*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's not true. Have you heard of scientific theory? Fact isn't based off whether it can be proven wrong but whether it can be proven correct

The dude is a testament to the failing standards in education. I feel like I am talking to a 7 year old trying to explain the difference between an opinion and a fact.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
The Bears O-line sucks, I can state it as fact until proven otherwise. On average, only 11 of 154 day three draft picks start more than 8 games their rookie season. The Bears only notable acquisition during FA for the O-line was a rotational depth piece at best, as witnessed by receiving a much smaller contract in FA as the O-lineman the Bears lost. Borom and Jenkins were both hot trash last year. and even significant improvements would only make them marginally serviceable. This is a bottom 1/3 unit, any way you want to try to spin it. And we haven't even begun to address injuries, which will most assuredly happen to at least one "starter" on this unit.
C) Patrick..........Started the last two seasons for the Packers. A solid upgrade over Mustipher.
LG) Whitehair.
RG) Hole..........I don't think he is even on the roster yet.
OT's. Jenkins/Borom TBD. With only 10 starts between them in 2021 sample size is just too small to make an accurate judgement.

In my opinion I think the question should be can this group be a competent offensive line in 2022. If they can at least do that then Fields will have a fighting chance.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I can prove that expectations for the Bears O-line this year is that it will be crap. It is not just my opinion, but one that is shared by the vast majority. That is a fact. I can prove Poles did not invest heavily into this O-line. That is also a fact. There is a very good reason the picks the Bears made in the 6th and 7th rounds did not get drafted in the 1st and second rounds, that to is also a fact.

Sure the Bears O-line have a one in a million chance they might be good, and the Lions have this same chance to be Super Bowl contenders this year as well, to state otherwise is opinion.

“It is not just my opinion, but one that is shared by the vast majority”- How is that a fact when your comment literally has the word opinion in it?

“I can prove Poles did not invest heavily into this O-line.”- Again that’s your opinion not a fact, because Poles did invest heavily in the OLine during the draft. It doesn’t matter which rounds they came from. The point is he invested.

Did you pass grade school?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The dude is a testament to the failing standards in education. I feel like I am talking to a 7 year old trying to explain the difference between an opinion and a fact.
He’s still struggling with the usage of your and you’re as well as to and too. Yes, he’s a moron.

That is a fact not an opinion.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He’s still struggling with the usage of your and you’re as well as to and too. Yes, he’s a moron.

That is a fact not an opinion.
Three identifiers that show @nc0gnet0 is a moron:

1) His recent whining about Primtime games

2) Every time he gets owned on CCS (which is a lot), he goes back to his catch phrase “The Bears o line sucks”. Even when the entire Lions team sucks.

3) He has over 12,000 posts on a Bears forum and can never explain himself why he posts here.

If I was a newcomer to this site and read any of those types of post, I would legit think he gets finger blasted by JW.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
It’s a pretty big deal! Stop diminishing this great accomplishment.
You know @nc0gnet0 lives for the small sample size accomplishments. Lions will finish in last place again this season but will highlight the few bright spots while bashing the Bears, who were clearly the better team.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the OL will be decent, average this year. So somewhere in the range of the 16th best in the league. I don't think they will be the worst. So many improvements have been made, and I actually like our tackles a little bit. Only time will tell.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
My opinion is that the Bears O Line will finish better than the Lions O Line and that is a fact!

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look, I liked Tolbert as much as anyone. What he brings is a good WR.

Now, does he, day 1, force the defense to instantly account for him as soon as he’s on the field? I’m not sure. I see him as a good WR that will learn routes and run them effectively.

VJJ gives them a weapon that can move around and force a D to account for where he’s at. Yeah, he may run two routes all season, but those routes, in this scheme, are fucking deadly.

I don’t see them being able to line up Tolbert in the backfield and motion him to 5 wide. The key reason is that VJJ could actually take the handoff from the backfield.

So, yes the knock is that VJJ is gimicky. But, that is also the strength of why they wanted him. They didn’t want a jump catch solid route runner as much as a weapon that can get put in on day 1, play 1, and grab a screen and take it 10 yards.

Now, does he have the ceiling of Tolbert? Maybe not. He comes in with a floor that can be utilized as a returner and 5-8 touches a game. Also, his jet sweep motion isn’t t just decorative. He’s always a threat to take that handoff.
He's a cheaper Cordarell Patterson, which in my mind is a good compliment to a strong WR corps but a bad substitute for one.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“It is not just my opinion, but one that is shared by the vast majority”- How is that a fact when your comment literally has the word opinion in it?

“I can prove Poles did not invest heavily into this O-line.”- Again that’s your opinion not a fact, because Poles did invest heavily in the OLine during the draft. It doesn’t matter which rounds they came from. The point is he invested.

Did you pass grade school?
6th and 7th round picks are not investing heavily, it's throwing shit against the wall and hoping something sticks. Poles was flailing in the wind.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol again you cant be this stupid. That is not how it works.

You fuck dogs. That is a fact until you can prove it is wrong. So now what is your proof you are not a dogfucker?
It is how it works.
Fact-they were bad last year.
They are bad until they are proven otherwise.

Fact: you lost your two best players on the O-line from last year.
Fact: you replaced them with a crapfest of 6th and 7th round rookies and a middling Lucas Patrick, who is a marginal upgrade over Mustipher

C Lucas Patrick | 57.6
C Sam Mustipher | 51.8

But congratulations, Patrick wasn't the worst center in the league last year, only the 3rd worst. Even the lowly Lions backup center graded out significantly higher than Patrick.

So continue your piss poor debate with more if's but's and nut's.

Last edited: