Debate Time Allen Robinson & Bears Future.

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Did he like Fields?

Did he not believe in him?

Did he chase money ? Going to rams ? A ring ?

Did Ryan poles see something that made him pass on this great Allen Robinson ?

I'm getting pretty sick of the pendants narrative at this point just because we lose Allen Robinson suddenly the offense is complete dogshit when other than a few offensive linemen and Allen Robinson the offense is almost the same with a few added players and probably better wide receivers than we had last year other than Allen and Mooney I just don't get the negativity if this offense isn't any good or the players have a hard time understanding how to run it then you handle it from there but we haven't had any training camp or preseason I just am so shocked it seems like Chicago media is at an all-time low and even this board is super duper Doom and Gloom the Bears are usually on middle-of-the-road team or really good for a short. It's been very many years since the Bears were suddenly the worst team in the NFL with a Superbad roster supposedly going to give them close to an 0 and 16 record

If Matt Nagy with Mitchell trubisky can have winning seasons and middle of the pack seasons record wise how the hell with the Superstar Justin fields and the new scheme that the Bears are going to be giving him with this offense and the defense going back to the basics how are we going to suddenly be so horrible the way they talk they should be telling everybody in Green Bay that they're going to suck horrible because they don't have Davante Adams anymore one player doesn't make a damn team

It would have been nice to keep Allen Robinson but I think the guy quit on the team and he wasn't really that big of a game-breaker or he had a lot of his passion sucked out of him with a lot of the stuff that happened here when he was here but I just think all this talk one of went away if he was on the team but that's how they try to make it just because you bring in a rookie Superstar first round pick doesn't mean he's going to be a great Wide Receiver right away there isn't a lot of situations like with the Bangles had I'm just sick of the whole negative we are bear fans were prepared her failure because we've seen it other than a few good years we've seen it for the last 30 years I just think we're supposed to have this great quarterback that has a lot of potential we have a coach that came from Green Bay and knows good QB play why not give it a chance.

We gave Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace a lot of chances and these guys probably know a lot more about how to run an offense and how to make it around the players than those guys did and they were somewhat successful

Plus this wide receiver coach is supposed to be super good along with the rest of the offense of staff I don't know I'm just sick of the negativity but maybe I have too much hope and maybe I should just be prepared to have the worst season in Chicago Bears history because the media is so bored they can talk about nothing else but negativity when it comes to the Chicago Bears.

I choose to be in the camp of let's go let's see what happens and I hope the offensive players see all this bs talk and play lights out.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I thought we were done with the "why's "

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Robinson phoned it in last season and you could tell he wasn’t concerned with the season with the way he played. Several dropped game changing passes, low effort on blocking and route running and his beef with Nagy didn’t help. If he went ring chasing I don’t blame him however if he expects Stafford to target him when Stafford is notorious for staring down the WR he likes( Kupp) well he is in for a surprise

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Robinson definitely didn’t leave it all on the field last year. He’s a poor blocker. He’s poor at YAC. He’s a very good route runner and has dependable hands…although he missed a lot of 50/50 balls the true elite receivers get. Seems like a good dude but not disappointed he’s gone. More opportunities for Mooney, Pringle, and VJJ.

I expect him to put up very good numbers in LA, though. He landed in the perfect situation. He’s being coached by arguably the best offensive mind in the game and Kupp demands a ton of attention.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wrong season to even consider signing a high priced FA WR, so overstated. Nothing wrong with AR but he's also not a take the top off guy we needed most. Just not worth the $ for this team, this year. Wish him well in LA.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You're absolutely right. The biggest issue was Matt Nagy's crappy system and he's gone. We should expect a much better year offensively...kinda hard to be worse than curl and drag routes every play.

But also what you're hearing from the media and fans is preemptive excuses in case Justin struggles.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You're absolutely right. The biggest issue was Matt Nagy's crappy system and he's gone. We should expect a much better year offensively...kinda hard to be worse than curl and drag routes every play.

But also what you're hearing from the media and fans is preemptive excuses in case Justin struggles.
You can always make excuses. Some are genuine some aren’t.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few things.

1) A Rob needed a change. Maybe he could have gotten that with the new regime, but I understand them not being willing to tempt that.

