Kane to Oilers

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Sorry it's been that kind of day and I felt like trolling.

Also though I know many of you wanted to take a flyer on him here

Granada

Liked Posts:
Wow, that's a great move by Edmonton, in my view. One-year deal too, perfect.

Now all they need is Fleury from us.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Wow, that's a great move by Edmonton, in my view. One-year deal too, perfect.

Now all they need is Fleury from us.
Not even a one year deal, a half year deal. I do love that he got a no trade clause. hah

This is the real baffling part. Him forfeiting that much. I guess I don't understand all of what this is saying implying. If I'm him I do whatever I can to keep that money.

Kane, 30, was in the fourth year of a seven-year, $49 million contract with San Jose that paid him $7 million annually. Kane will forfeit $22.8 million from the remainder of the deal (NHL contracts are guaranteed).

Granada

Liked Posts:
Not even a one year deal, a half year deal. I do love that he got a no trade clause. hah

This is the real baffling part. Him forfeiting that much. I guess I don't understand all of what this is saying implying. If I'm him I do whatever I can to keep that money.

Kane, 30, was in the fourth year of a seven-year, $49 million contract with San Jose that paid him $7 million annually. Kane will forfeit $22.8 million from the remainder of the deal (NHL contracts are guaranteed).
Yes, even better than one-year.

I don't think he had much of a choice. It's a lot of money to give up, but in a way, this is the best of both worlds for him. He doesn't need to wait indefinitely to play again. He gets to compete for a Cup on a team that should be playoff bound, play in the top six, and probably alongside the best player in the game next to Gretzky. If the Oilers flop, he can test free agency next year, or stay with the Oil if no other teams are interested.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, he’s a gambler. Betting big on himself and surely he will indeed score points with the oilers.

he’s lucky to get a second chance in the league at all…and there were ways for the league to void his contract if they chose. I’m sure the Sharks were willing to go to court over it so it was already gone.
He bet on the game as a player.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, he’s a gambler. Betting big on himself and surely he will indeed score points with the oilers.

he’s lucky to get a second chance in the league at all…and there were ways for the league to void his contract if they chose. I’m sure the Sharks were willing to go to court over it so it was already gone.
He bet on the game as a player.