Score reporting Thursday will be Nagys last game

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're still talking about coaches who are in on game planning every week. They don't need any more time than usual, you're just removing a coach who's game planning has proven to be very shitty anyway.

I am not arguing I dont understand your point. I am telling you the counter argument still makes sense. You would want the interim HC to have more time to deal with the fallout of a midseason firing.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Not a win either way. Who the fuck can put up with Nagy for the rest of the season, a season that's even longer now. Remove the main source of the problem to see what you have going forward.

Not even about Pace. He'll get a promotion for absolutely sucking as GM.
apparently this organization as they have never fired a HC during the season, the season length doesnt matter as with the new rule they have to fire nagy if they want to start interviewing candidates early.
i'll take pace over sweaty teddy any day and if pace absolutely sucked then what does that make emery...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
apparently this organization as they have never fired a HC during the season, the season length doesnt matter as with the new rule they have to fire nagy if they want to start interviewing candidates early.
i'll take pace over sweaty teddy any day and if pace absolutely sucked then what does that make emery...
You're a Bears fan, you're used to them doing dumb shit. It doesn't make the shit they do any less dumb.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFLN had the reporter on that broke the story.. Mark Konkol, who said its a good source and we will have to wait to see what happens after Thursday.

Mark didn't sound too educated though

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I really hope this is true. This is an atrocious offense. I have seen enough hitch routes, bad time outs and personal packages to last me a life time

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
For those that believe this report…

Let’s say hypothetically the bears convincingly beat the Lions…

The Bears are going to hold a press conference Friday that Nagy is being relieved?

I just don’t see it. If you’re telling me next loss it makes it more credible IMO.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if this report is true.,...not saying its not, WHY NOT JUST FIRE HIS ASS NOW?
giphy.gif

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
1637693993316.png1637694039955.png

Are we sure this Konkol guy isn't just LaCanfora in a fedora and with a bad beard?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
For those that believe this report…

Let’s say hypothetically the bears convincingly beat the Lions…

The Bears are going to hold a press conference Friday that Nagy is being relieved?

I just don’t see it. If you’re telling me next loss it makes it more credible IMO.
I’m not saying I 100% believe the report but I do think there can be some truth to it. If it’s true, then the decision has been made whether the Bears win or lose on Thursday. I think it’s more than W/L. I think the players are turning on Nagy and the FO notices that.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reporter on NFLN said that the "Fire Nagy" chants at the Bulls game resonated with the Bears FO

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Sounds like classic counterintelligence. Tell a few different stories to a few different people and see which one comes out.

If Nagy isn't fired on Thursday, someone else might be.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if I am reading this right, Nagy has been already informed Thursday will be his last game. So they will trot out a dead man to act as head coach on Thanksgiving Day and then officially fire him...also on Thanksgiving Day???

That is cold as ice.

I mean I love it, but it does not sound like something the McCaskeys would have the stones to do.

Prove me wrong, Virginia!
No, apparently a source informed this guy who's never been a football "insider" that the plan is to fire Nagy after that game but Nagy hasn't been told about it yet.

I think Virginia is like the POTUS, brain dead and really has no thoughts of her own. People around her just tell her what to think.