I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Wolves should trade KAT. Get a haul and build around Edwards.

KAT should be the best player on the court 95% of the time and he consistently shrinks.
That’s a tough one for MN. On one hand I agree with you, on the other hand KAT is probably better than whatever you get in a trade and is a really good #2 option.

MN might be better off keeping those two and getting more pieces to put around them. I’d say trade Russell for something, but doubt you’d get much now for him

Also, last nights loss was as much on edwards as it was KAT. After that first quarter edwards was rather quiet(20 of his 30 points came in 1st quarter)

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Draymond on KAT and the wolves…

"I've never known Karl Towns to be such a big talker, and this year, especially as of the last few months, it's been a lot of that," Green said. "When you talk like that, you've got to back that up, and Memphis ain't hearing it."

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Curry and Klay were off shooting the ball, played much of the game in foul trouble, Draymond gets (shockingly) ejected in the 2nd quarter, Morant & Jackson went off, and GS still won.

If GS stays healthy and out of foul trouble, this is going to be a pretty short series IMO. I wouldn't be shocked if GS closed it out in 5.

I'm also shocked with how well Milwaukee has played since Middleton went down. Portis and Allen have really stepped up in his absence. Can't see them winning this series without him... but gotta give respect to Milwaukee.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That ejection on Draymond was fucking weak.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Curry and Klay were off shooting the ball, played much of the game in foul trouble, Draymond gets (shockingly) ejected in the 2nd quarter, Morant & Jackson went off, and GS still won.

If GS stays healthy and out of foul trouble, this is going to be a pretty short series IMO. I wouldn't be shocked if GS closed it out in 5.

I'm also shocked with how well Milwaukee has played since Middleton went down. Portis and Allen have really stepped up in his absence. Can't see them winning this series without him... but gotta give respect to Milwaukee.
I tend to agree with this, though I just get the feeling GSW will let down in a few games and it may take 6 for the Warriors.

I am shocked with how well Milwaukee played too, since typically they play poor G1's regardless of who they are playing. Guess we'll see how Boston responds in G2.. Tatum/Brown were pretty much bothered defensively by Milwaukee the entire game though.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Thing is, GS kinda needed to win game 1 IMO. Grizz were coming off ending a hotly contested series less than 48 hours before game 1 of the GS series. Grizz were drained emotionally and probably some physically.

and it showed in brooks and bane having horrible shooting nights just like klay and steph. And while Jackson and morant had good games, you can point to Jordan Poole doing his best Kevin Durant impression that helped offset lower shooting from klay and to a lesser extent steph. Steph actually didn’t shoot THAT bad(8/20). And GS as a team shot 48%…so they had a pretty good shooting night overall.

also, GS played better without draymond yesterday.

this series ain’t going to be over in 5, I promise that. That said, grizz gotta bounce back strong and take game 2

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thing is, GS kinda needed to win game 1 IMO. Grizz were coming off ending a hotly contested series less than 48 hours before game 1 of the GS series. Grizz were drained emotionally and probably some physically.

and it showed in brooks and bane having horrible shooting nights just like klay and steph. And while Jackson and morant had good games, you can point to Jordan Poole doing his best Kevin Durant impression that helped offset lower shooting from klay and to a lesser extent steph. Steph actually didn’t shoot THAT bad(8/20). And GS as a team shot 48%…so they had a pretty good shooting night overall.

also, GS played better without draymond yesterday.

this series ain’t going to be over in 5, I promise that. That said, grizz gotta bounce back strong and take game 2
Shooting 48% is pretty good. Grizzlies were god awful, as a team they shot 43%.

Jackson seems like he'll have a much easier time vs GSW, though they could certainly adjust against him. I guess when he's not having to go against KAT, it's easier for him. He was rather bad vs MIN.

But if the other guys get their shots down, yeah Memphis can win games, hell this nearly won this one, as one bounce their way and they do win this one.

Honestly, I'd expect some more defensiveness from these two teams as they were #1 and #4 in defensive rating. So it wouldn't surprised me to see both teams shoot worse than they did in G1.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Everyone still thinking GS ends this series quickly?!

I’m telling y’all, these Grizz are for real. And they have the superstar most of you cream over in Ja…47 8 and 7 tonight

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I’m telling y’all, these Grizz are for real. And they have the superstar most of you cream over in Ja…47 8 and 7 tonight
Ja was unreal. Dude is a killer. Chirping at the end towards Steph. Curry may drop 10 3's in his house now. Fun series.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Celtics showed that defense. They totally fluster Giannis in the first half. Al Horford can still hunt.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Well helps when the Grizz take out the only guy who can slow down Morant for the series. Advantage Memphis now.

Splash bros also shot like pure shit. Warriors shot 18% from 3 pt.. so yeah not entirely surprising. The keys were if Warriors stay healthy, out of foul trouble, and I added that I expected both teams to shoot worse, which they did other than GSW shot worse from 3.

So far this series is showing to be a "few bounces" difference in deciding games.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ja went crazy and the Warriors were still right in it to the end. Gonna be a fun series that one

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Without GPIII gonna be tough

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

The Warriors shot 18% from 3pt, and lost by 5.

There's a lot to like about the Grizzlies, but they got very lucky last night.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Without GPIII gonna be tough
Yeah that's a huge loss for the Warriors. Klay and Wiggins gonna need to step up defensively on Ja. Poole also, but I don't think he has it in him anyway.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The Warriors shot 18% from 3pt, and lost by 5.

There's a lot to like about the Grizzlies, but they got very lucky last night.
Lucky? Lol okay…I mean after game 1 people complained at how poor steph and klay shot…they shot poorly again in game two also. At some point you gotta give credit to Memphis defense for not allowing as many good looks as GS is used to getting.

also, since we are talking about whomst shot poorly…it’s not like GS was the only team that had guys missing shots. Memphis had Jackson go 3/14 and Bane 2/7

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well helps when the Grizz take out the only guy who can slow down Morant for the series. Advantage Memphis now.

Splash bros also shot like pure shit. Warriors shot 18% from 3 pt.. so yeah not entirely surprising. The keys were if Warriors stay healthy, out of foul trouble, and I added that I expected both teams to shoot worse, which they did other than GSW shot worse from 3.

So far this series is showing to be a "few bounces" difference in deciding games.

I tend to agree with this, though I just get the feeling GSW will let down in a few games and it may take 6 for the Warriors.

I am shocked with how well Milwaukee played too, since typically they play poor G1's regardless of who they are playing. Guess we'll see how Boston responds in G2.. Tatum/Brown were pretty much bothered defensively by Milwaukee the entire game though.
You were right there agreeing it’d be a 5 game series, maybe 6…so I’d say you felt it’d be a relatively smooth series for GS.

and yeah, GP3 went down, but brooks got kicked out the game too, so the grizz were without their best perimeter defender last night, too

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ja was unreal. Dude is a killer. Chirping at the end towards Steph. Curry may drop 10 3's in his house now. Fun series.
It’s definitely the series to watch this round. It’s been extremely fun

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
F08405CC-9535-45A5-AC5E-9684714EDD54.jpeg

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Who’s more likely to shoot poorly? Curry and Klay or JJ and bane?