2) Better or worse than last year doesn't matter that much. The offensive talent isn't good enough. The WR room is among the worst in the league. The O line is at best dangerously unproven. Kmet doesn't appear to be a weapon. The highlight, outside of Justin Fields is an above average RB with no elite skills. As for coaching, I'll believe it when I see it, but you still need talent to develop and the Bears don't have first round offensive guys outside of Fields (obviously they weren't going to change that this year, but this is to set expectations, not to place blame).

3) I feel like the longer we go in the offseason, the more people are combining the development of Fields with the competitiveness of the team. I don't. I think a bad offensive line and WRs that aren't highly skilled overall could negatively influence Fields' confidence in extending a play. That's his elite skills and while we all want him to develop a better quick game, if he loses that confidence, he likely busts. Personally, I don't care if Duke Shelly and Kindle Vildor allow a 156.3 QB rating against and the Bears lose 20-30 every week and go 5-12. Defense can be patched in a year. Offense usually can't and either way, Fields is what matters.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Did he like Fields?

Did he not believe in him?
I'm sure we'd know if he didn't like Fields or believe in him.

He was also blunt that Nagy never had Fields with the 1st stringers until he was made to be starter, so no camp, no workouts working together building the chemistry. And before some wannabe knight in shining armor wants to bloviate about how Robinson should have taken initiative, consider his position as a player--NOT a grubby, douche fan. He was on a franchise tag on record multiple times saying he wants to stay longterm, and the former GM Pace was on record saying Robinson was a part of the future, even after mortgaging picks this year for Fields.

So a GM who says he wants to keep you, but just Franchise tag's you then offers no deal. There's no incentive. No protection. Do I agree with the times he dogged it last year? Nope. Do I completely understand? Hell yes.

Did he chase money ? Going to rams ? A ring ?
Probably was the highest contract offered, all things considered. Take Christian Kirk's ridiculous deal aside, Robinson dogged a year when he was looking to make 20+ mil on a final big contract, and a team gave him what the bears gave him (15 and change a year).

He gets to play with a proven QB and no longer has to go above and beyond making the Blake Bortles' or Mitch Trubiskys of the world look competent, and now he's WR2 to Cupp so defenses aren't going to smother him.

A ring? The rams will be contenders again but they've lost a few people. If they replace Whitworth with someone as good at LT, they'll probably be in the NFC Championship game again sans Stafford/Donald going down.
Did Ryan poles see something that made him pass on this great Allen Robinson ?

No, just a fresh start for everybody. The bears are going backward for a bit and Robinson still has 2-3 prime years left (he turns 29 in August) he'd be wasting on a 3-5 win team in 22 getting incrementally better beyond but still not a serious contender (unless Erin retires and everything takes a step forward/the OL magically repairs itself to competence then next year's pipe dream isn't so much a pipe dream).

Reactions: Myk

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Thread is about Robinson so of course you bring up your obsession

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think Robinson's beef was with Nagy and had nothing to do with Fields.

Although, if true, kinda shows you how selfish AR actually is. Dude completely gave up on the season. Wouldn't even try. Gave up on blocks and routes constantly. A true veteran still would have been their for Fields even though he hated the HC.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
3) I feel like the longer we go in the offseason, the more people are combining the development of Fields with the competitiveness of the team.

Yep. The truth is we can still evaluate a QB regardless of the rest of the team. We may not have an elite WR1, but Mooney, Monty, Pringle, and Kmet are at least average. There's no reason to expect less than average QB play from a guy who you gave up 2 first round picks for.

We drafted heavy on offense last year, but for some reason those picks cannot be expected to perform because we didn't draft even MORE offense this year? Doesn't add up.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yep. The truth is we can still evaluate a QB regardless of the rest of the team. We may not have an elite WR1, but Mooney, Monty, Pringle, and Kmet are at least average. There's no reason to expect less than average QB play from a guy who you gave up 2 first round picks for.

We drafted heavy on offense last year, but for some reason those picks cannot be expected to perform because we didn't draft even MORE offense this year? Doesn't add up.
Can somebody ask Rainbow what Pace’s draft picks have to do with this year? If he hasn’t noticed Poles is basically cleaning up Pace’s mess. Newsome and Borom might not even make it to TC