***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Question for you all. Is the reason that Bears can’t get Harbaugh because McCaskeys are cheap?

Before you get all bent out of shape about it being a ‘“false narrative” hear me out. When it comes to players, management and ownership are ok with spending salary cap money on large contracts and picks for acquisitions, but when it comes to spending out of pocket for a manager -do those wallets close up? In other words we won’t even come close to what it would take to outbid the raiders?

feels like we won’t even be in the conversation. Probably will be in the conversation and pay market price for a coach but we aren’t breakin the bank for anyonez

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yes and if you knew what was going on behind the scenes, your complaints would make sense.

Correct.
Not really complaining. Just pointing out the obvious that there is an actual reason why there is a normal hiring process.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Question for you all. Is the reason that Bears can’t get Harbaugh because McCaskeys are cheap?

Before you get all bent out of shape about it being a ‘“false narrative” hear me out. When it comes to players, management and ownership are ok with spending salary cap money on large contracts and picks for acquisitions, but when it comes to spending out of pocket for a manager -do those wallets close up? In other words we won’t even come close to what it would take to outbid the raiders?

feels like we won’t even be in the conversation. Probably will be in the conversation and pay market price for a coach but we aren’t breakin the bank for anyonez
We don’t need to pay extra for a big name. We just need a solid GM and HC. Harbaugh is neither.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We don’t need to pay extra for a big name. We just need a solid GM and HC. Harbaugh is neither.
If you want to argue that the success of his teams was due to others on the staff, like Roman and Fangio, well you still run into the fact that he was the head coach and had them as coordinators. Also he has the most experience of any coach who is getting serious consideration in this cycle. I personally think that is worth a premium, but do not see us paying it.

others have said we are looking for “yes men”, but I consider that secondary. They are typically yes men because of their lack of experience. Fox is the only one in recent memory that had experience and I think that we got lucky a good deal because Denver was kicking his ass out. Anyways, not holding my breath for harbaugh

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

It’s all pure speculation with Harbaugh. No one knows anything really. I do think if he wanted to come here they’d pay. But that’s just my personal take.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s all pure speculation with Harbaugh. No one knows anything really. I do think if he wanted to come here they’d pay. But that’s just my personal take.
Absolutely.

well you’d think they would understand that a successful team is a more profitable team, but these guys seem intent on cutting corners and pinching pennies whenever possible. Just my opinion.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

No. It is because if the Raiders offer Gruden like contract of 10 years and 100m, the Bears would be stupid to match. No coach without a SB title is worth that much. In fact, the only guy I would sign to a deal like that would be a young Bellichek after he won a few SBs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It's gotta be something even crazier than a genie at this point after trading a 1st for Carson Wentz.

He must be holding NFL journalists at gun point somewhere right now until they fire off another positive tweet about him.
I don't see alot of NFL journalists praising him. Mostly the praise comes from CCS members simply because the Bears did not hire him, so they push the narrative that he has done a great job.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Absolutely.

well you’d think they would understand that a successful team is a more profitable team, but these guys seem intent on cutting corners and pinching pennies whenever possible. Just my opinion.
This GM and HC hire needs to last before the new stadium is built and they move in. They need Bears fans and Chicago Business' to be excited for the Bears. They would pay a fair salary. Maybe 8-9 mill a year. If Harbaugh wants a Super Bowl like his brother, Chicago is the place to get it. He would be like Ditka all over again. He can get more power and has a QB which is the hardest piece.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not really complaining. Just pointing out the obvious that there is an actual reason why there is a normal hiring process.

Sure and there is an actual reason why the Bears are not hiring a GM first before conducting HC interviews because they don't want to miss out on someone given other teams are only hiring a HC.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. The question is what makes sense given the facts and circumstances. Who do you have as your No 1 HC? Would you really prefer to miss out on that person if someone else hires them first while you still doing GM interviews? Just to follow a normal hiring process that isn't aligned with the reality of the Bears situation?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Media didn’t think the bears would get cutler, or Mack. Harbaugh is coming, Ted’s got a stadium to build, Goodell will call the raiders and tell them to fuck off.