Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Key note for me was Poles and Fields watched tape together on prospects and the Valus Jones was on the list.
What do you think of Jones? There are a bunch of guys moaning about not getting Skyy Moore and others that most likely never saw him (and the others) play a down.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
What do you think of Jones? There are a bunch of guys moaning about not getting Sky Moore and others that most likely never saw him play a down.
I don't have a full consensus on him I'm still digging. But I like the upside and explosive ability on top of the Special teams traits. Also the fact that Poles sees him lining up all over the place which would indicate Getsy has the same vision. When they cut to the pick on NFLN Getsy had a big ol grin on his face.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don't have a full consensus on him I'm still digging. But I like the upside and explosive ability on top of the Special teams traits. Also the fact that Poles sees him lining up all over the place which would indicate Getsy has the same vision. When they cut to the pick on NFLN Getsy had a big ol grin on his face.
They see speed, YAC, and a guy they can get open in this offense for chunk plays.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Right off the bat Poles says these players are going to improve the culture that they are trying to build.
He puts a lot of emphasis on this. Anyone looking at players based on just their tape or expert's analysis that don't give a lot of room for how Poles sees the character and intangible football traits will be missing a big part of the picture.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
This is the most confident I've seen Poles. He's excited.
Thought the same. He seemed a lot more open and passionate…he even let his guard down which is rare for a GM. Seemed confident with everything and wasn’t concerned about saying the wrong thing. Just let it flow…probably had a couple doubles before tbh

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I know Pace said he drafted BPA but in reality he’d get a boner for a player and give up everything to have that guy. Poles may actually be a BPA guy. Doesn’t mean his evaluations will always be right but it’s refreshing to see a guy just wait and take who his board says is best.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Thought the same. He seemed a lot more open and passionate…he even let his guard down which is rare for a GM. Seemed confident with everything and wasn’t concerned about saying the wrong thing. Just let it flow…probably had a couple doubles before tbh
Scotch helps.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Can confirm. On the scout's video on the Bears's website he said that Getsy was the happiest person in the building when they drafted Velus

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Still kinda blown away they watch tape together. Not that it shouldn't be that way but listening to other QBs who've been vocal about wanting more input it seems kinda sacrilege. Like there's some secret oath upper management has to take not fraternizing with the players.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Still kinda blown away they watch tape together. Not that it shouldn't be that way but listening to other QBs who've been vocal about wanting more input it seems kinda sacrilege. Like there's some secret oath upper management has to take not fraternizing with the players.
We usually only hear about when diva star QBs have decision making influence/leverage in the franchise when it comes to picking a new coach

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know Pace said he drafted BPA but in reality he’d get a boner for a player and give up everything to have that guy. Poles may actually be a BPA guy. Doesn’t mean his evaluations will always be right but it’s refreshing to see a guy just wait and take who his board says is best.

had a guy in another topic asking for ryan pace back