China Tech and Other Tech and Other Shit

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Edit: Changing the thread to china tech and other shit. Feel free to add anything chinese based. From vape pen mods converted into portable soddering irons for 2 dollars to whatever. Cheap random shit, cool or shitty from aliexpress, taobao, weidian, 1688, amazon, harbor freight, wish, ebay etc would be welcomed.. doesnt have to be just chinese i guess.. But cool little to unknown or unbranded shit would be a plus

Been upgrading my setup to wireless

added a wireless/bluetooth pci card. wireless/bt headphones, replaced x360 wired control with a bt wireless xbox one one. now im looking for a wireless mouse.

have some unbranded wireless mouse but its a mini and too small. not to mention its shit, the mouse feet stick, the clicks feel like thin plastic thats gonna break.. etc.. just a shitty cheap travel mouse.

can anyone recommend a full size mouse with great battery life? i prefer removable batteries but would get a built in if it lasts.

2.4 ghz is a must. having a bluetooth connection to go with that 2.4 is a plus too for switching during non gaming hours.

before using the wireless whatever, i had been using logitech g402 and redragon 990 mmo and like their size. dont need a mmo with all those buttons.. while the buttons are nice, id only use a few of them, so its not a requirement. def like the g402 thumb grip/rest design.

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Going TL;DR. may change the thread into cheap chinese shit

So, being that i like the g402, why not just buy the wireless G502 version? Built in battery. Battery degridation is real. Rather buy new Ladda rechargables than a new mouse when the battery charge starts getting questionable. Plus that built in doesnt have the best battery life.

Came close to buying a G604 even with built in, cause massive hours promised, but its bluetooth pulling rate can drop to below 100hz.. not that im a pro gamer but going from 1000 to sub 100.. nah. its 1000 in wireless 2.4 mode though. However, programmable buttons issues/annoyance.

Thought Razer basilisk X since its the same shape as the G402, but read that mouse has a lot of issues. Even with fireware updates possibly fixing connection dropouts, ppl complain about the mouse just breaking and the omron switches having double click issues. still may pick one up though, they are cheap

So, since I dont know what to get I decided to starting wasting burbon money on chinese brands Im unfamiliar with. Who knows, maybe one will be okay.. if not all of them. If not, Ill by something better. Ive found a couple of decent chinese brands over the years. Xiaomi is a global chinese brand these days, but Ive been with them for years. Surker is another good one. Bought their KS-1616 Cordless clipper/trimmer set. decent quality, on par with whals.. ETC ETC on chinese brands

Thought the MPOW H19 IPos i boughta couple weeks back were decent for the price, so I ordered 4 pairs of their H7 for $10 dollars a piece. Wanted a backup and some for the house if anyone wanted to use one. Also ordered a MPOW Bluetooth 5.1 dongle for the family rig @ $3. Wanted to see if MPOW is decent across the board.

Thought about buying a Delux M800 but I picked up another cheap ambidextrous mouse design below. Also, I was like if Im buying Delux I might as well get their new M820. However, I find the pricing on the M820 to be off. As a Razer Orochi V2 clone, it should be half the price. Considering its only a little cheaper, you might as well buy the Orochi V2. the Orochi has great battery life and is wireless/BT but its small imo.

Bought a new in box lenovo 600 wireless yesterday off of market place for 7 bucks. Wanted something in hand while I wait on the shit below from china. Boat shipping on top of global shipping issues.. yeah ill have them by xmas.

GY50U89282-560x450-01.729f25b63c6fc594.png

Thing is shit. Build quality is okay. Its that standard thick plastic shit the big name pc ppl use on their cheap mice. So it could survive being mandandled. The problem is the design. The entire lower body is smooth plastic and grip isnt the best. While it does protrude out and give you that thumb rest, its really thick and not as flat as say the logitech g402. That thumb fin also slightly protrudes vertically forming a peak. Its hard to tell from the photo but that peak is annoying on the thumb. If your right thumb hooked to the right, it would be good i guess. Also, weight balance is awful. All the weight is in the back. I mean its a cheap mouse, so whatever. i just find it so uncomfortable, that I dont even want to keep it as an emergency mouse. But i will hoarde.

