Not happy with the draft? Who should Poles have picked? Give us names.

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
Why the unswerving loyalty to Ryan Poles? What in his background causes people to suppoprt him? Can anybody explain this?
For me he has already demonstrated a clarity of vision (what type of player he wants), discipline, preparation, and staff inclusion. These are the traits of a leader. Just not hearing constant "I'm the smartest guy in the room" snark or politician type word salad is enough for me.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
This should be obvious but maybe not. It would be a safe assumption that Poles solcited Fields opinion from a shortlist of WR Poles and scouts already liked. So no Fields didnt unilaterally choose the pick. He just provided his feedback. Again figureds this would be obvious. But maybe not.
It should be obvious but nowhere in my post did I say that fields made the pick “unilaterally” as you put it, nor did I even imply it. Had more to do with questioning the influence that an inexperienced, mediocre QB should have over draft day decisions.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For me he has already demonstrated a clarity of vision (what type of player he wants), discipline, preparation, and staff inclusion. These are the traits of a leader. Just not hearing constant "I'm the smartest guy in the room" snark or politician type word salad is enough for me.
Seeing this stuff every time there's a new GM or HC aside, can you please give examples of how this regime is more prepared than regimes of Bears past?

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
Seeing this stuff every time there's a new GM or HC aside, can you please give examples of how this regime is more prepared than regimes of Bears past?
Poles recapped different parts of the process he used in his pressers. I can't recall that level of transparency being shared by any past regimes, but more importantly, when asked specific questions Poles had pretty specific answers as to why they did what they did.

Now can you give an example of a past CCS post highlighting the specific leadership traits demostrated by the prior regime? I mean since you see this stuff every time.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Poles recapped different parts of the process he used in his pressers. I can't recall that level of transparency being shared by any past regimes, but more importantly, when asked specific questions Poles had pretty specific answers as to why they did what they did.

Now can you give an example of a past CCS post highlighting the specific leadership traits demostrated by the prior regime? I mean since you see this stuff every time.
Transparency doesn't = preparedness. It's transparency. Sounds like we're once again doing that thing where we grasp for absolutely anything to convince ourselves that the Bears finally got it right.

You didn't even give me a real example of something right now and you want me to go back 7 years into the CCS archives? Yeah, good luck.

rayer kay

Liked Posts:
It should be obvious but nowhere in my post did I say that fields made the pick “unilaterally” as you put it, nor did I even imply it. Had more to do with questioning the influence that an inexperienced, mediocre QB should have over draft day decisions.
ok. Fair enough. But the amount of influence he had will probably remain unkown. I do not think it is harmful to ask the potential franchise QB his thoughts. I have included my employees in hiring process but have always made final decisions. But makinv people in any organization feel like they have a stake in their future is good business in my opinion. Asking for someones opinion does not mean you cannot make your own decisions. Just means you do not think you know everything, can listen and incorporate multi faceted points of view into the thinking and decision making process.

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
Transparency doesn't = preparedness. It's transparency. Sounds like we're once again doing that thing where we grasp for absolutely anything to convince ourselves that the Bears finally got it right.

You didn't even give me a real example of something right now and you want me to go back 7 years into the CCS archives? Yeah, good luck.
But transparency on a vision, approach, and room mechanics, all touched on in Pole's presser does demonstrate leadership. I would suggest you watch or re-watch it and pay attention this time. Then I would suggest you watch pretty much any Pace presser and compare.

And for what it's worth, I never said they got it right nor am I convinced they did. But I do know what leadership looks like and that is a welcome sign.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the first pick and am ok with the second pick. Safety early isn’t ideal but at least guy has talent. I don’t care about picks 5-7 whatever happens there is gravy. That 3 pick was angelo level ?. If I was to change that pick I guess I would have liked Winfrey. He might not be long term started but at least can develop into a rotational 3 tech like when we had tank Johnson. Can’t wait until we go all lovie next year and get a dt in first and second round. Other honorable mentions Dylan parham prob would be a day one starter on this oline. Raimann prob would have been a day one starter also. He was also on the older side I believe but lot less development needed for him.
Pretty much this. In the 3rd Abraham Lucas. I do like the first two picks and the rest, I get it he turned chicken shit (thanks pace) into chicken salad and got a bunch of bodies and some (what appears) to be value in rounds 5-6.

If you’re not going to help your franchise qb with a WR fine, but at least get him a LT

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But transparency on a vision, approach, and room mechanics, all touched on in Pole's presser does demonstrate leadership. I would suggest you watch or re-watch it and pay attention this time. Then I would suggest you watch pretty much any Pace presser and compare.

And for what it's worth, I never said they got it right nor am I convinced they did. But I do know what leadership looks like and that is a welcome sign.
We're not talking about leadership, we're talking about preparedness. This is now two posts where you don't actually give an example of preparedness that previous regimes didn't show.

This is just something that happens with new regimes. Some poster grasp at things because its fresh and there's renewed hope. I remember a time when Trestman and Emery were transparent and detailed, until they werent. Then Pace was a breath of fresh air, until he wasn't. Nagy gave you a lot of details in process, until he didn't.

Not trying to bash Poles or really say you're wrong. I just want examples of what makes him more prepared and thus far you haven't provided any.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
So, every year I do a first reaction mock draft. I look at the players who were available after each Bears pick and I mock who I would have taken at each pick. I will admit some of this isn't really completely fair because I wait until after the entire draft and don't do it "live". So, for example, I would have seriously considered Perrion Winfrey at 39 or 48, but he didn't go until the 4th or 5th. So with complete hindsight, if the Bears had a 4th round pick, I would have taken him there instead of 48.

