Sean Desai for Head Coach

Who should be interim HC?

• Nagy - I am a Nagy stan so will ride or die with him until the end

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Despite week 1, the defense has had 2 good games. The pass rush is significantly better this season and the defense is playing well with less talent than they had last year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For those saying Pettine, dont think he offers a solution long term as would not consider him for the long term job.

The goal here is two fold. Get rid of Nagy and audition someone that if they rally the team could be under consideration for the gig next year along with outside candidates.

To me that is really only DeFillipo and Desai. Lazor and Pettine are not guys I would consider long term.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently Desai is allowing DBs to try to 'shoulder bump' ball carriers instead of tackling them. (Like Jackson's attempt to shouler bump RB Hunt, instead of making a fundamental tackle.) This has been going on a long time. Buck stops on Desai for this failure.

I haven't seen enough from Desai to say he's a better choice than a hundred other candidates.

How many years does Eddie Jackson need to be playing football for Nick Saban or the NFL before it is fair to blame him for his own blunders? Would ten be enough? Twelve?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL, Desai has been a position coach for 2 years, a DC for 3 games with a defense ranked 20th in points allowed and your crowning him as better than Pagano and ready to make him a interim HC auditioning for a permanent position? Talk about jumping to conclusions.
FYI The Pagano Bears last season had given up less yards per play and 15 less points, 5 less per game than Desai's. Maybe Pagan is available to be interim HC.

The Pagao D had Kyle Fuller at CB and Goldman the year before. There is no one you can say looked like they played better under Pagano from Fangio. By contrast Quinn already looks better than under Pagano and Desai is already more creative such as lining up Mack and Quinn on the same side of the field.

You are also ignoring that at this stage there are only so many in house options. So rather than whining, who is your choice.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How many years does Eddie Jackson need to be playing football for Nick Saban or the NFL before it is fair to blame him for his own blunders? Would ten be enough? Twelve?

Yeah there is a reason he was a 4th rounder and no it wasnt all due to injury.

The dude still has the exact same flaws. Still a shitty tackler. Still gets caught looking at the QB and still abandons his deep responsibility as we saw against the Rams and Packers..
  • Grab and drag tackler
  • Will do what he has to against the run, but he's not going to be a tone-setter with his hitting
  • Can get too cute trying to stay glued to the quarterback's eyes rather than triggering towards his boundary help over the top
  • Will occasionally lose track of his deep ball responsibility
There comes a point where it is obvious the problem is the player not the coaches. Dude has had Saban, Fangio and Pagano teaching him before Desai. He is just a reckless idiot sometimes.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The Pagao D had Kyle Fuller at CB and Goldman the year before. There is no one you can say looked like they played better under Pagano from Fangio. By contrast Quinn already looks better than under Pagano and Desai is already more creative such as lining up Mack and Quinn on the same side of the field.

You are also ignoring that at this stage there are only so many in house options. So rather than whining, who is your choice.
Talk about ignoring,ignore the fact that last season to this point the defense was significantly better at PPG, ignore that Goldman also didn't play last season, ignore that Desai would possibly be the most inexperienced HC in NFL history, ignore that you falsely claimed he is the leader of the best unit on the team.

You are basing making him a HC on the fact his defense has played well in 7 quarters vs playing like ass in 5 quarters as his entire DC resume. Brilliant.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
For those saying Pettine, dont think he offers a solution long term as would not consider him for the long term job.

The goal here is two fold. Get rid of Nagy and audition someone that if they rally the team could be under consideration for the gig next year along with outside candidates.

To me that is really only DeFillipo and Desai. Lazor and Pettine are not guys I would consider long term.
To be honest, they shouldn't be looking for a long term solution on this staff.

Pettine is perfect, because Desai and Lazor can focus on being coordinators. Desai needs to focus on that job. He is showing promise, but let's see what he looks like after playing division teams twice and they adjust to him.

If he works out, and the Bears hire an offensive coach Desai can be considered for retention and there's is continuity on that side of the ball. That's the ideal scenario for me.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:

Attachments

• E_sueDgXIAI-o3C.jpeg
    E_sueDgXIAI-o3C.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 3

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Did someone piss in your cornflakes.... 0 to bitch pretty quickly

Not sure they raise Pettine from defensive assistant to HC....and someone without experience as HC might be worse at this point, and the Bears don't fire a HC mid season

LOL. You said no one on the team has head coaching experience. I pointed out you were wrong. Sorry I made you cry.

