Who should be interim HC?

• Nagy - I am a Nagy stan so will ride or die with him until the end

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
The quick fix is to relieve Nagy of play calling..Give him the option of that, or to be permanently replaced as HC.

Then look for a new HC off season

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Terrible options to replace a terrible head coach... this is a sign of how piss-poor the front office is.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Not against it. Might be a couple years too early to put him at top of the list. But said it at end of last season when there was a 1% chance naggy would get fired that we should consider a defensive minded hc.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Pace should put the headphones on. Fire Nagy and stand behind the product you put on the field. If you succeed, you get to choose another HC. Let the coordinators do their job.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Funny how after the Rams people were dancing on his grave and blaming him for the players being stupid.

It seems clear now that the guy can coach. The Browns are the No 1 pass blocking OL and No 1 run blocking OL and for a decent part of the game, the Bears mauled them in the passing game.

If the D continues to play well, we may be looking at a Bradon Staley situation where a young from Bears D assistant takes ocer the reins of team with a 2nd year QB.

Still too early but one thing is for sure. Desai is already better than Pagano. Sorry @msadows.

Honestly I would fire Nagy and make Desai interim HC and Lazor OC. Let this be a season long audition for Desai for the permanent job.
Unbelievable how much crap Desai was getting after one game. Honestly, I don't care about HC as long as it's determined that Lazor gets the O, calls plays, makes in game choices and creates the game plan. I suppose Desai could make some of those in game choices as well but the O has more say in terms of clock etc. Nagy can continue to cheer lead until we can find a guy that knows both sides of the ball well enough to help his coordinators game plan and make in game adjustments for both.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The quick fix is to relieve Nagy of play calling..Give him the option of that, or to be permanently replaced as HC.

Then look for a new HC off season
That's not a good fix.. if Nagy is so dumb that he keeps fucking up simple concepts then why do we want him in charge of the development of fields?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't want Lazor or Desai. Just because they deal with enough ingame. Let them call plays, and let someone else deal with all the head coach duties.
Like having a head coach who lets his offensive coordinator focus on the offense? That'd be weird.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LOL, Desai has been a position coach for 2 years, a DC for 3 games with a defense ranked 20th in points allowed and your crowning him as better than Pagano and ready to make him a interim HC auditioning for a permanent position? Talk about jumping to conclusions.
FYI The Pagano Bears last season had given up less yards per play and 15 less points, 5 less per game than Desai's. Maybe Pagan is available to be interim HC.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Joe Brady as the next HC.

Also, the game could have been a lot worse if Baker was a better QB than just being a game manager. He will be the reason they wont win it all. He missed on several easy throws out there that would have been TD's

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Funny how after the Rams people were dancing on his grave and blaming him for the players being stupid.

It seems clear now that the guy can coach. The Browns are the No 1 pass blocking OL and No 1 run blocking OL and for a decent part of the game, the Bears mauled them in the passing game.

If the D continues to play well, we may be looking at a Bradon Staley situation where a young from Bears D assistant takes ocer the reins of team with a 2nd year QB.

Still too early but one thing is for sure. Desai is already better than Pagano. Sorry @msadows.

Honestly I would fire Nagy and make Desai interim HC and Lazor OC. Let this be a season long audition for Desai for the permanent job.
Ummmmmmmm we all know we need a new HC but no i'm not putting Desai in that kind of position 3 games into being a first time DC. I'm putting M.Pettine in their at HC and letting Lazor call plays for the rest of the season or if they wanted to go with J.DeFilippo calling plays then i'd be good with that. Anyone is better than M.Nagy.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do a little research dude.
Did someone piss in your cornflakes.... 0 to bitch pretty quickly

Not sure they raise Pettine from defensive assistant to HC....and someone without experience as HC might be worse at this point, and the Bears don't fire a HC mid season

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Did someone piss in your cornflakes.... 0 to bitch pretty quickly

Not sure they raise Pettine from defensive assistant to HC....and someone without experience as HC might be worse at this point, and the Bears don't fire a HC mid season
Pettine was HC of the Browns in their bad days but he does have HC experience and has been in the NFL coaching for a while. I'd be fine with him just to finish this season.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pettine was HC of the Browns in their bad days but he does have HC experience and has been in the NFL coaching for a while. I'd be fine with him just to finish this season.
I realized that afterwards. My response to that is above

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No one had pining for Desai after week three on their bingo card. Damn, Nagy is str8 fucking the Bears fanbase up. Lazor, if anyone, because he has more experience and is in charge of the Bears most important player.

