***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears @ Browns (QB1 ARRIVAL: #JUSTINTIME Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
browns-vs-bears-760x422.jpg

Chicago Bears (1-1) @ Cleveland Browns (1-1)
Sunday, September 26th @ Noon (CST)
FirstEnergy Stadium
FOX 32
WBBM 780
Cleveland Browns lead series 9-7-0

justin-fields-fields.gif

index.php

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 11.25.09 AM.pngScreenshot 2021-09-24 at 11.26.17 AM.pngScreenshot 2021-09-24 at 11.27.33 AM.png

JAYLON JOHNSON vs. ODELL BECKHAM JR

Barring a major setback, Beckham is poised to start his first game for the Browns in almost a year. With fellow receiver, Jarvis Landry on IR, the Browns passing attack needs a weapon in the worst way to keep defenses from keying in on stopping Cleveland's potent rushing attack. Unfortunately for the Browns the Bears are bringing their young budding star at cornerback with them. Jaylon Johnson has, thus far, had a tremendous sophomore season...earning PFF's Defensive Player of the Week coming into this game. Johnson was the Bears’ highest-graded defensive player with a 92.2 grade, including 92.3 in coverage last Sunday. He had four pass breakups and his first career interception. Through two weeks of action, Johnson is PFF’s highest-graded cornerback with a 87.0 grade. With Beckham fresh off the injury report, can Johnson make Beckham just as invisible on the field as he was on the bench?

JIMMY GRAHAM vs. MALCOLM SMITH

The Browns lost their starting middle linebacker to injury before the season even began, so they turned to veteran linebacker Malcolm Smith to fill the role. Andy Reid exploited that decision opening week, getting star tight end, Travis Kelce matched up on Smith in the red zone and walking away with two Kelce scores. While Smith played better in the second half of last week's game against the Texans...it was against a mid round rookie QB thrust into action midgame. Now Smith will face an offense not as loaded as the Chiefs, but far more talented than the Texans. Especially at tight end, where the Bears still employ red zone nightmare, Jimmy Graham. Through two weeks, Chicago has only targeted their tight ends ten times. With a rookie getting his first start at QB, Matt Nagy would be wise to change that now. Nothing helps out a young passer better than a big bodied target. Second year pro Cole Kmet should get plenty of looks as well, but inside the 20...it should be the Jimmy Graham Show bulling his way past the aging linebacker if the Bears want to start consistently scoring points on offense as well.

JUSTIN FIELDS vs. THE NFL

Moment of truth, Bear Nation. Sure he has had a few designed reps and got significant playing time last week after the injury to Andy Dalton, but now Justin Fields has had an entire week to practice as a starter and the coaches have had time to gameplan Fields as their starting quarterback. While this is a road game for the Bears, you could argue it's a kind of homecoming for the Ohio State star. Chicago has been waiting for a superstar quarterback to take the Bears to the next level since the Eisenhower Administration. Is Justin Fields the one or just another one???

By getting the start in Cleveland, Justin Fields will be 85th quarterback to start at least one game for the Chicago Bears in franchise history and the 26th quarterback to start at least one game for the Chicago Bears since the year 2000.

justin-fields-bear-down.gif

2021-team-stats-png.13764

Stats for the Chicago Bears and Cleveland Browns as they enter Week 3
Bears​
Browns​
Total First Downs​
40​
46​
1st Downs (Rush-Pass-By Penalty)​
16 - 20 - 4​
20 - 24 - 2​
3rd Down Conversions​
11/26​
6/16​
4th Down Conversions​
0/5​
3/4​
Total Offensive Yds​
528​
812​
Offense (Plays-Avg Yds)​
130 - 4.1​
113 - 7.2​
Total Rushing Yds​
257​
309​
Rushing (Plays-Avg Yards)​
60 - 4.3​
60 - 5.1​
Total Passing Yds​
271​
503​
Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)​
44 - 64 - 2 - 5.2​
40 - 49 - 2 - 10.9​
Sacks​
5​
3​
Field Goals​
2/2​
1/1​
Touchdowns​
4​
8​
(Rush-Pass-Ret-Def)​
2 - 1 - 0 - 1​
7 - 1 - 0 - 0​
Time of possession​
33:17​
31:09​
Turnover Ratio​
+1​
-2​
ATT
COMP​
YDS​
CP%​
YPA​
TD​
INT​
LONG​
SACK​
RATE​
49​
36​
262​
73.5​
5.3​
1​
1​
19​
4​
83.9​