Ordered the following from china:

Redragon Shark M688 for $20.

Mouse-Redragon-Shark-2-77415-Wireless-for-computer-PC-Peripherals-components-Mice-Keyboards-Office.jpeg_Q90.jpeg_.webp

The Redragon 990 MMO mouse I have is decent for a wired mouse, so I thought Id give redragon another go. They have newer models but they are all built in batteries. The shark can fit 2AA, so Im happy there. Pulling rate is only 500, but I can live with that. DPI is enough at 5000. Its 3330 sensor is like a downgraded 3360, so its not the worst. the 990 MMO has a 3360, and it was decent enough.

I saw the Shark 688-1 with 1000 pulling and 7200DPI on ebay for cheaper but had already ordered that one. Dont want two.

Ordered a Victsing for $4.30

et.jpg

I thought about other models of theirs, going back to their times when they went by the name eastern tech but wanted something newer, even though its years old. This one still has eastern Tech branding, but being sold as victsing. Has that ambidextrous design. Led is blue i think but ill leave it off to prolong that AA battery. DPI is up to 2400 and pulling rate is 500 max. For 4 bucks, why not see what eastern tech/victsing is about.

Free Wolf @ $7.20

wolf.jpg

Free wolf has some newer mice, but wanted that AA and not some built-in variant. DPi up to 2400, couldnt really find pull rates, but for 7 bucks, who cares. May also be eastern tech. Does have the free wolf logo though. Does seem to look like an eastern tech x-11. may just be rebranded. Who knows, maybe oem is the same for victsing/free wolf. I think redragon uses same oem as msi. Condisering Delux clones Razer... probably same oem.. rapoo may use same oem as logitech.. i need to research.. just dont care that much atm

Rapoo MT550 @ $14

HTB1a7MZhgnH8KJjSspcq6z3QFXag.jpg

Looks like a Logitech M720. Hopefully it gets battery life like one. Says up to 12 month battery life. A Productivity mouse. Wireless 2.4/BT connectivity. Boast 2AAs. After using the Lenovo 600, i worry that the thumb rest may be too thick. doesnt seem to peak upwards too, so thats good. Want to see if Rapoo is any good, since they make a clone of the Logitech MX Master 3.

Unbranded wireless mini keyboard @ $6

wl key.jpg

I had one of these years ago with a built in battery. The idea was cool and it would have been useful if the battery wasnt shit. I swear if you turned the LEDs on it would last 5 minutes before dying. I threw it out. This one takes 2 AAA. IDK if its LED or not, dont care. Just want to be able to sit back in the lazy boy in the office and have something in hand to control media while I do lazy shit. Fuck finding a voice command solution. Wont turn on mics unless I have to.

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Olight is a great chinese company. If you need a bright ass light, Olight is where its at. Tons of models. Had to get a one for work. I bought a little one, the baton 3, but i wish i would have spent more and gotten a slightly larger one...

The baton 3 is good for its size at 2.5 inches, . beam distance is nearly 2 football fields.. its up to 1200 lumens when on turbo and will run for 20 hours at low.. but i need moar light to compensate.. .. def will need a new olight come next financial year..

maybe i need to get one of these

@1:04

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
More tl;dr gibberish for you fine ppl.

For whatever reasons my mobo is an arse when it comes to fan control. Maybe because its an chinese x79 mobo, or maybe it has some sort of mobo issue. If I go into the bios the fan control is limited. Its basically on/off. Using software like Speedfan kind of works for the system fan but for whatever reason it wont control fan_2. Same with githubs fan controller. Speedfan has always been my go to and worked with everything else.

yes the fans are pwm.........