The issue with Lazor is dont think he is a long term solution as if the NFL thought he had HC potential he would already be one. So you would just waste this season trying out a guy that isnt really HC material. With Desai or DeFillipo I think you are talking a guy that was already a HC and one that is well regarded by multiple NFL coaches.

The bigger issue is I would want him solely focused on being the OC. Not convinced he would not be a disaster too trying to be head coach and OC. I think there are few guys that can juggle being HC and calling plays as just too much to do. I have less concern on the D side and with Desai since he isnt that far removed from doing all the detailed work that would be necessary to juggle a DC and HC dual role.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The Bears should promote EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE HEAD COACH - ROBYN WILKEY

She would be the first female HC, and would likely develop a game plan that would put Nagy to shame.

My wife is always providing little suggestions that make total sense, like....

Why do they run right into the middle where all the big guys are?
Why is that guy flying like a bird and completely missing that tackle?
Why did he throw that pass to the other team?
Why can't everyone kick the ball like Justin Tucker?

No matter if we have a suitable replacement or not, Nagy needs to go.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Make Pettine the head coach on an interim basis and Lazor the OC. Finish the season and clean house.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Apparently Desai is allowing DBs to try to 'shoulder bump' ball carriers instead of tackling them. (Like Jackson's attempt to shouler bump RB Hunt, instead of making a fundamental tackle.) This has been going on a long time. Buck stops on Desai for this failure.

I haven't seen enough from Desai to say he's a better choice than a hundred other candidates.

I would pick Lasor over Desai, simply because when he took over play calling from Nagy, the Bears jumped to 30+ pts per game. Desai hasn't had the same success yet.

He isnt allowing anything. Bears plays are judt dumb.

Also the Bears jumped to 30+ because the teams were bad. Not that hard. Lazor took over during the soft part of the schedule.

He has been an average OC his entire career and quite frankly needs to focus on being OC as there is nore work he has to do with the O than Desai has to do on D. Making Lazor HC and OC is a recipe for him failing as too much to do.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL @ calling out people for reacting after one game and then two sentences later offering a first year DC a HC position because of two games.

This is quite faulty logic. I think everyone here supports firing Nagy post haste so someone has to be Head Coach. Desai currently oversees the best performing unit and has better long term prospects as a HC than anyone else.

However feel free to vote for sticking with Nagy or one of the other options.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Pettine is the choice I’d make. I would want Lazor and Flip to just concentrate on offense not be the HC. Desai needs to continue focusing on being a DC.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As long as Matt Nagy is not calling plays, I don't care who the interim head coach is.

It's way too early to say anything definitive about Desai just yet. Aside from being able to generate more pressure, I'm not sure what I like more about this defense than the Pagano one right now. They're still not getting off the field on 3rd downs, and it might be even worse this year. They've gone 2 out of 3 games without generating a turnover. The tackling and communication remains very poor in the secondary..

I'm also not in love with the idea of hiring a defensive head coach. The Bears might have a franchise quarterback finally, and the last thing you want to do is having him going through a new offensive system every year. If he's good, the new OC will get a HC job somewhere, and if he's bad, then you'll have to fire the guy and get a new one. Seems like a lose/lose situation, in my opinion.

Unless you get lucky, an OC and HC combo actually has a poor record of success.

Harbaugh, Bellichek, Tomlin have been more stable than a lot of these geniuses that want to play a dual role.

McVay could save Goff. Shanny could save JG. Reid continues to abandon the run too much.