~17% of players drafted in rounds 5-7 are retained by the team that drafted them by the end of their rookie contract

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That means odds are that at least 1 of these guys will be here long term.

Who would you bet on?

1651358987597.png

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I guarantee you it will be more than one…

• Harold
Reactions: Myk

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I like all the o-lineman. Not saying they'll all make it but I think they all have the potential to be starters honestly. Ebner is the kind of guy who could be around for a while because he is versatile and bring special teams value. Like him as a pass catching back as well. Don't know much about Hicks or the punter.

This was a deep draft class so it may skew differently then average.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Proof to you morons that trying to capture round 6 and 7 is stupid

You get better players the higher you draft, trade down clowns

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But how many actually got meaningful snaps.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But how many actually got meaningful snaps.

No clue. I'd guess not many.

Though, meaningful snaps mean nothing if they aren't any good. This is assuming that by "meaningful snaps", you mean playing snaps that matter - not garbage time. If that's the case, we've had plenty of starters who played meaningful snaps but absolutely sucked haha.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
They just need to find a way to get 311 picks in rounds 5-7 and the whole roster will be full.

Canth

Liked Posts:
If I had to pick one, I would go with Robinson.

However, with everything else going on with the team, I would not be at all surprised to see both 5th rounders last, maybe one of the interior guys, and then I guess the punter.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
This is the Bears. We will act like all the low round oline is good because they're cheap. We'll wait for the last minute to try to replace them, it will be a bad oline FA year and nothing in the draft and we'll sign them to an extension saying how great they are. If they're still here by the end of their rookie contract odds are they stay passed it.

I only give that much doubt because I'm open to Poles not being cheap and he was just filling holes that he will try to upgrade in later drafts. But this is the Bears and odds are someone higher up is dictating these things.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
1st and 2nd rounders need to be day 1 starters. There was no OL or WR that would start over what the Bears currently have. When it comes to CB and S, they got two guys that will start day 1. This is how you run a successful organization, but for the Bears it will take more than 1 or possibly 3 drafts to start to see a difference.

The key will be to stick to the plan and not do what Pace did which was pull the trigger far too early with the Mack trade.

All the OL later in the draft is how the Patriots have been doing it for decades. You have to be able to trust your player development and not rely on FA.