*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is how it works.
Fact-they were bad last year.
They are bad until they are proven otherwise.

Fact: you lost your two best players on the O-line from last year.
Fact: you replaced them with a crapfest of 6th and 7th round rookies and a middling Lucas Patrick, who is a marginal upgrade over Mustipher

C Lucas Patrick | 57.6
C Sam Mustipher | 51.8

But congratulations, Patrick wasn't the worst center in the league last year, only the 3rd worst. Even the lowly Lions backup center graded out significantly higher than Patrick.

So continue your piss poor debate with more if's but's and nut's.
I cant correct 18 years of poor education over a message board. Nothing you said changes the fact that it is an opinion. Further PFF contradicts itself. The Bears were 17th in pass blocking last year ahead of the Lions who were 19th. That is average not bad. They were 22nd in run blocking while the Lions were 19th. So the Lions and Bears were quite similar overall. So by this logic then the Lions were a shit OL last year.

Screenshot_20220520-152805_Chrome.jpg

Your argument is so stupid and easy to refute. You are literally quoting a website that is clearly subjective and thus not fact as evidence despite it taking two completely different positions regarding the Lions OL. They have ignored their own subjective data and decided the Lions were 13th based on assumptions about health that per your argument cant be taken into account until they are proven.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears O-line sucks, I can state it as fact until proven otherwise. On average, only 11 of 154 day three draft picks start more than 8 games their rookie season. The Bears only notable acquisition during FA for the O-line was a rotational depth piece at best, as witnessed by receiving a much smaller contract in FA as the O-lineman the Bears lost. Borom and Jenkins were both hot trash last year. and even significant improvements would only make them marginally serviceable. This is a bottom 1/3 unit, any way you want to try to spin it. And we haven't even begun to address injuries, which will most assuredly happen to at least one "starter" on this unit.
It's a fact until you can prove it is wrong. So far you have failed miserably at that.

Just to ensure we on the same page regarding your argument.

So based on the logic in the bold, it is a fact the Lions OL sucks as they graded out similar to the sucky Bears. And since we know starters were injured last year we must assume they will be injured again. So they suck until proven otherwise.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
6th and 7th round picks are not investing heavily, it's throwing shit against the wall and hoping something sticks. Poles was flailing in the wind.
I would say Poles IS investing heavily in developmental late round offensive linemen much like some of the best franchises in the NFL, KC, GB, NE to name a few. If anyone of those day three picks steps up it would be an unexpected suprise. I see two or three making the 53 in 2022. in a backup role only.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Just to ensure we on the same page regarding your argument.

So based on the logic in the bold, it is a fact the Lions OL sucks as they graded out similar to the sucky Bears. And since we know starters were injured last year we must assume they will be injured again. So they suck until proven otherwise.
That sounds pretty accurate to me if we are speaking @nc0gnet0 language.

I think it’s also fascinating how @nc0gnet0 already knows that Jenkins & Borom will be terrible based on their short and injury plagued rookie season and one week of OTAs in 2022. He also somehow knows that none of the draft picks this year will contribute by any means.

So again based on his logic and thinking, I guess Penei Sewell is going to have a horrible career too.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@nc0gnet0 thinks all the Lions players will improve but doesn't think anyone on the Bears will

Why does anyone waste time arguing with this idiot? He'll just disappear once the Lions are dogshit again

It is like reality TV. You dont engage because it is good. You engage because the trainwreck nature of it makes you feel better about your life.

@nc0gnet0 reminds us all that as bad as it is for Bears fans there is always worse. You could be a fan of one of the worst franchises in sports history.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
@nc0gnet0 thinks all the Lions players will improve but doesn't think anyone on the Bears will

Why does anyone waste time arguing with this idiot? He'll just disappear once the Lions are dogshit again
It’s fun to argue with him just too see how far he will push his low intelligence. He never fails

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
He's a cheaper Cordarell Patterson, which in my mind is a good compliment to a strong WR corps but a bad substitute for one.
I think, at this point in his career as a rookie, you're not wrong. A rookie that could contribute in the return game and be a force as a runner and a guy who can make plays in space is a force multiplier.

Now, I think the jury is out on our WR core since we've yet to see them play. If they are average to good, VJJ becomes a force multiplier capable of forcing the D to expose themselves as he goes in motion. They won't be able to
ignore his movement and Jet sweeps.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think, at this point in his career as a rookie, you're not wrong. A rookie that could contribute in the return game and be a force as a runner and a guy who can make plays in space is a force multiplier.

Now, I think the jury is out on our WR core since we've yet to see them play. If they are average to good, VJJ becomes a force multiplier capable of forcing the D to expose themselves as he goes in motion. They won't be able to
ignore his movement and Jet sweeps.
I hope you're right