For All the Cole Kmet SLANDER

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I don't understand the need for him to be categorized as either a bust or an elite TE. He wasn't drafted as an elite TE. He was taken in the second round. Hockenson, Fant, Fitts, all were taken in the first and drafted like top tier tight ends.

Kmet is right on schedule. He can help in the passing game, help pass blocking, help run blocking, and add additional aggression. He may never be an 80 1000 10 TD guy, but he may be a 60 800 6 TD who can block as his career develops. And that's a good TE1

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand the need for him to be categorized as either a bust or an elite TE. He wasn't drafted as an elite TE. He was taken in the second round. Hockenson, Fant, Fitts, all were taken in the first and drafted like top tier tight ends.

Kmet is right on schedule. He can help in the passing game, help pass blocking, help run blocking, and add additional aggression. He may never be an 80 1000 10 TD guy, but he may be a 60 800 6 TD who can block as his career develops. And that's a good TE1
He was the first TE taken in the draft. His receiving production is ok. I like the fact that is average per pass is going up along with his targets. His TD production is pretty bad tho. Not sure if it is him not being productive in the red zone or this offense. I think it is both with an eye towards the latter. Kmet seems to disappear at times and those times seem to be in the red zone.

That being said, asking this team to perform with some of the game plans being used is a bit of a tall order.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
He was the first TE taken in the draft. His receiving production is ok. I like the fact that is average per pass is going up along with his targets. His TD production is pretty bad tho. Not sure if it is him not being productive in the red zone or this offense. I think it is both with an eye towards the latter. Kmet seems to disappear at times and those times seem to be in the red zone.

That being said, asking this team to perform with some of the game plans being used is a bit of a tall order.
The first TE taken in the draft means nothing when had he been taken the year before hed have been the third or fourth.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The first TE taken in the draft means nothing when had he been taken the year before hed have been the third or fourth.
The expectations for him were a little higher whether you agree with it or not. Whileit takes a little longer for TEs to get up to speed in the NFL I think his red zone production is lagging. His drops are a bit annoying as well.

That part of his game is lacking. He also does not look athletic at times. If he is going to prove worthy of a second round pick, he will need to produce in the red zone, get more consistent with his hands, and look the part running routes more often.

Barring injury, next year, is going to be make or break for him as a Bear in my opinion.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It comes up a lot as if he is a great blocker but his run block grade is 59.5 and his pass block grade is 37.8. He can put his body in the way of people sometimes but let us not pretend he is great blocker.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
It comes up a lot as if he is a great blocker but his run block grade is 59.5 and his pass block grade is 37.8. He can put his body in the way of people sometimes but let us not pretend he is great blocker.
I mean…. People can use mental gymnastics all they want, but if Pace told everyone he was drafting a blocking TE in the second round right after he was drafted, no one would be happy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
not really surprise for either player considering they ended up on the 2 worst offenses in the league the last 3 years

If year 2 = 60 catches 600 yards that is a nice step

Next season under new coach you look for for more redzone impact and improved blocking

Except of cources Graham and Horstadd have caught TDs with far less opportunities.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kmet still plays soft. That man needs to get angry. Play harder. He's SO BIG, use that frame and a head of steam to plow over those DBs like Gronk and Kelce and Waller do. JFC.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He played well yesterday but the haters will never say so.
I think he played well for the most part but the haters will always want him to be more like Gronk or Kelce……guys who have had pretty decent quarterbacks throwing to them.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think he played well for the most part but the haters will always want him to be more like Bronk or Kelce……guys who have had pretty decent quarterbacks throwing to them.
Or the "haters" expect a TE to not play like paper mache in the endzone and grab a TD pass.

Also, who is Bronk?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Surprised me last night when the announcers informed us that Kmet was the Bear's #2 in catches on the roster.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Except of cources Graham and Horstadd have caught TDs with far less opportunities.

mostly in plays designed to get them the ball .

How many Kmet plays have you seen ? There are times where he doesn't even get targeted at all and is completely forgotten within the offensive scheme

Horsted has been targeted 3 times this season

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Surprised me last night when the announcers informed us that Kmet was the Bear's #2 in catches on the roster.

but didn't you hear hes a bust because he doesn't have a bunch of td catches on a offense that doesn't score tds at all.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
The expectations for him were a little higher whether you agree with it or not. Whileit takes a little longer for TEs to get up to speed in the NFL I think his red zone production is lagging. His drops are a bit annoying as well.

That part of his game is lacking. He also does not look athletic at times. If he is going to prove worthy of a second round pick, he will need to produce in the red zone, get more consistent with his hands, and look the part running routes more often.

Barring injury, next year, is going to be make or break for him as a Bear in my opinion.
How much of the lack of red zone production do you think has to do with Jimmy Graham being on the team and getting literally almost all the red zone looks on pass plays?