What do you think about Greg Roman (Ravens OC)?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
What do you guys think about Roman after this week?
I get to see him every week, but you guys likely paid a little more attention this week.

My take is that this year the Ravens have trailed in too many games, but have done everything necessary to win several of them.

What this tells me is that Roman is capable of in game adjustments and needs to be better at attacking early in the game.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Reigns? I like the tribal chief gimmick however he has ran through all the faces on smack down

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
GetRoman.com a proud sponsor of the Hoge & Jahns podcast.

Ive wanted to use this joke in the past but kept forgetting. F u
You’re welcome!

You probably had a better line for it too!

Thatll teach ya!

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What was there to like from either team on Sunday. It was ugly af. Bears games look like a different sport from the rest of the league.

Greg Roman does not interest me.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What was there to like from either team on Sunday. It was ugly af. Bears games look like a different sport from the rest of the league.

Greg Roman does not interest me.
Outside of Andrews and their FB, there was no one there worth mentioning in the game. Their injury report was worse than the Bears.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what to think. On one hand the Bears defense seems to fall apart right when needed. And on the other hand the Ravens are on their 5th string RB and starting an UDFA backup QB. They had no receivers and besude Mark Andrew's had no viable offensive weapons.

So with that said I feel like the Ravens did well to win field position the whole first half and produce anything on offense. They did well to scheme up a few easy 3rd down conversions.

Still am interested to see if the book is out on his offense after what Miami did to them. Right now I prefer the Bills OC.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Roman has his warts that's for certain. An upgrade over Nagy? Absolutely but that's not saying much.

My biggest fear with him is getting Fields killed by running him too often. Fields isn't Jackson athletically and never will be.

I could see it already this board going into a meltdown over how many unnecessary shots Fields takes under Roman. He takes too many as it is now. His NFL shelf life would most likely go down under Roman.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Hiring a coach is hard. Doing it from an 'armchair' perspective is almost impossible.

What do we know about Greg Roman? Well we can google his name and get look at his work history, but what does that even mean? That's not even the resume he'd submit for the job, so us as fans really don't have anything to go on. Add in that we aren't a part of the interview process and almost every name we'd come up with is fairly weak.

Now add in that we don't even see the posting. You can assume all HC jobs are the same, but the truth is all teams are unique and it's not like one coach would succeed in all cities.

So we don't really know the job posting, can't see the candidate's resume and aren't even a fly on the wall for the interviews.

With my Eagles since the Andy Reid departure I've heard a lot about their process of identifying key traits of coaching success and they evaluate that process with each hire. That brought me Chip Kelly, Doug Pedersen and now Nick Siriani. Those are 3 very different people with very different backgrounds, so it's hard from an outsider to even figure out what the team is looking for, let alone try to identify successful candidates.

My bet is the Bears have a similar roadmap for hiring a coach. It might be in the hands of Pace or Ted, but someone has put thought into it.

If you want just to throw out a name then let's go with Eric Bieniemy. The logic behind that name is that I've heard it mentioned a lot. That's right. I'm essentially a parrot in this search. I have no idea what team we are talking about and who else if even in the conversation, but Bieniemy is my guy.... for no reason other than I've heard his name a lot....

Yikes!

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's a good coordinator no doubt in that. I wouldn't hate it if Bears hired him but he wouldn't be my first choice.

Agree with OP that said rushing for 1,000 yards per season is a risky move. Fields have a decent arm on him, use it.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
roman seems to do well with designing the run game but the struggles come from when the running game becomes ineffective or if they are behind in the score. bears would do better with someone who's more balanced

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t watch enough Ravens football to have an educated opinion. That said, my biggest concern is the fact that he is hated in Baltimore and fans can’t wait until he’s gone. Plus he has 0 HC experience which I think should be a requirement for the next bears HC.

I’m sick of watching a coach learn on the job at the expense of the Bears

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's probably way better than Nagy. Matt Nagy is Trestman-esque. I probably would still rather have someone else. We need a good head coach. The offense of the Bears is obviously a huge problem. But outside of that, the discipline, preparedness, intelligence, toughness, etc. of this team is just not there. And that's on the head coach.

I think we probably need to not think of a head coach in terms of "we have to have the best offensive mind". We need a guy that understands that we need to tailor our offense to Fields' strengths, but if all he is is an offensive guy, the other bullshit this team lacks won't get cleaned up. We need a real leader. A coach that doesn't need to try to understand the whys. He already knows, and he adjusts on the fly and keeps his team disciplined.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don’t watch enough Ravens football to have an educated opinion. That said, my biggest concern is the fact that he is hated in Baltimore and fans can’t wait until he’s gone. Plus he has 0 HC experience which I think should be a requirement for the next bears HC.

I’m sick of watching a coach learn on the job at the expense of the Bears
But any coach with HC experience has been fired for his failure as a HC, so not sure that should be a prerequisite. An Andy Reid, long time successful HC that just sort of wore out his welcome type guy isn't out there. I mean if Mike Zimmer becomes available, does he shoot to the top of your list?