Last edited:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On this current staff, I think Desai is the only one with potential HC qualities. His unit is the only unit actually playing decently and so far much better than last year. Flip was an OC for the Vikings and he got demoted/fired because he wouldn't run the ball with Dalvin Cook

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Talk about ignoring,ignore the fact that last season to this point the defense was significantly better at PPG, ignore that Goldman also didn't play last season, ignore that Desai would possibly be the most inexperienced HC in NFL history, ignore that you falsely claimed he is the leader of the best unit on the team.

You are basing making him a HC on the fact his defense has played well in 7 quarters vs playing like ass in 5 quarters as his entire DC resume. Brilliant.

This is such a dumb argument. We have played the team that looks like the NFC Super Bowl favorites after the Rams smashed the Bucs D and the Browns who were 11-5 last year and had the No 1 rated pass blocking and run blocking OL. Thru the first week last year, we played 3 absolutely shitty teams in the Lions, Giants and Falcons none of whom finished above .500.

So let's pause for the moment. If you can't understand the difference between playing the Lions, Giants and Falcons vs the Rams, Bengals and Browns then there is no point proceeding. I am basing making him HC on the fact the D is miles better than the O and I prefer him over the O candidates. Again, instead of whining explain who you would go with if Nagy is fired and way.

P.S. The Bears O is 2nd to last in points and last in yards. The D is clearly better and thus the best unit on the team.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To be honest, they shouldn't be looking for a long term solution on this staff.

Pettine is perfect, because Desai and Lazor can focus on being coordinators. Desai needs to focus on that job. He is showing promise, but let's see what he looks like after playing division teams twice and they adjust to him.

If he works out, and the Bears hire an offensive coach Desai can be considered for retention and there's is continuity on that side of the ball. That's the ideal scenario for me.

They should be looking at a solution any and everywhere. Desai simply gets this year to audition for the job and if he is not ready but shows promise then he can possibly be retained as a DC. If he blows then he can be fired with the rest of the staff. If he shows that he is up to the task then he can be considered for HC along with external candidates. It would be foolish if Nagy is fired to waste evaluating the only guy with likely HC potential by giving the interim job to someone that has no shot at HC.

Let's say we clean house and Nagy and Pace are fired. I would much rather have 14 games to evaluate Desai as a HC plus any external candidates vs wasting those 14 games with Pettine who at least for me has no shot at the job. The point is to give the person making the decision the most information to evaluate.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
On this current staff, I think Desai is the only one with potential HC qualities. His unit is the only unit actually playing decently and so far much better than last year. Flip was an OC for the Vikings and he got demoted/fired because he wouldn't run the ball with Dalvin Cook

Exactly. Unless you are telling me you would consider Lazor, DeFillipo or Pettine for HC, making them interim HC is a waste. We aren't going anywhere this year, the two coaches on O need to spend all their time fixing the O so the only value this year is seeing if we have a Brandon Staley on our hands with Desai or not.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Nobody on the team has been an NFL head coach. I don’t see the Bears pulling the trigger and naming an interim
There is one big hurdle for an early firing, Ryan Pace. He is tied to Nagy, once he fires Nagy, he knows he is firing himself.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is one big hurdle for an early firing, Ryan Pace. He is tied to Nagy, once he fires Nagy, he knows he is firing himself.

So we should fire Pace and Nagy and just hire a new GM that can then evaluate the interim HC.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
They should be looking at a solution any and everywhere. Desai simply gets this year to audition for the job and if he is not ready but shows promise then he can possibly be retained as a DC. If he blows then he can be fired with the rest of the staff. If he shows that he is up to the task then he can be considered for HC along with external candidates. It would be foolish if Nagy is fired to waste evaluating the only guy with likely HC potential by giving the interim job to someone that has no shot at HC.

Let's say we clean house and Nagy and Pace are fired. I would much rather have 14 games to evaluate Desai as a HC plus any external candidates vs wasting those 14 games with Pettine who at least for me has no shot at the job. The point is to give the person making the decision the most information to evaluate.
He has been a coordinator for three games, after being a position coach for two years, and he should be focusing on that job. What in those three games shows you he is ready to be a HC?

He's already one of the least experienced coordinators in the league. Let him do it for at least a year before we crown him a HC candidate. He's kind of taken a similar pro career path as Nagy so far. Right now, It's more valuable to evaluate him as a DC.