With out any control the front side fans are full power 100% of the time. 2 140 mm, pure wings be quiet fans. They arent the noisest things, but are annoying. I dont hear them with headphones on, but when i rock the system speakers at low volumes its annoying imo.

So i bought a cheap fan controller below. Its lasted a couple of years and finally died. Just a low, medium, high switch. It did the job but was annoying. At first I had to open the case everytime I wanted to change the speed to high when i was doing heavy load stuff. I ended up pulling the wire out and kind of letting it hang from the top edge of the case panel on the outside. Lazy. looked great and professional. But i think I may have loosened a cable inside the fan controller after years of taking the panel off and then mashing/pulling the fan controllers cables back on the panel edge to hang.

dead fan controller

PC-Cooling-Fan-3-Pin-3-Speed-Adjustable-70-85-100-Speed-Control-Controller.jpg

So instead of wasting another two dollars on one of those i wasted about15 bucks on this cheap chinese drive bay below the other day

61eEI+PluiL._AC_SY450_.jpg

I thought about thermaltake commander FT drive bay touch screen, but passed. I think I had read thermaltakes version has a fix to where you can software it and have the cpu temp reading actually be the real reading and not a senor reading thats laying on it. But i dont really care about the temps. Nor did i need finer fan control. Just wanted to be able to drop the speeds to low when i wasnt doing anything heavy. the commander has connections for 5 fans.. this chinese one has 3...

The one above works. Fairly easy to install, but plenty of cables to annoy you. One molex connector, front panel connection (HDD LED), up to 3 fan cables, temp cables for three areas...It forced me to finally get around to manging my cables. Been on the to do list since I built this rig years ago.. The adhesive it gives you to tape the sensor to areas is cheap and doesnt stick. ending up removing the tape so it didnt get sucked into a fan. i placed three sensors in there ..layed one on the heat/sink/cpu for that fake reading, one hanging in the rig for sys reading and one on top of the hdd, cause i def care how my hdd feels.

Thing is, i cant read the temps clearly. Like, if i want really temps readings, i can just open some software...

Screen sucks. Too bright and its viewing angles are limited.. you almost have to be eye level and centered to read the screen. if not, you kind of just see the control images behind it.... like a blury 00:00 for the clock.. My rig is on the floor so i cant properly read the screen from my chair. Not that I care, just wanted an easy solution to control the fan on the front. Which it does. If the rig was on the desk and the screen was facing me, id be able to read it clearly.

Speed control has 3 modes... low, med, high... works great... cant really hear shit with it on low.. which is nice.. it pushes enough power on high for when i push loads up

was it worth 15 bucks? idk.. for my lazy arse.. i guess.. but its going to end up costing me more in the future.. my case only has one bay... had been saving it for a blu ray drive.. dont want an external blu ray... anywho had put that off since the build until i got a 4k monitor.. got a 4k monitor now.. soooo somethings gotta happen..

kind of want an old school full tower anyway.. 5-9 bays.. full with a bunch of pointless drive bay components.. going for that wtf gaudy look... fuck this no optical bay, all digi look... might build a case from scratch one day.. put a lcd panel on it for shits and giggles.. thatll be a thing one day..watch.. ppl with full lcd panel cases displaying their anime gfs.. ppl are already customing small monitors for sys data and putting them in the side panels...

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
More TL;dr gibberish

A small issue with ordering through taobao without an agent is that on rare occasions a seller doesnt want to deal with you and your english name. Its like aliexpress, where they dont get paid until you confirm that your items arrived, plus you can fight over quailty/defects etc. Being I ordered cheap mice, they may have thought fuck sending them. The free wolf and rapoo were never sent to my consolidation warehouse. Tried to remind them to ship but they still didnt send them. So either the items were out of stock or the english name. Ended up getting a refund.

