• Nagy - I am a Nagy stan so will ride or die with him until the end

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Funny how after the Rams people were dancing on his grave and blaming him for the players being stupid.

It seems clear now that the guy can coach. The Browns are the No 1 pass blocking OL and No 1 run blocking OL and for a decent part of the game, the Bears mauled them in the passing game.

If the D continues to play well, we may be looking at a Bradon Staley situation where a young from Bears D assistant takes ocer the reins of team with a 2nd year QB.

Still too early but one thing is for sure. Desai is already better than Pagano. Sorry @msadows.

Honestly I would fire Nagy and make Desai interim HC and Lazor OC. Let this be a season long audition for Desai for the permanent job.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Same outcome with probably just 80 yards more. There’s no fucking line!!

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny how after the Rams people were dancing on his grave and blaming him for the players being stupid.

It seems clear now that the guy can coach. The Browns are the No 1 pass blocking OL and No 1 run blocking OL and for a decent part of the game, the Bears mauled them in the passing game.

If the D continues to play well, we may be looking at a Bradon Staley situation where a young from Bears D assistant takes ocer the reins of team with a 2nd year QB.

Still too early but one thing is for sure. Desai is already better than Pagano. Sorry @msadows.

Honestly I would fire Nagy and make Desai interim HC and Lazor OC. Let this be a season long audition for Desai for the permanent job.
No one had pining for Desai after week three on their bingo card. Damn, Nagy is str8 fucking the Bears fanbase up. Lazor, if anyone, because he has more experience and is in charge of the Bears most important player.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody on the team has been an NFL head coach. I don’t see the Bears pulling the trigger and naming an interim

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

Apparently Desai is allowing DBs to try to 'shoulder bump' ball carriers instead of tackling them. (Like Jackson's attempt to shouler bump RB Hunt, instead of making a fundamental tackle.) This has been going on a long time. Buck stops on Desai for this failure.

I haven't seen enough from Desai to say he's a better choice than a hundred other candidates.

I would pick Lasor over Desai, simply because when he took over play calling from Nagy, the Bears jumped to 30+ pts per game. Desai hasn't had the same success yet.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If the Bears offense were even mediocre they would had a real chance to win this game. The defense played pretty damn well but the offense just hung them out to dry.

mecha

Liked Posts:
LOL @ calling out people for reacting after one game and then two sentences later offering a first year DC a HC position because of two games.
it's next level clowning now. I think it's a moot point given the team's history of not doing the right thing when it comes to firing head coaches mid season when it's absolutely warranted. even in Nagy's 2018 playoff campaign he hadn't demonstrated what they hired him for, the case could seriously be made to go back that far.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
1 passing yard

No one on the offensive side should be above suspicion. They're not going to be playing the Jaguars and Texans every week.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am actually surprised and think the Bear defense has done enough to help this offense. The Rams game was bad, but the Bears defense has been looking better and if they could get just any help from the offense, this team could make the playoffs

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
As long as Matt Nagy is not calling plays, I don't care who the interim head coach is.

It's way too early to say anything definitive about Desai just yet. Aside from being able to generate more pressure, I'm not sure what I like more about this defense than the Pagano one right now. They're still not getting off the field on 3rd downs, and it might be even worse this year. They've gone 2 out of 3 games without generating a turnover. The tackling and communication remains very poor in the secondary..

I'm also not in love with the idea of hiring a defensive head coach. The Bears might have a franchise quarterback finally, and the last thing you want to do is having him going through a new offensive system every year. If he's good, the new OC will get a HC job somewhere, and if he's bad, then you'll have to fire the guy and get a new one. Seems like a lose/lose situation, in my opinion.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wouldn't want Lazor or Desai. Just because they deal with enough ingame. Let them call plays, and let someone else deal with all the head coach duties.

KoaTheBearFan

Liked Posts:
Pettine as interim HC, simply because he has experience, can handle it, and can focus on managing details Nagy should have been doing all along. Lazor at OC and Desai obviously stays as DC.
Mike Pettine served as HC for the Browns and DC for the Packers. He has been in the league for 17 years. I think he would be the best choice as the interim coach.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The crazy thing is I think the coaching staff is pretty decent even on offense but Nagy really should relegate himself to role of head cheerleader.

Tabor has the special teams playing considerably better than they did in pre-season.

Flip, Lazor and Castillo all have had success in other programs.

Desai is showing he can handle his role and Pettine has been a head coach.

Nagy really is the weak link. In 2018 when there were some games that looked like they had a plan on offense, they made a point of running the offense through the TEs and building off that. That’s why Burton missing that playoff game was so critical. Nagy had no idea how to adjust.

I realize we don’t have Kelce but Kmet and Graham are both better than Burton and Nagy seems to have forgotten what really makes the KC offense go.

All that said, I’d pump the brakes on Desai being the head coach. The easiest path to cleaning this situation up is handing the play sheet to Lazor.