2022 NBA Playoffs Discussion

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You were right there agreeing it’d be a 5 game series, maybe 6…so I’d say you felt it’d be a relatively smooth series for GS.

and yeah, GP3 went down, but brooks got kicked out the game too, so the grizz were without their best perimeter defender last night, too
You are aware, both a 5 game series and 6 game series can very well still happen, right?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You are aware, both a 5 game series and 6 game series can very well still happen, right?
Very much so. just pointing out where you DID say you felt GS would have a relatively easy series with Memphis…since you now seem to feel otherwise

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You were right there agreeing it’d be a 5 game series, maybe 6…so I’d say you felt it’d be a relatively smooth series for GS.

and yeah, GP3 went down, but brooks got kicked out the game too, so the grizz were without their best perimeter defender last night, too

Reading back, no one said it WILL be a 5 game series. I personally said I wouldn't be shocked if it were a 5 game series.

And.... I still wouldn't be shocked. I mean, if Steph and Klay woke up and started hitting the shots they usually hit, would anyone really be that surprised if they closed it out in 5?

Before the series started, I would have picked GS in 6. I'd probably still bet on that, though again, I would not be shocked if GS got hot and closed it out in 5. Last night didn't really change that for me. In fact, it strengthened that belief. Last night showed that even with Curry and Klay, and really the entire Warriors team being ice cold from 3 (their bread and butter), they were still in it until the end.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Reading back, no one said it WILL be a 5 game series. I personally said I wouldn't be shocked if it were a 5 game series.

And.... I still wouldn't be shocked. I mean, if Steph and Klay woke up and started hitting the shots they usually hit, would anyone really be that surprised if they closed it out in 5?

Before the series started, I would have picked GS in 6. I'd probably still bet on that, though again, I would not be shocked if GS got hot and closed it out in 5. Last night didn't really change that for me. In fact, it strengthened that belief. Last night showed that even with Curry and Klay, and really the entire Warriors team being ice cold from 3 (their bread and butter), they were still in it until the end.
To say you wouldn’t be shocked if it was a 5 game series might not be saying you predict a 5 game series, but it’s pretty damn close…let’s be real.

a lot of talk of missed shots by GS, whilst ignoring the missed shots the grizz usually make, too. These two teams play good defense, they aren’t going to shoot like they did in the regular season. Also, Steph hasn’t shot much worse than he did in regular season(35% from 3 vs 38% in the regular season)…it’s really just klay

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Could also mention Bane is playing with a hurt back and it’s clearly effecting his play. Both teams can make excuses all day long. Reality is none of it matters

Last edited:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could also mention Bane is playing with a hurt back and it’s clearly affecting his play. Both teams can make excuses all day long. Reality is none of it matters
Bane does looked banged up. GS will adjust and they just have to much fire power. I want to see how Steph responds. Ja a monster. I like good games. Can’t wait for Zion and ja to meet in the playoffs. It will be a show

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bane does looked banged up. GS will adjust and they just have to much fire power. I want to see how Steph responds. Ja a monster. I like good games. Can’t wait for Zion and ja to meet in the playoffs. It will be a show
We shall see. I’m not counting the grizz out. That said, I agree that GS’s championship experience you would anticipate being the difference. I heard a stat that the Grizz are the youngest team to reach the 2nd round since 1997! That’s wild

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Very much so. just pointing out where you DID say you felt GS would have a relatively easy series with Memphis…since you now seem to feel otherwise
Winning in 5 games would be considered an "easy" series even if every game is close. I never said anything like "GSW is going to blow out Memphis in next 3 wins and win easily."

So far, both games 1 and 2 have been close. Does that keep happening? If so, it makes it more likely the series will go longer, unless all the bounces go to one team vs another.

But GSW split Games 1 and 2, while shooting like shit from their specialty, the three. If they get their 3pt shooting act together, they could take Games 3 and 4 and it's a 3-1 series. If they continue to shoot poorly, we could get a split, or Memphis could even take 3 and 4. Great unknown.

As mentioned previously, both teams were top defensive teams, so maybe this is how they're gonna shoot the rest of the series.

All in all, it just wouldn't be a surprised if experience takes over here and GSW does win in 5 or 6. But Memphis has the ability to push it further, and even outright win.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Winning in 5 games would be considered an "easy" series even if every game is close. I never said anything like "GSW is going to blow out Memphis in next 3 wins and win easily."

So far, both games 1 and 2 have been close. Does that keep happening? If so, it makes it more likely the series will go longer, unless all the bounces go to one team vs another.

But GSW split Games 1 and 2, while shooting like shit from their specialty, the three. If they get their 3pt shooting act together, they could take Games 3 and 4 and it's a 3-1 series. If they continue to shoot poorly, we could get a split, or Memphis could even take 3 and 4. Great unknown.

As mentioned previously, both teams were top defensive teams, so maybe this is how they're gonna shoot the rest of the series.

All in all, it just wouldn't be a surprised if experience takes over here and GSW does win in 5 or 6. But Memphis has the ability to push it further, and even outright win.
Lol so in other words you don’t have any real take on what will happen in the series, got it

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol so in other words you don’t have any real take on what will happen in the series, got it
I have a prediction, and I'll stick to that.

But my take so far would be things can go either way as evident by games 1 and 2.

My prediction would be that experience will triumph and the Warriors will win the series in the end. I won't be shocked at all if the Warriors win the next two games as well.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sixers really need Embiid back if they don't want to get swept.

Harden just seems useless at this point.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Sixers really need Embiid back if they don't want to get swept.

Harden just seems useless at this point.
Are you saying you’re finally able to remove Harden from your superstar list now?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Are you saying you’re finally able to remove Harden from your superstar list now?
I removed him last season.

Dude isn't even playing at a star level at the moment though.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I removed him last season.

Dude isn't even playing at a star level at the moment though.
Eye test is just one aspect of measuring the whole thing. There is not really any metric that Zach outdoes Harden on. You mention usage.. 2014-15 season, Harden is 31.3, Zach is 31.0. Not much of a difference there. Harden's usage increases the following years before topping out at 40.5 in 2018-19.. It was 36.1 his MVP season.

It's fine if people don't want to think of Harden as a superstar anymore, and due to his down year this year, injuries last year, he may very well be on his way out
. But he certainly was one for most of his years in Houston
Well, this was your post from Nov of THIS season. Not the response from someone whomst has already removed a guy, but okay

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well, this was your post from Nov of THIS season. Not the response from someone whomst has already removed a guy, but okay
due to his down year this year, injuries last year, he may very well be on his way out.

I mean, I said it right there.

He was indeed on his way out. He's gone. He's had two crap seasons in a row, so he's off the superstar list.

He absolutely was a superstar in my book when he was in Houston.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I mean, I said it right there.

He was indeed on his way out. He's gone. He's had two crap seasons in a row, so he's off the superstar list.

He absolutely was a superstar in my book when he was in Houston.
“He may very well be on his way out…” that implies that he isn’t out yet in your opinion, but that he is close to being out. So yeah, as recently as this season, it appears you’ve claimed him to be one.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
“He may very well be on his way out…” that implies that he isn’t out yet in your opinion, but that he is close to being out. So yeah, as recently as this season, it appears you’ve claimed him to be one.
I don't knock a player for one bad season. Just like I don't anoint someone with an amazing season as a super. I like consistency.

So, if Harden got his shit together this season, he had a chance to reclaim status, but he didn't so he's now out. As I retro edit this stuff, I put his 2020-21 season as not superstar worthy and take him off the list. Back in November, which was the beginning of the season, Harden had the whole season to step up. Never did, and probably never will again.

I'm not sure what else you want from me.