Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
For the record:

If you're old enough to put hands on a player's mother and wife, then you're old enough to catch that player's hands.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
For the record:

If you're old enough to put hands on a player's mother and wife, then you're old enough to catch that player's hands.
Televised MMA match between the perpetrator and CP3. All proceeds go to charity.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The narrative of Jokic playing on a worse team works both ways, though. Like of course Jokic had better overall numbers…he played on a worse team that needed him to do more.

I agree and disagree. Playing on a bad team can actually hurt one's numbers. If all the attention is on you because you don't have the help you need, it could be harder to produce. Jokic was not only dominant regardless of the lack of talent around him, it still helped contribute to wins instead of just putting up a bunch of "empty stats". On the flip side, it would be easier to put up better numbers if you had other guys to take pressure off you.

To give the MVP to someone because they played on a worse team, isn’t exactly a reason to give out a MVP trophy.

It isn't the only reason, but it absolutely is something that voters factor in. Doing "more with less" is something that is always talked about when discussing MVP. When you look at a lot of the guys who have won MVP, one of the biggest reasons why is because they had success despite being on a team that lacked great talent. Again, not the only reason, but it can't be denied that it is factored in.

On the flip side, being on a loaded team has hurt a player's chances at winning MVP. It's one of the biggest reasons why Curry didn't 3-peat for MVP... because that third year, he had Kevin Durant (along with Klay and Draymond).

That said, I have no issue with Jokic winning MVP, i just think Embiid was more deserving this season. It’s not like he exactly has a smooth and easy locker room situation, either. Just because maxey came out of nowhere, doesn’t mean it was easy. Hell, maxey coming out of nowhere could be credited to Embiid making it easier for his teammates

Yeah, I wouldn't have been made if Embiid or Giannis won it either. I think all 3 had a strong argument. From my standpoint, when you look at all the factors, Jokic comes out on top for most of the objective data we have. The subjective stuff can be argued to death, but the truth is we'll never know much of an impact certain things had. For example- you reference Embiid not dealing with a "smooth and easy locker room situation." I assume that you are talking about Ben Simmons. I'd argue the opposite. I don't think it impacted the 76ers much at all, and in fact, it probably helped that wasn't part of the team. The blow up started a year ago and sixers pretty much moved past it by the time the season started. Of course, a combination of Maxey, Curry, and Harden replacing Simmons helped fill any hole that was created. But again, that's a matter of opinion.

See responses above!

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That should of been a foul on draymond on that 3 point attempt to tie the game by Jackson there

Enasic

Liked Posts:
That should of been a foul on draymond on that 3 point attempt to tie the game by Jackson there
I agree. I thought that push in the back on the rebound that went against the grizz was pretty weak too. That said, I think the officiating for Memphis was favorable for most of the game.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I agree. I thought that push in the back on the rebound that went against the grizz was pretty weak too. That said, I think the officiating for Memphis was favorable for most of the game.
Agreed. The officiating was fine till the last minute or two of the game. Then all of a sudden the calls changed. And yeah, curry is always embellishing things to get the calls

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Agreed. The officiating was fine till the last minute or two of the game. Then all of a sudden the calls changed. And yeah, curry is that whole team is always embellishing things to get the calls
Fixed it for you.

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Agreed. The officiating was fine till the last minute or two of the game. Then all of a sudden the calls changed. And yeah, curry is always embellishing things to get the calls
The push in the back was a horrendous call. And agreed. It's Curry, Giannis leading the league in those embelishing calls.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The push in the back was a horrendous call. And agreed. It's Curry, Giannis leading the league in those embelishing calls.

I'd give that title to either LBJ, CP3, or Harden. Those dudes clearly flop the most.

On the Warriors, I think Draymond is much worse than Curry when it comes to flopping.

But many players do it. Joel Embiid, trae Young, marcus smart, and Lowry come to mind. Luka is up there too.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I must say, Al Horford was ballin last night my goodness

Giannis done fucked up with that stare down. right after, you see Horford nodding like, "okay." Then he just goes off.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Giannis done fucked up with that stare down. right after, you see Horford nodding like, "okay." Then he just goes off.
Yup, Horford's sister called it out on Twitter also as the moment Horford flipped the switch

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I'd give that title to either LBJ, CP3, or Harden. Those dudes clearly flop the most.

On the Warriors, I think Draymond is much worse than Curry when it comes to flopping.

But many players do it. Joel Embiid, trae Young, marcus smart, and Lowry come to mind. Luka is up there too.
Not even necessarily flopping, but Giannis gets to play like a RB and truck people and the refs call the foul on the defense. That’s even worse and harder to deal with than flopping.

I still remember the play in game 1 I believe, Giannis literally goes over and climbs the back of Patrick Williams and pat gets called for the foul. Prob the most obvious over the back foul I’ve ever seen I still can’t believe BD didn’t challenge it.

When you’re as big as giannis, and you’re allowed to truck people, take extra steps, and climb on top of people, it’s a bit of a joke.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a shooting display by GS. That may be the worst game I ever saw Klay play. He looked like a fish out of water.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It’s really unfortunate, when both teams are healthy, I’d argue the Grizz are just as good or better than GS

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Luckily it's just a bone bruise and not something more serious.

Hopefully Grizz have taken a lot of experience here and come back stronger next season.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Tatum is having his worst playoff series of his career against the bucks. The next worst performance was last time he played the bucks in 2019

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If bulls are set on trying to fit a FA point guard and a wing player onto the roster, I’d rather they sign a guy like rose for less than the top tier PG’s and trade for a guy like Marcus smart on a 1 year deal for like 14 mil left, and keep Thad that way. I doubt smart would cost much in a trade, and you keep your future cap flexibility going forward as opposed to giving Derozan a 3 or 4 year deal at 20 mil per.

Smart is an elite defender that can handle the elite 3’s of the league as well as anyone can and is a better 3 point shooter than Derozan is. smart is about 33%, which is almost league average at least. Derozan shoots it 25-26%, which is just atrociously bad for a wing player.
just a lil reminder at how this past offseason I wanted the bulls to add Marcus smart