But I do also do this with the draft very fresh so I don't wait to see how guys do in camp and everything and have actual NFL data to go off of. But what I would have done is:

39- Andrew Booth Jr., CB Clemson
I like Kyler Gordon a lot, but Booth was considered by some that evaluate prospects for a living as CB1. Gordon's probably the better fit, but Booth is the better prospect, IMO.

48- George Pickens, WR Georgia
This is a hindsight one, I would have just taken him at 39 and secured my WR. But he didn't go til 52, so I'd have taken him here. Booth was also rated higher IMO, so waiting til this pick would have been a toss up, but I likely would have hoped Gordon was here at worst.

71- Bernhard Raimann, OT Central Michigan
I know in the thread about him, I said I didn't want him at 39, because of his age and rawness, but this is about where I had him graded. The Bears ended up taking an even older guy, LOL. Could compete with Borom at LT, and given the Bears a good swing (or could move Jenkins to RG).

168- Matthew Butler, DT Tennessee
I also just assume the trade downs still happen even though I wouldn't necessarily do them all if it were my choice. Butler has some potential as a 3T. Typical underachiever based on talent in the Vols program.

174- Dominique Robinson, DE Miami Ohio
This pick was dead on. I would get him on about half my mocks in the early 5th the Bears had before trade down. I thought there's no way he'd even make it to 148. Potential steal like Gipson was.

186- Cade Mays, OG Tennessee
I was a big fan of his for a couple years. He's not super athletic like the guys the Bears drafted, but Chiefs got a steal with his teammate Trey Smith last year (who I also loved) and I think he'd fit in the offense. Former 5 star who started at Georgia.

203- Bo Melton, WR Rutgers
I'm not a huge Melton guy, but too good to pass up right here. Kind of similar to Velus in that he has good speed and the ability to do damage underneath and get RAC.

207- Isaih Pacheco, RB Rutgers
Double up at Rutgers. Just watched him recently, great speed that he didn't get to show off much in a bad offense. But I was really impressed with his pass blocking and receiving honestly.

226- Chris Oladokun, QB South Dakota St
Don't know much about him, but the Bears brought him in for a visit. Looks like a good athlete with an electric arm. I'd love a camp body with some upside for the practice squad

254- Dohnovan West, C, Arizona St
Again probably not as athletic as the guys Poles actually drafted, but fits as an undersized zone blocking OL. A lot of Bears fans liked him more than I did. I think he's just too small, but at one of the last 10 picks in the draft, worth a shot.

255- Kevin Austin Jr, WR, Notre Dame
Another potential X WR that the Bears met with. They brought in like 5 UDFA WRs, so drafting 3 wouldn't have been a stretch. This he's more talented that any UDFA they brought in, by far.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It’s weird to see people using the situation of Poles and Fields talking about WRs to push their narrative one way or the other, because we literally have no idea what that conversation was like or what was actually said.

It’s possible Fields said, “Coach, I’ve seen this speedy guy out of Tennessee I’d really like to throw the ball to.”

But it’s also possible Fields said, “Man, I really love George Pickens and Skyy Moore and Christian Watson” and Poles responded, “Cool, cool—What about this guy Velus Jones,” and Fields was like, “Uh…yeah, sure I guess.”

We have no f’ing clue, so to make points based on a conversation we know nothing about is really weird.

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
We're not talking about leadership, we're talking about preparedness. This is now two posts where you don't actually give an example of preparedness that previous regimes didn't show.

This is just something that happens with new regimes. Some poster grasp at things because its fresh and there's renewed hope. I remember a time when Trestman and Emery were transparent and detailed, until they werent. Then Pace was a breath of fresh air, until he wasn't. Nagy gave you a lot of details in process, until he didn't.

Not trying to bash Poles or really say you're wrong. I just want examples of what makes him more prepared and thus far you haven't provided any.
No, you're talking about comparing preparedness between regimes. If you want an answer to that you do the research.

My post was in answer to the question, "What in his background causes people to support him?". My answer was demonstrated leadership. But I do admire you're deflection skills if not your reading comprehension.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No, you're talking about comparing preparedness between regimes. If you want an answer to that you do the research.

My post was in answer to the question, "What in his background causes people to support him?". My answer was demonstrated leadership. But I do admire you're deflection skills if not your reading comprehension.
3 posts without an answer. Congrats, you've proven that you're talking out of your ass. Lets do this again in 5 years.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It’s weird to see people using the situation of Poles and Fields talking about WRs to push their narrative one way or the other, because we literally have no idea what that conversation was like or what was actually said.

It’s possible Fields said, “Coach, I’ve seen this speedy guy out of Tennessee I’d really like to throw the ball to.”

But it’s also possible Fields said, “Man, I really love George Pickens and Skyy Moore and Christian Watson” and Poles responded, “Cool, cool—What about this guy Velus Jones,” and Fields was like, “Uh…yeah, sure I guess.”

We have no f’ing clue, so to make points based on a conversation we know nothing about is really weird.
Pushing narratives with a lack of information is what CCS does best.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Poles may ask for input, but if he picks someone based solely on mostly on who Fields likes, that would really be idiotic.

Dude is coming off his rookie season, obviously struggled last year (reasons TBD), and has enough to think about that isn't evaluating players.