Hawks Blizzard: Avalanche addition

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fleury had done well despite the D and system as we are forced to over defend and are a bottom tier scoring team.

I appreciate his attitude, but I could see tonight being a turning point.

The Wild opener was just one game, but we go to the slaughter house again tonight.

His eagerness to be traded may change a tune when he has another 3 goal period and we start getting curb stomped by good teams.
If they don’t see the hopelessness of their situation they are blind.
Trade Fleury high…I wouldn’t even play him again, just send tape of his 5 complete games around the league and take the best offer.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kubalik/Kane/Dach/Toews can not be all in a scoring slump.

I’d sure as hell get Reichel and Lafferty in there as they make us at least threatening in more ways and teams have to respect a threat.

There is nothing to scare anyone and teams have begun targeting El Gato physically.

Not sure if he will even play, it looked like the Wild at least sprained his AC joint if not strained his peck.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Really wish gooftason would be in the press box. Much rather see Galvas out here. I don’t expect much tonight playing the speed of the Avs.

I was talking to my sons Hockey coach the other day about the Hawks as he is from Montreal and a Canadians fan. I said not sure why the Hawks have such a passive forecheck and passive PK. Than we talked about how hockey is size and speed in the NHL, and it is starting to trickle down into youth hockey.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Really wish gooftason would be in the press box. Much rather see Galvas out here. I don’t expect much tonight playing the speed of the Avs.

I was talking to my sons Hockey coach the other day about the Hawks as he is from Montreal and a Canadians fan. I said not sure why the Hawks have such a passive forecheck and passive PK. Than we talked about how hockey is size and speed in the NHL, and it is starting to trickle down into youth hockey.
Junior clubs and NHL clubs were always are looking for that big dman, better if he's physical but they hope if not that they will work into it. They said a few years ago that they are starting to look at the smaller guys but if you notice they always still try to grab the 6'3 + dman or power forward but not for the reason of the past like fighting its more about Speed, toughness (strength and endurance). You still see the smaller forward and a little more than in the past 15 years since the game has veered away from more physical hitting.(remember the days of a forward taking a beating in front of the net just to be a distraction)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toe to toe with a good team. Again.
I’ll gladly eat the crow.
go Hawks!

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I figured Hawks would be down a couple by now.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Damn I thought the game was on 10est, so I was having my sons finish their hockey workouts before bed.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Damn I thought the game was on 10est, so I was having my sons finish their hockey workouts before bed.
You're not missing anything. You're kid's workout was probably more entertaining. The hawks are slow, unskilled and boring. Teams are now giving the Cat a lot of attention....good move as most everyone else is pretty much useless offensively.

And yes, that includes Kane....dumbass organization. Holding onto to players until their skills diminish is quick path to failure.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
Since the cancerous nodes of the bowman crime family is gone, perhaps they could now do the decent thing and allow the Flower to go to a legitimate NHL team such as the Avs.
He truly deserves that.
He is playing his heart out for a failing team that has no direction and no knowledge of what an NHL level team is or needs to be.
I went to some games in the late 1940's/1950's and, they are worse now than what I saw back then.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since the cancerous nodes of the bowman crime family is gone, perhaps they could now do the decent thing and allow the Flower to go to a legitimate NHL team such as the Avs.
He truly deserves that.
He is playing his heart out for a failing team that has no direction and no knowledge of what an NHL level team is or needs to be.
I went to some games in the late 1940's/1950's and, they are worse now than what I saw back then.
I think it would depend on whether or not Fleury wants to move. He does have a 10-team no-trade list, but I also think the 'hawks would do right by him if he and his family are settles and not move him out unless he wants to go.

As a goalie I agree he deserved better than what Bowman the Beancounter has in front of him, but for all we know at his age and at the point he is in his career, along with his family life, he might just want to stay put.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Friedman saying the caps are interested in flower.

Time for the interm GM to get another first round pick in next years draft. MA has been this team’s mvp

Liked Posts:
I think it would depend on whether or not Fleury wants to move. He does have a 10-team no-trade list, but I also think the 'hawks would do right by him if he and his family are settles and not move him out unless he wants to go.

As a goalie I agree he deserved better than what Bowman the Beancounter has in front of him, but for all we know at his age and at the point he is in his career, along with his family life, he might just want to stay put.
There are some things about which we don't learn till it has already occurred so~~~~

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Friedman saying the caps are interested in flower.

Time for the interm GM to get another first round pick in next years draft. MA has been this team’s mvp
He gone. We may need to retain a portion of his salary in order to get a 1st.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
He gone. We may need to retain a portion of his salary in order to get a 1st.
Retain 50%. This seasons over. The Hawks have to win, not ot lose, 12 in a row currently to even think about the playoffs.

Now is the time to accumulate draft picks and stop this whole retool bullshit already.

With teams cheating on Cat now it’s best to clear out everyone not named Jones

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Retain 50%. This seasons over. The Hawks have to win, not ot lose, 12 in a row currently to even think about the playoffs.

Now is the time to accumulate draft picks and stop this whole retool bullshit already.

With teams cheating on Cat now it’s best to clear out everyone not named Jones
Yeah, complete agreement. I have been saying this for at least 3 years now, not that I consider myself even as remotely hockey knowledgable as some of y'all.

I'm shocked posters are still carrying on about playoff position, win streaks, line blending, etc. This season, like the preceding and the next season, is stillborn. Nothing but bottom-feeding and waiting for the Toews-Kane contracts to expire and hoping a shiny new HC can lead the next-gen roster. We have taken body-blows by failing to get more value for picks like Bustqvist and Dach, no NH team can miss on those top picks and compete in the short-term.

FU Stan the Lesser.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Yeah, complete agreement. I have been saying this for at least 3 years now, not that I consider myself even as remotely hockey knowledgable as some of y'all.

I'm shocked posters are still carrying on about playoff position, win streaks, line blending, etc. This season, like the preceding and the next season, is stillborn. Nothing but bottom-feeding and waiting for the Toews-Kane contracts to expire and hoping a shiny new HC can lead the next-gen roster. We have taken body-blows by failing to get more value for picks like Bustqvist and Dach, no NH team can miss on those top picks and compete in the short-term.

FU Stan the Lesser.
They should have traded out of the Bustvist draft and moved down. If memory serves me there was a team trying to move up and Blowman blew it.

They wanted Hughes. If I knew that’s who they wanted then I’m sure other teams knew. When he was drafted, instead of actually thinking about the situation, they took a kid who can’t play defense and isn’t as polished a skater as Hughes as a back up plan.

Bustvist was touted, but he was falling going into the draft because of the concussions. I don’t think he goes top ten if the Hawks didn’t take him.

Dobson, Whalstrom, Miller, I would have been happy with. But, Kelly falls in love with players like a fucking girl crushing.