Tried to reorder elsewhere but ran into another taobao problem. On very rare occasions you may get alipay cant verify your identity and it wont allow you to pay. Which happened. So I said fuck that, fuck waiting a month on the other mice i sent by sea, cause fuck this stupid lenovo wireless mouse. So I ordered a Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed

On a side note, when using an agent to purchase from taobao, you generally cut out those two issues above. Those are rare, but happen when ordering direct/direct consolidation. Thing is, with an agent you end up paying a premium, especially when it comes to shipping prices. Not really worth it on 5 dollar mice. Agents are good for when you want to buy restricted goods, avoid tax, want items packed a specific way and need inspection photos... oh and when ordering from a suspect shop on taobao, weidian or any other platform. Also good for easy, hassle free purchasing. Its worth the extra cost for the services provided. I probably use them 50% of the time.

Anywho, Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed @ 30 Dollars new. Can be had for 15-20 ish used.

Razer-Basilisk-X-HyperSpeed-1.jpg

Same design as the logitech g402/502. Its slightly shorter than the logitech, by how much? IDK.. im not some pro reviewer and willing to pull out the measuring tape. its just slightly shorter. Def lighter, I know the logitch g402 weighs about 144g and the Basilisk X weighs roughly 83g without the battery. can hit 100+ depending on your battery.. some may find that too heavy cause they be weak..

Weight distribution is decent.. maybe 45/55- 50/50 front to back, depnding on what you consider center..

Decent grip on the lower body outers.. textured rubberish mats..

Mechanical clicks... i mean it clicks shit.. shit... rated for 50 mil clicks.. so probably omcron.. optical sensor, 5 buttons + dpi button (5 profiles).. can reprogram the dpi button

Optional software to modify mouse buttons, profiles, dpi (up to 16000), polling rates 125,500,1000 in 2.4ghz. cant modify polling rates in bluetooth mode, just in 2.4ghz.. bluetooth poll rates up to 133hz. :/

has hypershift so you can double the buttons functions..

feet are okay, not the best.. but slide okay.

I wanted a aa/aaa battery mouse so its a plus for me. will be leaving mine in bluetooth for the most part unless gaming... up to 450hrs in bluetooth mode. supposed to be 285hrs in 2.4 ghz

You do have to be in bluetooth mode to update firmware.. mine came up to date with the latest fireware out of the box

Havent noticed any dropout issues ppl complained about in the past. Nor has it gone to sleep just for shits and giggles. Has only slept when it hit its inactivity period i set. Will update after long term use it it breaks for whatever reason within a few months as other have claimed. if it does break it does come with a 2 year warranty...

Overall, not bad for the price..

Cons:

No ports for a wired connection if you need that. so if its dead its dead..
Takes a second or 2 to wake up from sleep.. its noticable. you can adjust inactivity time before it sleeps in the software.. from 1-15 minutes.

Will still test out the redragon and the victsing when those arrive, but if this lasts, i can live with it.

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I dont get it. Im too dumb. Echo Show 5

product_315519_product_shots1.jpg

My bro got a handful of these for his smart house during black friday to be lazy i guess.. instead of yelling at his kids across the house like a normal person he pops up on the screen. He got me one and has been bugging me to set it up. I finally did today.. meh, i still dont get it. I have a smart phone...........

Just what i need, another device for me to bug my house. Sure you can close the camera and disable the mic. Disabling the mic puts a nice red line across the screen to annoy you. you cant get rid ofthe red line unless you unmute it..

so i gotta add alexa app to my phone for a more advance set up for a seperate device with its own brains and network capabilities?????????????? thats dumb for a smart device...

I live in a dumb home. I did install 5 smart fans last year, but i never connected them to the network. I didnt buy them cause they were smart. they were on sale and had led lights in them that i wanted. However if i had more smart devices maybe it woould make sense, but wouldnt a phone suffice???????????? or a custom device with custom os/ui...

