OT: Shouldn’t we be applauding Antonio Brown?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If Antonio Brown leaving his team and potentially the NFL turns out to be related to his mental health, shouldn’t we applaud him for walking away?

I thought we call athletes heroes when they walk away in the middle of a competition due to mental health issues? Did I miss a memo somewhere?

0E637056-6924-4E76-BDF8-EC04E32BAE6F.jpeg

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Simone most definitely needs to be applauded but as for AB... Most of the time being an egotistical, self-centered asshole is not a mental health disorder.
I’m talking specifically about walking away in the middle of a competition, which could absolutely be a mental health issue for Brown. Assholes can have legitimate mental health problems too.

But I’m seeing a bunch of stuff today about how he let his team down and wasn’t there to compete when his teammates needed him to.

Just trying to figure out when someone’s a hero and when they’re a quitter. What I’m hearing is that if fans don’t like you, you’re a quitter. If fans like you, you’re a hero. That about right?

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he truly left because of mental health issues, then good for him. Except, the proper thing would have been to finish out the game or not play at all.

But as it stands, combined with his history, he looks like a clown for his latest stunt.

BUT, I do hope he gets the help he desperately needs.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Someone's a hero when they address it before sexually assaulting multiple women, trashing everyone in the steelers organization, having an altercation with the gm of his next team, assaulting another pedestrian, duping the bucs franchise so he can do what he wants, then shitting on them during a game. I hope he gets help but comparing him and biles is incredibly fucking ignorant.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m talking specifically about walking away in the middle of a competition, which could absolutely be a mental health issue for Brown. Assholes can have legitimate mental health problems too.

But I’m seeing a bunch of stuff today about how he let his team down and wasn’t there to compete when his teammates needed him to.

Just trying to figure out when someone’s a hero and when they’re a quitter. What I’m hearing is that if fans don’t like you, you’re a quitter. If fans like you, you’re a hero. That about right?

how about you just say what you mean and quit it with this disingenuous nonsense.

go ahead and just say it

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If he truly left because of mental health issues, then good for him. Except, the proper thing would have been to finish out the game or not play at all.

But as it stands, combined with his history, he looks like a clown for his latest stunt.

BUT, I do hope he gets the help he desperately needs.
That’s fair

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m more interested about my neighbor shoveling snow from their driveway right now onto the street. Should we applaud this asshole or fine him

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree. But he has a questionable history. But that may just mean he really needs help. And if he needs to quit in the middle of a game, then do it! Good for him.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
How many posters here have mental illness? Betting 22%

Toast88

Liked Posts:
how about you just say what you mean and quit it with this disingenuous nonsense.

go ahead and just say it
Ok, fair enough: I don’t think an athlete’s likeability should determine whether they’re a hero or a villain for walking away from their team in the middle of a mental health crisis.