I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They very likely would want Williams but I would try to hold out. The thing is if joker doesn’t want to stay in Denver and would leave as a free agent, Denver loses all leverage. Especially if he wants to join the Bulls with AK and the bulls have the cap to sign him with Vucs expiring deal and I believe they could cut Demar after next season with a minimal hit (could be wrong though)
I would think Denver could find a team with better assets to trade him to if he truly wants out of Denver…which, I don’t think there has been much of any indication of

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They very likely would want Williams but I would try to hold out. The thing is if joker doesn’t want to stay in Denver and would leave as a free agent, Denver loses all leverage. Especially if he wants to join the Bulls with AK and the bulls have the cap to sign him with Vucs expiring deal and I believe they could cut Demar after next season with a minimal hit (could be wrong though)
I think you're wrong on DeMar.. NBA salaries are basically 100% guaranteed and so is the cap hit.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I would think Denver could find a team with better assets to trade him to if he truly wants out of Denver…which, I don’t think there has been much of any indication of
Maybe, maybe not

Is this all unlikely? Yes…but if jokic does want out of Denver and if the bulls are one of, if not his top destination, Denver won’t have much of a choice but to take our offer

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think you're wrong on DeMar.. NBA salaries are basically 100% guaranteed and so is the cap hit.
Every so often there's a contract that's like "if this player isn't cut by this date the salary is fully guaranteed, otherwise only x amount is guaranteed" but that doesn't apply to DeMar. Applies to Caruso though I think.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Every so often there's a contract that's like "if this player isn't cut by this date the salary is fully guaranteed, otherwise only x amount is guaranteed" but that doesn't apply to DeMar. Applies to Caruso though I think.
Even better if Demar is here. A core of jokic, Williams, DeMar, and Lonzo is pretty legit. Would need some shooters/3&D guys off the bench and find someone to start at the 2, assuming Zach would be part of the trade. Unless Ayo starts at the 2 (or green).

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've seen "partially guaranteed" salary on basketball-reference before, but it was always for a low level bench player. Never seen it on anyone else.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've seen "partially guaranteed" salary on basketball-reference before, but it was always for a low level bench player. Never seen it on anyone else.
Yeah you won't see it for someone like DeMar. The big contracts are fully guaranteed almost always as far as I've seen

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also for the record, I have major doubts Jokic would ever come here, because I don't think he's leaving Denver. If he doesn't sign a contract extension this offseason, that makes things slightly more interesting, but still not much of a guarantee Jokic would be on the move. IF he does go into 2023 as a UFA, the Bulls should do whatever they can to sign and trade for him. But I'd still pretty much bet he'd just sign a bigger deal to stay with Denver.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also for the record, I have major doubts Jokic would ever come here, because I don't think he's leaving Denver. If he doesn't sign a contract extension this offseason, that makes things slightly more interesting, but still not much of a guarantee Jokic would be on the move. IF he does go into 2023 as a UFA, the Bulls should do whatever they can to sign and trade for him. But I'd still pretty much bet he'd just sign a bigger deal to stay with Denver.
Oh yes, Jokic is a pipe dream for sure. I have no real belief that he'll ever be realistically available.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Maybe, maybe not

Is this all unlikely? Yes…but if jokic does want out of Denver and if the bulls are one of, if not his top destination, Denver won’t have much of a choice but to take our offer
Yes and no. The timing matters. If jokic this offseason says he wants out and wants to go to Chicago, it doesn’t much matter. Denver will still take best offer. If jokic says that in a couple years when he’s about to be a FA, then yes it matters because he can walk away and Denver gets nothing in theory. It’s all about leverage

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hypothetically speaking - if a trade were to happen for Jokic, I think it would involve more than 2 teams.

I could see something like Lavine + something else to Toronto, Rudy gobert + more to Denver, Siakam to Utah, Jokic to the Bulls.

That will never happen, but I think it works for all teams.
Denver would obviously need something beyond Gobert to make it worth it for them, but that could be done with more picks and role players.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Grizzlies bounced back nicely with a 28 point slapping

And to not surprise, the foul calls were much different from game 1

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man Booker was cooking in the first half but gets injured immediately in the 2nd half. CP3 remains winless vs Scott Foster in the playoffs. Would've been interesting to see if Suns would've won with Booker playing the whole game like normal because dude was on fire.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Man Booker was cooking in the first half but gets injured immediately in the 2nd half. CP3 remains winless vs Scott Foster in the playoffs. Would've been interesting to see if Suns would've won with Booker playing the whole game like normal because dude was on fire.
Scott Foster is such a joke lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's not winless just winless in last 14 games. 2-16 overall.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That is such an atrocious fact.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Grizzlies with a 26 point comeback to crush the T-Wolves spirits. Now up 10 with a min left

35-9 4th quarter with a min left

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Grizzlies with a 26 point comeback to crush the T-Wolves spirits. Now up 10 with a min left

35-9 4th quarter with a min left
I turned it off at 79-54 as I was bored.

You're welcome.