I guess i could put it next to my bed for an alarm clock... oh i have a phone with a clock... my phone has an internal battery and if the power goes out i still have my alarms... so what then? watch content from my bed on my side to the bed side table.. or lay comfy and look at a phone..

i guess i could put it in the kitchen for cooking... oh i have a phone if i need to ref anything..

oh i did get rid of my 3 monitor set up.. i guess i can replace my phone as another screened device for this one. its nice playing music or watching shit when im in full window mode on the pc, so itll be good there....hmmm so should i use the echo 5 with its 5.5" @ 480p? or my xiaomi mi max 2 which is 6.4" @ 1080p.. the 6.4 fits nicely underneath the center of the main pc screeen.... anything larger it would leak over the monitor screen............xiaomi makes quality phones btw.. the echo does have better built in speakers vs my phone so for music its a win... but i run an audio jack from my phone to my speaker system.. so i guess there no comparison there.. both have bluetooth for headphones..

echo seems locked with limited apps too.. so no disney+ .. my phone does disney+ and every other app this echo shit cant

what about in the garage at my work bench.. oh i have a phone..

i can talk to my phone if i turned on the mic and take the device with me because its mobile.. so i dont get it..

i guess if i wanted to listen to music without being interrupted by a phone call on my phone it would make sense for me..

i guess ill just keep it plugged in, never use it and waste more power..

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
So i picked up a Oculus Rift to do workplace training at home.

Man, I did not know. This isnt the gameboy VR experience if anyone remembers that. thats my only exp with so called VR. This is legit.

I didnt manage to try my work training forklift software yet. I was only messing with the Oculus UI, the Oculus VR Home and a couple of games to make sure it works properly before doing training.

Star Wars Squadron looked good, but the rift controls arent supported. had to use an xbox controller. same with subnautica. Subnatutica caused slight motion sickness after a bit. One may have to build up tolerance to that kind of quick movement and water works or something. VR supported game lists seem limited atm. Dosent matter though, this headset is strictly for work purposes.

But i will test this headset with further apps to make sure it functions 100% before spending countless hours training. Gotta make sure it works first so I dont have to return these in the middle of some long term training session. hate to get to month 14 and have to stop cause something is faulty.

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Continung on with my Oculus exp.

Never liked racing games much, especially in first person. In VR the first person in Project Cars is enjoyabale though. Def need a steering wheel/pedals to go with this. However, still getting vr sickness. Its not that bad with Project Cars but its there. The forest makes me feel a little nauseous fairly quick. Its the turning. At first I thought it was the snapturn at 30%, so I adjusted it to 0% for a smooth turning exp, it made it worse.

I have seen you should build up intensity levels by starting with stationary games then to teleport style games before heading on to free roaming. I just might be one of the unlucky ones. That spiderman game where you web swing around the city didnt make me feel sick at all. Might just be the game and motion speed.

Still have a handful of software to test out.

Plus, after a 2-3 hour session and taking off the headset I felt a little body dissociation. I felt like I was floating outside of my body for awhile. dont knopw how long it would have lasted cause i fell asleep. was back to being normal when i woke up.

Was nice watching youtube on a movie theatre sized screen though. I find being in the matrix white room whatever enjoyable. def can make a command center of app panels at various sizes and levels throughout the vr space. If they made it easier to be more productive, that would be the ultimate pc workspace. Also, Just wish the screen was more advance. its not the most crisp exp at various levels of depth in the vr world. Close text is good but far its meh. One day it will be 100 im sure.

Took the earphone pieces off the headset and am wearing over ears BT headphones.. much better audio that way

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Probably should have posted this sooner, but MSI had a promo going on for a free copy of Dying Light 2. All keys are gone now.

I forgot about it and missed out.

BUT, you could have gotten something like a A750 GF power supply for $99 and got the game for free ($59). On top of that, you can leave a review for that psu and get another 20 dollar steam credit. Essentially getting a gold rated fully modular PSU for 20 bucks + games.. thats if you wanted dying light 2 in your library.

If i run across something like this in the future i will post it sooner if i remember. Or if anyoner finds a sweet deal like that post about it here somewhere.