RECEIVING
Darnell Mooney

i

RECEPTIONS​
YARDS​
YDS PER REC​
LONG​
TD​
11​
92​
8.4​
21​
0​

RUSHING
David Montgomery

i

ATTEMPTS​
YARDS​
YDS PER ATT​
LONG​
TD​
36​
169​
4.7​
41​
1​
COMBINED​
SOLO​
ASST​
TFL​
QB HITS​
19​
11​
8​
1​
1​

INTERCEPTIONS
Roquan Smith
i

INTS​
YARDS​
TDS​
LONG​
PASS DEFLECT​
1​
58​
1​
58​
1​

SACKS
Robert Quinn

i

PLAYER
SACKS
Robert Quinn​
1.5​
Roquan Smith​
1.0​
Khalil Mack​
1.0​
Bilal Nichols​
1.0​
Akiem Hicks​
0.5​
TOTAL TEAM SACKS

power-rankings-head-png.7070

PFT​
22​
NFL​
25​
USA Today​
23​
ESPN​
24​
CBS​
24​

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I cant believe I lived to see the day that the browns are considered a good team again.
This world never ceases to inspire and amaze.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Browns fans:
2231A2F6-816A-4189-9FA3-C02B68F4FBE5.jpeg

browns 27
Bears 20

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Everybody's confidence in the bears is setting up for a major letdown. Bears still aren't a very good team and browns are probably a top 5 team, definitely top 10. I'm just hoping fields plays well

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Bears give Browns an early season wake up call. 27-21.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Baker Mayfield doesn’t scare me.
Bears 23
Browns 17
It isnt Mayfield that you have to worry about.
I am none to convinced the bears can stop the run. Playing LA and Cincy showed us nothing about the run defense.

I am thinking they come out running and the game is over by 230pm.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Bears fans are over reacting to early season games to think the Bears can hang with Cleveland. Cleveland was one of the best teams in football last year and has a better roster. The Bears were a middling at best team and have a similar roster (significantly worse on defense, should be better offensively). The Browns are on par with the chiefs (a perennial super bowl squad) as shown by those teams last couple matchups. The Bears got completely embarrassed last time they played the chiefs. This game won't be what everyone thinks. I'll be happy if I'm wrong, but I'm just being realistic here.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Current injury report:
Entire starting Dline is questionable
Starting safeties are questionable (FS) and doubtful (SS)
#2 and #3 receivers are both questionable

We are probably fucked if most of the questionable players do not play.
It seems that the questionable designation can vary a lot from team to team.

From some random article online regarding percentage of players listed as questionable that ended up getting active:

"Last season, that dipped down to 68 percent.
More significant to note, there was wide range between teams.
For example, almost all (96 percent) of the Bucaneers’ “questionable” players were active while only a little over a quarter (29 percent) of Steelers deemed “questionable” suited up."

Bears were second lowest at 40%. Not good.

How 'questionable,' 'doubtful' designations differ among NFL teams

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Bears fans are over reacting to early season games to think the Bears can hang with Cleveland. Cleveland was one of the best teams in football last year and has a better roster. The Bears were a middling at best team and have a similar roster (significantly worse on defense, should be better offensively). The Browns are on par with the chiefs (a perennial super bowl squad) as shown by those teams last couple matchups. The Bears got completely embarrassed last time they played the chiefs. This game won't be what everyone thinks. I'll be happy if I'm wrong, but I'm just being realistic here.
I still remember in the playoffs, Mahomes went down and all the Browns had to do was best a backup QB who saw little playing time.

And they couldn't get the job done.

Bust

Liked Posts:
what the Browns side thinks . . . woah

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The Browns are Led Zepplin.

The Bears are Grand Funk Railroad.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The more I think about this matchup, the more favorable I think it is for the Bears. If this were a home game, I think I would pick them.

One of the reasons why I feel like this will be a good game is because the Bears have faired well in the past against a team I think is very similar to Cleveland, which is Minnesota. Kevin Stefanski obviously took his system in Minnesota and brought it to Cleveland with a team that has a lot of the same type of playmakers. Justin Jefferson and OBJ, Dalvin Cook and Nick Chubb, even Baker Mayfield and Kirk Cousins are similar type of quarterbacks.

IF the Bears can contain those two RB's from running all over them, they should be in this game until the very end. I'm picking Cleveland to win 24-20, but I honestly think it's a toss up.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
You could be right, but the NFL is all about matchups. Cleveland's strength on offense is going right at the Bears strength on defense. Cleveland's defense is not as good as people were hyping it up to be coming into the season. Tyrod Taylor was tearing them apart before he got hurt. The Bears have the element of surprise on their side with Justin Fields making his first start.

A blowout loss is never off the table with this team, but you have to imagine they'll be extra motivated to play inspired football with Fields in the lineup. Not sure it'll be good enough to get the win, but I'm fairly confident it'll be enough to stave off embarrassment.

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
I feel an upset coming. If the Bears D plays like they did last week... definitely we have a good chance for an upset with Fields playing decent his numbers; 230 passing yards, 100 rushing yards, 2 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD. 1 INT.

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
IF the Bears can contain those two RB's from running all over them, they should be in this game until the very end. I'm picking Cleveland to win 24-20, but I honestly think it's a toss up.
If you think it's a toss up than why pick Cleveland to win 24-20? ?‍♂️