2022 Bears offense… yikes!

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Poles has failed in his goal to surround Fields with talent.

Even if he signs the best remaining offensive free agents (which is obviously unrealistic), they would still be lacking true difference makers.

Even if they draft the best available WR and/or OLineman with their 2nd rd picks, those guys are still going to be rookies and will have a lot to learn before they can become game changing players.

I’m OK tanking this season. But how the hell can we know what we have in Fields if the guys he has around him are all avg at best?

My guess is, those who were saying “I’ll wait till after the draft before I make any judgments on poles” are starting to worry. If you’re not, you’re fooling yourself.

BTW, we’re well into the “second wave of free agency” when Poles was supposed to sign his guys…

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
At this point you're going to have a hard time convincing me that Grimson isn't some penis-ripping tentacle monster, each penis with its own forum account, that just feeds off of publicly ripping it off on the forums before switching to another tentacle and waiting for the last one to grow back.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Poles has failed in his goal to surround Fields with talent.

Even if he signs the best remaining offensive free agents (which is obviously unrealistic), they would still be lacking true difference makers.
Yea, that's not really Poles' fault. No first round pick and limited ability to splurge on big-name free agents thanks to being saddled with bad contracts from his predecessor. And besides, big-name free agents almost always don't live up to their contracts otherwise their previous team wouldn't let them go.

Even if they draft the best available WR and/or OLineman with their 2nd rd picks, those guys are still going to be rookies and will have a lot to learn before they can become game changing players.
No one in their right mind should have thought the Bears were going to have a bunch of major difference makers unless Poles hit on numerous picks from the jump.

I’m OK tanking this season. But how the hell can we know what we have in Fields if the guys he has around him are all avg at best?
Contradictory sentence. If Fields had a bunch of talent around him (and presumably plays well) then we wouldn't be tanking.

BTW, we’re well into the “second wave of free agency” when Poles was supposed to sign his guys…
Based on what? The top offensive tackles are still on the board and the top receiver (arguably) just signed an hour ago. Free agency is being held up by what's going on with DeShaun Watson. It's entirely possible that Poles manages to sign Eric Fisher and Juju Smith-Schuster, both of which would be considered Tier 1 (or close).

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
watch your dicks kids

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
At this point you're going to have a hard time convincing me that Grimson isn't some penis-ripping tentacle monster, each penis with its own forum account, that just feeds off of publicly ripping it off on the forums before switching to another tentacle and waiting for the last one to grow back.
@Grimson. He found another one of your alts. You'll have to move on from @Bear_Assed now

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
They are going to be one of the 5 worst teams in football this year the way things are shaping up.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that losing your best players and replacing them with worse players, on a team that is already low on talent and low on draft picks, is a strategy that probably isn't going to work out well for you in the short-term.

It doubly blows that we're having to put up with another wasted season while Justin Fields is in year 2 of his rookie contract. What's happening now is exactly what should have happened last year if dipshit McCaskey wasn't stupid enough to keep Nagy around for another season. They're a year behind.

Last edited:

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Some of you need to learn how to chill out. This was always gonna be a down year, just let them rebuild.

I just think you guys look like assclowns right now.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Yea, that's not really Poles' fault. No first round pick and limited ability to splurge on big-name free agents thanks to being saddled with bad contracts from his predecessor. And besides, big-name free agents almost always don't live up to their contracts otherwise their previous team wouldn't let them go.

No one in their right mind should have thought the Bears were going to have a bunch of major difference makers unless Poles hit on numerous picks from the jump.

Contradictory sentence. If Fields had a bunch of talent around him (and presumably plays well) then we wouldn't be tanking.

Based on what? The top offensive tackles are still on the board and the top receiver (arguably) just signed an hour ago. Free agency is being held up by what's going on with DeShaun Watson. It's entirely possible that Poles manages to sign Eric Fisher and Juju Smith-Schuster, both of which would be considered Tier 1 (or close).
lol .... both are garbage .... go look at Fishers stats last year .... Laael Collins or Armstead would be better gets

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Juju is not an improvement over arob. He would not improve this roster from where it was last year. This is why he is still around for the second wave of FA.

Fisher had a shit year and isn’t getting any younger, which is why he is still available.

Anyone else you got?? Lol

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of you need to learn how to chill out. This was always gonna be a down year, just let them rebuild.

I just think you guys look like assclowns right now.
Who said this post is about being a down year? Did you bother to read anything I wrote?

This next year should be about Fields.

You don’t care if Fields has a down year?

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
They are going to be one of the 5 worst teams in football this year the way things are shaping up.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that losing your best players and replacing them with worse players, on a team that is already low on talent and low on draft picks, is a strategy that probably isn't going to work out well for you in the short-term.

It doubly blows that we're having to put up with another wasted season while Justin Fields is in year 2 of his rookie contract. What's happening now is exactly what should have happened last year if dipshit McCaskey wasn't stupid enough to keep Nagy around for another season. They're a year behind.
Best players were the punter, the WR that quit on the team all season and a bunch of defensive players that spent most of the year on the sidelines?

Holy shit, how can the Bears overcome all that talent off the field??