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Since ordering shit for my new rig i was looking at some stuff ive wanted to mod a case with. thought about getting a couple of lcd panels to put inside the case.

they sell 3.5", 5", 7", 10" on taobao fairly cheap. i think the 7" was $28. these are those mini ones you can easily hook up to a raspberry pi/pc.. only need an hdmi and usb to power it.. usually low res.. i think i saw a 1080 one but that wasnt cheap... the 600P and under are cheap though.

something like this

71CkahlSGfL._AC_SX522_.jpg

theres a 12.3" one thats widescreen and not high and would make sense but needs a seperate controller board too.. which you can also buy...........

anywho.. i found a different solution..

I have a old but recent lenovo tab 7 tablet that no one uses.. im like lets open that and take that screen... then im like theres gotta be an easy way to use this as a second monitor as is... there is..... theres a couple of pay apps call duet display and twomonusb.. i think ios has options.. but i found a free app that works..

its called spacedesk... win only

install:

go to google play on android device - install spacedesk app
on pc, go to spacedesk website and install their download..

open app on both machines.. click on the ip on the tablet app.. and ur connected.. works like a standard dual monitor... mouse cursor off the screen to get over to the second one... can put in landscape/portrait etc.. functions exactly as a dual should... ..

IMG_20220328_061020.jpg

i can easily watch something fullscreen and have CCS open below to f5.. no alt tabin needed

i should put it on my phone too so i can see if i can do multiple screens like that... two 6.5-7' screens that fit under my monitor would be sweet.. it would make that echo show 5 look even more out of place... what i need is a panel as wide as my monitor that i can place underneath it..

i may still get a 1-2 dedicated 5-7" panels to put in my pc case, but i think this is better functional wise.. i can just add velcro to the case and tablet and take it out when i want it on the desk..

we have plenty of old android devices with screens about.. wonder what i can do with them..

anywho.. got old tablets/phones laying about and want another monitor at no cost.... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
^^^^

spacedesk is win only as a controller but the device as a second screen can be android/ios.. .... confused it with another app i guess...

also.. only can add one device it seems.. my phone doesnt work as a 3rd monitor... it will as a 2nd if i disconnect the other device.. that sucks..

mayread up on the pay ones to see if they do multiple devices..

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
want to prepare for the apocolypse and dont want to obliterate small game with your 50 cals...have this rodent bow on hand to go all judge dredd with rat burgers..

keep coming across these on taobao for 10ish and 30ish on ebay.. they also come with 4 premade skewers for your hibachi teriyaki blue jays.. dunno how heavy the draw is and i cant find any utube reviews on it.. if they would sell them with 20+ skewer arrows id think about it just to see.. cause worst case im just making kabobs if the bow sucks....

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
so i thought id fuck with the space cadet wife and install a 4 dollar taobao led light in the kitchen sink...

51d3QME2TbL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

yeah... that biiaah doesnt pay attention to shiit.. all i hear is... babe something is wrong with the water!!!!! its glowin greeennn!!!!!...

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The G502 is such dogshit. Never again.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just like the feel of the design.. as long as i can dial in an acceptable dpi and it feels okay in hand.. im good for the most part..
Design was never the issue and I kind of liked the ability to adjust the weight on it but it didn’t take long at all for me to have double click issues on both L and R clicks. Replaced it and ended up having the same issue.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Design was never the issue and I kind of liked the ability to adjust the weight on it but it didn’t take long at all for me to have double click issues on both L and R clicks. Replaced it and ended up having the same issue.

you got fat fingers or just competitive game a lot? a few different mice had double click issues.. not sure which switches were the issue.. forget atm.. i read that the that razor i bought can have that double click issue but its been okay. so far.. i did finally start getting connection dropout issues.. i went to reinstall razers app software but forgot to reinstall for days after uninstalling... it hasnt dropped out since.. something in the razor software causing issues with windows.. so im not reinstalling their app

Last edited: