Here we go... 2022 Season.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Kinda what most of us were anticipating.....they are doing what needs to be done.

Too annoyingly painful to watch.....so I don't.

Called him back up. Had a few changes and Miley is pitching Tue. And I will be there. My wife got tix back in March. Totally cheesed on it until she reminded me that we have tix to the game. Well at least I get to see a debut.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hmm. Miley looking like the guy they paid for. 1 hit ball in 6 innings. Cubs also just toasted a lefty finally. Peters got wrecked in the 1st.

Bust

Liked Posts:
don't look now but the cubs have won 5 of their last 7. Their next 10 games are against Pittsburgh, Arizona and Cincinnati.

They need to go 7-3 or 8-2 here boyz

Bust

Liked Posts:
don't look now but the cubs have won 5 of their last 7. Their next 10 games are against Pittsburgh, Arizona and Cincinnati.

They need to go 7-3 or 8-2 here boyz

ANOTHER DOMINATING WIN!

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
If they can get back to .500 and stay there all season I will be happy. They could then make the hard decision of buying or selling at the deadline.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
An other good start by Steele wasted by the bullpen. It to be expected I guess.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Cubs got very lucky that Baez and Bryant didn’t accept those contract extensions a couple years ago. Baez still can’t hit consistently and Bryant is having back problems which will likely hamper him the rest of his career. Only guy playing decent is Rizzo but he’s only hitting .220. Cubs’ FO finally understands the concept of diminishing returns.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Cubs got very lucky that Baez and Bryant didn’t accept those contract extensions a couple years ago. Baez still can’t hit consistently and Bryant is having back problems which will likely hamper him the rest of his career. Only guy playing decent is Rizzo but he’s only hitting .220. Cubs’ FO finally understands the concept of diminishing returns.
100%. People fell in love with these guys, instead of paying attention to how they were trending.

Trading away aging vets that demand monster contracts is just smart operating. And the fact they got more than just “peanuts” back for those guys makes it that much sweeter

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
100%. People fell in love with these guys, instead of paying attention to how they were trending.

Trading away aging vets that demand monster contracts is just smart operating. And the fact they got more than just “peanuts” back for those guys makes it that much sweeter
@jts1207 peanuts?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So Keegan Thompson has a spot in the rotation or?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thankfully, Ive spent the majority of the day out with the family. I could have been watching this thrillfest of a baseball game. One run and 5 hits total in the game after 7 innings. Good Lord.....at least we know the Cubs are in rebuild mode. I thought the Sox were ready for Prime Time.......I don't get it. They have probably the softest schedule in MLB with over 100 games vs bad teams.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
LATEST NEWS
May 29: Wade Miley to IL; Mark Leiter Jr. recalled
Miley was placed on the 15-day injured list (retroactive to May 26) with a left-shoulder sprain. The injury occurred during his last start on May 22 against the D-backs. Manager David Ross isn’t too concerned about the injury and expects the lefty to be back soon. In a corresponding move, the Cubs called Leiter up from Triple-A Iowa. -- Joey Pollizze

May 29: Seiya Suzuki remains out with sprained finger
Suzuki remained out of the lineup on Sunday against the White Sox with a sprained left ring finger. The Cubs’ outfielder hit in the batting cage before the game, but he is still experiencing some discomfort. Cubs president of baseball operations Jed Hoyer said Suzuki’s finger is “sore, swollen and stiff.” -- Joey Pollizze

Cubs need a RF so it is a opertunity

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So it seems that Velazquez is the extra man on the DH. There is opertunity with Leiter taking Miley's spot and Thompson taking the rotation spot.

So if Velasquez impresses Jed could move Leiter down. Keep Suzuki on the bench or DL him.

But in general injury seems to be forcing change and I hope these kids run with it and push the AAAA talent out.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Today's starters

Game 1 Swarmer. He was a low draft pick. Started in the pen this year. But with all of the movement and Abbot being let go he got a spot. Over all low talent. But seems to be able to find success regardless. High floor type. He is filler.

Steel on game 2. See where he is at after the rape job. Going in he had back to back great games.