2022 NBA Playoffs Discussion

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Even when harden was getting monster numbers, he was another star player I didn’t really enjoy watching, just like Giannis. Very effective and talented, but too much slop and ref bailing for my liking.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Even when harden was getting monster numbers, he was another star player I didn’t really enjoy watching, just like Giannis. Very effective and talented, but too much slop and ref bailing for my liking.
I don't mind Giannis, but also never liked Harden.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Yeah i hate Harden's game too. Giannis plays more like a LeBron or Shaq which i don't mind watching, but it's not as fun as someone with a little more style. I tend like him more on defense.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Def prefer Giannis over harden even in hardens glory days…but man, it’s really difficult to watch giannis just truck people and get the foul call…lot of times the and 1. If you’re going to let one of the biggest and most talented players in the league play RB, let some of the smaller guys play physical too, as opposed to calling cheap charges from flops. At least be consistent

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't knock a player for one bad season. Just like I don't anoint someone with an amazing season as a super. I like consistency.

So, if Harden got his shit together this season, he had a chance to reclaim status, but he didn't so he's now out. As I retro edit this stuff, I put his 2020-21 season as not superstar worthy and take him off the list. Back in November, which was the beginning of the season, Harden had the whole season to step up. Never did, and probably never will again.

I'm not sure what else you want from me.
I’d like for you to say now that you did not remove him last season as you tried claiming previously. Since you’re now admitting that you didn’t have him removed as recently as November

It was never about this season. It’s the fact you tried claiming you had already removed him from your list last season

Though, I’m sure you’ll come up with some other excuse instead of just saying you misspoke

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’d like for you to say now that you did not remove him last season as you tried claiming previously. Since you’re now admitting that you didn’t have him removed as recently as November

It was never about this season. It’s the fact you tried claiming you had already removed him from your list last season

Though, I’m sure you’ll come up with some other excuse instead of just saying you misspoke
Ohhh, that's what you're getting at lol.

After last season, I did not remove him, as I merely put a question mark on him in my head. So yeah, you're right there. I'm not going to argue that.

As far as what I do and what I meant when I said I removed him 2 seasons ago in my post yesterday, is that I removed him on the list I keep season-by-season from the 2020-21 season. He was removed sometime during this season. As I've said I retro edit my list. So apologies for the misunderstanding.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So far Grizz doing their best warriors impression. 6 three pointers to open the game, warriors still with 0

2 of them “logo” threes

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Got ugly immediately after that lol

Warriors shooting as well as they can

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
@knoxville7 aside, I'm sure most disagree, but I have a hard time finding anything redeemable about the Warriors.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well, Morant hurt his knee. This series is over

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well Morant getting a knee injury isn't how I wanted to see that series go.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Phoenix is in trouble.

Warriors vs Bucks would be a fun Finals.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Phoenix is in trouble.

Warriors vs Bucks would be a fun Finals.
I wasn't surprised Dallas won G3.. but thought Suns would take G4 based on their plan has basically been let Luka be Luka and stop everyone else. Dallas appears to have adjusted and found a way to get others more involved.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I wasn't surprised Dallas won G3.. but thought Suns would take G4 based on their plan has basically been let Luka be Luka and stop everyone else. Dallas appears to have adjusted and found a way to get others more involved.
And Chris Paul continues to be officiated differently than other players in the league.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jokic your B2B MVP.

Should have been Embiid.

I think 4 guys had a good argument to win it, but Jokic was the right pick imo.
He played without their 2nd best player (Murray missed all season) and 3rd best player (MPJ -only played 9 games), and they were still very competitive and won 48 games. The team, minus Jokic, is not very good. It can be argued that Denver would have been one the worst teams in the NBA without him. I personally don't think they would have even won 20 games. small sample size - they were 2-6 (.25 win %) without Jokic this season)

Embiid had a much better supporting cast than Jokic. Maxey came out of nowhere, Harris was still his reliable role-player self, and they had Harden for the last quarter of the season. Hypothetically speaking - I think without Embiid, the 76ers wouldn't have been great, but they still may have been in position for the play in. Another small sample size: 6-8 (.42 win %) without Emiid.

In that regard, I think Jokic had a slight edge in terms or who had more "value" for the team based on their situations and their end result.

When it comes to advanced stats, Jokic pretty much beats Embiid out in every stat related to value or impact on the team.

PER: Jokic- 32.8; Embiid - 31.2
Win Shares: Jokic -15.2; Embiid - 12
Plus/Minus: Jokic 13.7; Embiid - 9.2
VORP: Jokic - 9.8; Embiid- 6.5

In terms of individual stats, Embiid has a slight edge on BPG (.6) and had 3.5 more PPG, mostly as a result of shooting more. Jokic has the edge on rebounds (2.1), APG (3.7), SPG (.4), and shooting percentage (8.4%).

So, overall... close race. One of the closest ever, probably. But almost everything goes in Jokic's favor, so he would have gotten my vote.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think 4 guys had a good argument to win it, but Jokic was the right pick imo.
He played without their 2nd best player (Murray missed all season) and 3rd best player (MPJ -only played 9 games), and they were still very competitive and won 48 games. The team, minus Jokic, is not very good. It can be argued that Denver would have been one the worst teams in the NBA without him. I personally don't think they would have even won 20 games. small sample size - they were 2-6 (.25 win %) without Jokic this season)

Embiid had a much better supporting cast than Jokic. Maxey came out of nowhere, Harris was still his reliable role-player self, and they had Harden for the last quarter of the season. Hypothetically speaking - I think without Embiid, the 76ers wouldn't have been great, but they still may have been in position for the play in. Another small sample size: 6-8 (.42 win %) without Emiid.

In that regard, I think Jokic had a slight edge in terms or who had more "value" for the team based on their situations and their end result.

When it comes to advanced stats, Jokic pretty much beats Embiid out in every stat related to value or impact on the team.

PER: Jokic- 32.8; Embiid - 31.2
Win Shares: Jokic -15.2; Embiid - 12
Plus/Minus: Jokic 13.7; Embiid - 9.2
VORP: Jokic - 9.8; Embiid- 6.5

In terms of individual stats, Embiid has a slight edge on BPG (.6) and had 3.5 more PPG, mostly as a result of shooting more. Jokic has the edge on rebounds (2.1), APG (3.7), SPG (.4), and shooting percentage (8.4%).

So, overall... close race. One of the closest ever, probably. But almost everything goes in Jokic's favor, so he would have gotten my vote.
The narrative of Jokic playing on a worse team works both ways, though. Like of course Jokic had better overall numbers…he played on a worse team that needed him to do more.

To give the MVP to someone because they played on a worse team, isn’t exactly a reason to give out a MVP trophy.

That said, I have no issue with Jokic winning MVP, i just think Embiid was more deserving this season. It’s not like he exactly has a smooth and easy locker room situation, either. Just because maxey came out of nowhere, doesn’t mean it was easy. Hell, maxey coming out of nowhere could be credited to Embiid making it easier for his teammates

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If I were a voter, I would have voted Embiid 1st place. I think I would have voted Giannis over Jokic too.

However, Jokic is the king of advanced stats, that's for sure.