures given up.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's all well and good but with that points to someone who likely isn't as good as Mustipher right now.
I’m sure it would be trade offs at best. Mustipher has shown to be best at what’s unique at the position. Snapping and line calls. This probably not the time to try that. It was more about next year when we need to pay Sam and/or if he doesn’t improve.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It would still be optimum if Whitehair could do those things as well. Sucked that he couldn’t. Great hands for the position and then put beef on both sides.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thank you PFF
Yes the same PFF quoted in the article you posted. They just presented the half of the stats that favored the Bears. So the pass blocker stats for the Tackles and the run blocking stats for the interior. Instead of just reporting both because that would illustrate that the OL hasn't been as good as they are claiming.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I don't know about you guys, but I only care about PFF if their stat backs up my previously-held belief. If it doesn't, then PFF is horseshit.
Definitely. If nobody could try to change my preconceived notions it'd be a perfect world

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know about you guys, but I only care about PFF if their stat backs up my previously-held belief. If it doesn't, then PFF is horseshit.
They’re not bad at what they tally but what they tally is pretty limited in terms of overall play.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
People have been pretty enamored with him and Whitehair for a couple years and I've just never been overly impressed. I don't want to settle for mediocrity, I'd love to assemble an elite oline
An elite o-line would be nice but also very expensive. If Fields is what we hope he is then we can win with a good o-line. It'll be interesting to see how they go about next years free agency though because they do have a lot of vet contracts they can get out of and will have some money to spend so do they switch up how they've been building this team from spending much of the cap on defense to offense if Fields ends up looking like the real deal. How do they go about replacing ARob after this year. Do they go big and go for a C.Godwin or do they look for a W.Fuller, M.Gallup, DJ Chark or a C.Sutton type who will be a little cheaper than ARob or Godwin.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
An elite o-line would be nice but also very expensive. If Fields is what we hope he is then we can win with a good o-line. It'll be interesting to see how they go about next years free agency though because they do have a lot of vet contracts they can get out of and will have some money to spend so do they switch up how they've been building this team from spending much of the cap on defense to offense if Fields ends up looking like the real deal. How do they go about replacing ARob after this year. Do they go big and go for a C.Godwin or do they look for a W.Fuller, M.Gallup, DJ Chark or a C.Sutton type who will be a little cheaper than ARob or Godwin.
Hopefully borom and Jenkins play and show they can be legit T before seasons end. Then I'd spend money making the interior stout. I'd take Gallup and a rd 2 receiver and keep Goodwin.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Mustipher was not going up against good DT's in the Cincy game. They have minimal interior line talent. I can understand struggling vs Donald but Cincy? LMAO
This ^^^

Mustipher was beaten like a dead horse multiple times against a poor Cincy D-line.
He knows the line calls but that does no good if he's getting embarrassed every week.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hopefully borom and Jenkins play and shoe they can be legit T before seasons end. Then I'd spend money making the interior stout. I'd take Gallup and a rd 2 receiver and keep Goodwin.
I've actually liked most of what we've seen from Goodwin so far. He's made a couple mistakes but he's done some good things for a 3rd WR and wouldn't mind bringing him back at all. If we had a real play caller then he probably has at least one long TD catch already and a couple other deep catches.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
People already have their preconceived notions about each player. Everyone is adamant daniels is great regardless of the fact I believe he is graded as the worst pass blocker on the line.
Lol what ? Have you seen mustipher ?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
It's quite fascinating with his cap fuck ups.
Danny T
Graham
Fuller
Whitehair
Quinn
And I'm sure a few others
What ? Whitehair was good the coaches just ruined him and this is the only year he has looked like trash and some of last year... Quinn has 2.5 sacks right now..... Fuller was a choice does he want to continue being a bear and extend his contract or leave he picked leaving. Quite frankly I don't mind because pace drafted his replacement. Graham was too much money but not a completely Ludacris. Danny t was the wrong LB, I don't give a shit about his leadership. Leno and Eddie Jackson seem to be following the trend of "once I got paid I don't give a shit about playing up to their standard any longer..." Eddie Goldman is being a little bitch too. I don't understand besides a few of those you can place responsibility on pace.

That's literally believing pace has some sort of mind control device and he is making them all fuck ups ?!?

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Problem is the roster will have so many holes.

DT/DE
OG
C
NB
SS
WR
OLB
I wouldn't call DT/DE a hole. Even if this is Hicks last year. Goldman, Nichols and Edwards make a good line and Blackson and Tonga (not proven but had shined at times) provide depth.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
DT/DE is not a hole. Even if this is Hicks last year. Goldman, Nichols and Edwards make a good line and Blackson and Tonga (not proven but had shined at times) provide depth.

It's looking less and less likely Goldman comes back

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think he's got some small injuries, probably due to not playing football for a year. I expect he will be back soon. Did I miss some news?

Brad Biggs was hinting that he might be having issues

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs was hinting that he might be having issues
Thanks. He looked great by by all accounts when he played week 1. Biggs may know something we don't but I've seen Biggs wrong before. I'll see how the next few weeks play out before coming to any conclusion.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mustipher has been brutal in the run game, but his pass blocking per the numbers has been better than Daniels.
That just isn’t supported by watching the games and Mustipher is getting easier assignments.

Daniels was very good against the Bengals.

ESPN has a far more favorable assessment of Daniels.