Score reporting Thursday will be Nagys last game

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
What would be the benefit of waiting til after the Thanksgiving Day game?
Not that there would be any benefit.. I just think they're going to wait til after Thanksgiving to do it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The moment I thought this was bullshit was when the guy who was the source came on the Score this morning. He sounded like he really didn't know what he was talking about. I think it was a mistake for the Score to assume this guy was right and release the info early.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not that there would be any benefit.. I just think they're going to wait til after Thanksgiving to do it.
Makes no sense. They win the game and announce Nagy is fired? This is something that happens right after the final straw is broken, like right after when you lose to a team without their best stars while you fold like an accordion in the waning minutes.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
its a win either way...if nagy gets fired after the lions game then great, if not there is no doubt he is being after at the end of the season. the only reason i think nagy gets fired early is so mccaskey and co can possibly evaluate if the talent pace added was being held back by nagy's ineptitude and if so pace may get another shot or was the talent pace added just flat out bad and if thats the case he's gone too.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Makes no sense. They win the game and announce Nagy is fired? This is something that happens right after the final straw is broken, like right after when you lose to a team without their best stars while you fold like an accordion in the waning minutes.

There would only be 2-3 days to prepare if they fired him after Sunday's game. You have 9-10 days to prepare if you fire him after Thursday.

You may not like it but allowing an interim HC more time to get past the distraction of an in season firing makes sense.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Hell yeah. And the Giants just fired Jason Garret! So watch the Bears hire Garrett and possibly be worse than this staff.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
its a win either way...if nagy gets fired after the lions game then great, if not there is no doubt he is being after at the end of the season. the only reason i think nagy gets fired early is so mccaskey and co can possibly evaluate if the talent pace added was being held back by nagy's ineptitude and if so pace may get another shot or was the talent pace added just flat out bad and if thats the case he's gone too.
Not a win either way. Who the fuck can put up with Nagy for the rest of the season, a season that's even longer now. Remove the main source of the problem to see what you have going forward.

Not even about Pace. He'll get a promotion for absolutely sucking as GM.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
There would only be 2-3 days to prepare if they fired him after Sunday's game. You have 9-10 days to prepare if you fire him after Thursday.

You may not like it but allowing an interim HC more time to get past the distraction of an in season firing makes sense.
You don't prepare for the Lions. They beat themselves. No need to overthink it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You don't prepare for the Lions. They beat themselves. No need to overthink it.

Again you can disagree with it but that would be the clear logic.

We lost to the Lions last year.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nagy isn’t going anywhere lol

BBBF

Liked Posts:
Hell yeah. And the Giants just fired Jason Garret! So watch the Bears hire Garrett and possibly be worse than this staff.
So anyone betting that Nagy would be the first coach fired just got screwed.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again you can disagree with it but that would be the clear logic.

We lost to the Lions last year.
You're still talking about coaches who are in on game planning every week. They don't need any more time than usual, you're just removing a coach who's game planning has proven to be very shitty anyway.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
All I know is the Bears play the Cardinals at home next week. And they are likely to get steam rolled. If Nagy is still coaching that game, the booing will make the booing in the Trestman era sound like love chants.